• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers keep fishing for Grant, maybe they could rope Simons in too.

Could be difficult salary wise and with them not willing to trade Reaves. It'd have to be D'lo, Rui, one of Vincent/Vando (I'd keep Vando because they need frontcourt pieces), and then a min level guy around the 3 mil mark to get it to work salary wise. And you'd definitely have to include the two 1st rounders they can trade, with very little (if any) protections. Still, its not that great of a return for Portland but they may bite to A) Get off Grant's contract and B) Be truly fucking awful for 2025 while also having top picks from the Lakers just couple years later

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq has it correct. The Lakers have gone so all-in with LeBron that this is the end result.

The guys in the NBA are pretty close emotionally to 4th grade girls now. That's lebron's real legacy.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has become a pretty clear re-occurring pattern with FA's and players of potential trade partners. Nobody wants to play in LA. The Lakers would be better served if they kept their present players and not lose anymore assets like DRuss, Hachimura, Reaves, and whoever else they think removing will improve their team.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has become a pretty clear re-occurring pattern with FA's and players of potential trade partners. Nobody wants to play in LA. The Lakers would be better served if they kept their present players and not lose anymore assets like DRuss, Hachimura, Reaves, and whoever else they think removing will improve their team.

The Lebron thing is going to have to play out before anything is going to change.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lebron thing is going to have to play out before anything is going to change.
Right, unlike when LeBron was younger, seems that players no longer think being able to play with him is a great title shot. Father Time is undefeated even for the longevity GOAT

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, unlike when LeBron was younger, seems that players no longer think being able to play with him is a great title shot. Father Time is undefeated even for the longevity GOAT
I don't necessarily think they won't have a great title shot but lack of coaching experience and long-term stability is definitely worrisome. Really it's just year to year with Lebron so a player signing for a 3 or 4 year deal that can be up in the air. Then going from coach to coach there is less stability, difficult to know what to expect.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily think they won't have a great title shot but lack of coaching experience and long-term stability is definitely worrisome. Really it's just year to year with Lebron so a player signing for a 3 or 4 year deal that can be up in the air. Then going from coach to coach there is less stability, difficult to know what to expect.
Those are also factors but he’s simply not that dude anymore. I’m a big LeBron fan but it’s obvious

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are also factors but he’s simply not that dude anymore. I’m a big LeBron fan but it’s obvious
As in not carrying a team through a series. Definitely agree.

Lebron and AD are a good enough duo to win a championship now though still but their lack of depth has been pretty meh for years I believe. Not a lot to work with assets wise bc they don't want to mortgage the future. If Pelinka maybe gave up those picks for a player years ago maybe things were different, just spitballing. Reaves and DLo are good but not enough as 3rd and 4th options vs the west. More than that, after that they don't have much shooting which Lebron thrived on having around him for years in Miami and Cleveland.
AD injury woes didn't help at times too and Lebron missed some time one season too

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all points made in previous posts. The Lakers should just chill on any attempt to make anymore trades. They already lost Prince. So they should just keep DRuss and others until LeBron is finally done.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As in not carrying a team through a series. Definitely agree.

Lebron and AD are a good enough duo to win a championship now though still but their lack of depth has been pretty meh for years I believe. Not a lot to work with assets wise bc they don't want to mortgage the future. If Pelinka maybe gave up those picks for a player years ago maybe things were different, just spitballing. Reaves and DLo are good but not enough as 3rd and 4th options vs the west. More than that, after that they don't have much shooting which Lebron thrived on having around him for years in Miami and Cleveland.
AD injury woes didn't help at times too and Lebron missed some time one season too

Agree with all points made in previous posts. The Lakers should just chill on any attempt to make anymore trades. They already lost Prince. So they should just keep DRuss and others until LeBron is finally done.

I disagree.

They need the right moves

And overvaluing decent roles players is not helping

Getting one or two more higher end pieces via aggregating and just letting dudes like knect and Christie get run is still probably the best path

Or shoot higher with dhs and knect for a bigger play

Idk. There is a path, but waiting so long will make it harder to execute

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

They need the right moves

And overvaluing decent roles players is not helping

Getting one or two more higher end pieces via aggregating and just letting dudes like knect and Christie get run is still probably the best path

Or shoot higher with dhs and knect for a bigger play

Idk. There is a path, but waiting so long will make it harder to execute
If they want to start with the rebuild this is the way to go. That is the problem. They are stuck in between playing younger guys for playing time or trading for another 3rd option. At this point, with limited assets the way to go is to play the younger guys.

What I am saying is they have been right on the line of clear contenders for years now. You can't make a move for another higher end piece now but years ago maybe so.