• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to start with the rebuild this is the way to go. That is the problem. They are stuck in between playing younger guys for playing time or trading for another 3rd option. At this point, with limited assets the way to go is to play the younger guys.

What I am saying is they have been right on the line of clear contenders for years now. You can't make a move for another higher end piece now but years ago maybe so.

their best bet might be getting DFS and CAm from the nets.

Low usage but high quality role players who fit better than say, a Vanderbilt (who is a good player on a solid value deal, but the fit isn't as good).

They also have a PG issue which would be harder to solve. But saving money and freeing up their MLE might at least give them something to work with.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers keep fishing for Grant, maybe they could rope Simons in too.

Could be difficult salary wise and with them not willing to trade Reaves. It'd have to be D'lo, Rui, one of Vincent/Vando (I'd keep Vando because they need frontcourt pieces), and then a min level guy around the 3 mil mark to get it to work salary wise. And you'd definitely have to include the two 1st rounders they can trade, with very little (if any) protections. Still, its not that great of a return for Portland but they may bite to A) Get off Grant's contract and B) Be truly fucking awful for 2025 while also having top picks from the Lakers just couple years later
Brogdon
This has become a pretty clear re-occurring pattern with FA's and players of potential trade partners. Nobody wants to play in LA. The Lakers would be better served if they kept their present players and not lose anymore assets like DRuss, Hachimura, Reaves, and whoever else they think removing will improve their team.

Nobody wants to play is a bit extreme.

LOL.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brogdon
Nobody wants to play is a bit extreme.

LOL.

Brogdon perfect for them

But the math to get there is hard since the lakers need to take back less salary and the blazers are tight up against the tax

But it’s definitely possible

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 36 isn't he? And not KD so....

They might have to settle for a few 2nd rounders.

The wizards first from the Knicks that turns into 2 seconds seems a reasonable Compromise

But again I’d have to figure out the math on it cause Robinson contract makes it hard to agg since it’s declining

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brogdon perfect for them

But the math to get there is hard since the lakers need to take back less salary and the blazers are tight up against the tax

But it’s definitely possible
Brogdon was from a previous post I never published but yes.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brogdon was from a previous post I never published but yes.

Problems js Washington already has too many contracts but russell and jhs a good start to a deal

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
their best bet might be getting DFS and CAm from the nets.

Low usage but high quality role players who fit better than say, a Vanderbilt (who is a good player on a solid value deal, but the fit isn't as good).

They also have a PG issue which would be harder to solve. But saving money and freeing up their MLE might at least give them something to work with.
Agree, go after some complimentary pieces instead of another big chip. Are you giving up both 1st's though bc that isn't ideal

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, unlike when LeBron was younger, seems that players no longer think being able to play with him is a great title shot. Father Time is undefeated even for the longevity GOAT

Tom Brady and Lebron sure seem to disagree.

If the NFL and the NBA didnt pay such ridiculous salaries and players actually had to scrape to make a living, Tom Brady would be heading into another season with Tampa next year and Lebron would be talking about playing until Bronny is in his 30's.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady and Lebron sure seem to disagree.

If the NFL and the NBA didnt pay such ridiculous salaries and players actually had to scrape to make a living, Tom Brady would be heading into another season with Tampa next year and Lebron would be talking about playing until Bronny is in his 30's.
Who do you think I was referencing with 'longevity GOAT'?

And you missed my point...LeBron could play until he's 45 or whatever but even he is not immune to aging and now he is no longer the dominant best player in the game who can carry a team to the finals or a title. Father Time wins again.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think I was referencing with 'longevity GOAT'?

And you missed my point...LeBron could play until he's 45 or whatever but even he is not immune to aging and now he is no longer the dominant best player in the game who can carry a team to the finals or a title. Father Time wins again.
I mean you are right about not carrying a team to the finals but in his defense, he is basically the only player every to do it...literally by himself several times.
He is still right there at a top 10 player. So the fact the Lakers can't seem to get over the hump with two top 15-20 players arguably makes it tough. They definitely haven't done the best job bc I thought for years now they could have done at least a little better and that could have been the difference in a series or two. At this point, they have picks but unwilling to give up but it is likely too late anyway. They have some decent assets player wise that aren't crippling the future if they throw them in some trades.

The unwillingness to part with picks probably was the ultimate factor for years now. Not saying there was a player that was 100% worthy but I felt they had chances over the years.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you are right about not carrying a team to the finals but in his defense, he is basically the only player every to do it...literally by himself several times.
He is still right there at a top 10 player. So the fact the Lakers can't seem to get over the hump with two top 15-20 players arguably makes it tough. They definitely haven't done the best job bc I thought for years now they could have done at least a little better and that could have been the difference in a series or two. At this point, they have picks but unwilling to give up but it is likely too late anyway. They have some decent assets player wise that aren't crippling the future if they throw them in some trades.

The unwillingness to part with picks probably was the ultimate factor for years now. Not saying there was a player that was 100% worthy but I felt they had chances over the years.
Well sure, they haven't done much well since the title in 2020, they are the proverbial "just go all in on a title and then who cares what happens after" example, which is actually more common than a team being a dynasty and winning multiple titles with the same core. Warriors obviously the last to do that, since then been a lot of one and done, with title winners not even making the finals after (Raptors, Lakers, Bucks, Nuggets...)

And yeah, no one in NBA history was ever as great as LeBron at willing teams to the finals almost single handedly, that's part of my point. Even that guy loses to Father Time eventually. There have been others to do that once or twice, like Bill Walton and Hakeem Olajuwon and Giannis, but no one over and over like LeBron

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure, they haven't done much well since the title in 2020, they are the proverbial "just go all in on a title and then who cares what happens after" example, which is actually more common than a team being a dynasty and winning multiple titles with the same core. Warriors obviously the last to do that, since then been a lot of one and done, with title winners not even making the finals after (Raptors, Lakers, Bucks, Nuggets...)

And yeah, no one in NBA history was ever as great as LeBron at willing teams to the finals single handedly, that's part of my point. Even that guy loses to Father Time eventually.

The bucks are nuggets have been contenders after that

The lakers really haven’t

And tor got crushed in fa after their title which is a separate issue

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bucks are nuggets have been contenders after that

The lakers really haven’t

And tor got crushed in fa after their title which is a separate issue
Bucks and Nuggets have yet to make the finals after their title, but it's still recent enough that they could. My point stands, expecting the Lakers to be a multiple title team is a tough ask, that is pretty rare.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks and Nuggets have yet to make the finals after their title, but it's still recent enough that they could. My point stands, expecting the Lakers to be a multiple title team is a tough ask, that is pretty rare.

Multi title teams tend to have a generational player

Lebron counts

The nuggets are on their way to mismanaging assets to become the 2020s lakers

The new cba will make it harder and it’s not fair to compare the eras

The players grabbed their ankles big time this last cba

The lakers are worse than the nuggets and now the bucks in this regard