• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question I have is: How many more wins are the Lakers going to accrue with bringing in DeRozan, Grant, and maybe Sexton or a combination thereof while losing DRuss, possibly Hachimura, Vincent, Reddish, and maybe Vanderbilt??

Seems to me, the improvement may be what 3-6 games max. All those gyrations for what? To get older and to spend more money and possibly lose more draft capital?? Why not keep what you have and continue to build from there??

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t remember.

But if you are going to claim that I said it?

Then find the proof.
I said at time I wasn't sure and asked you if you said it. since you don't even deny saying it no need to find the proof.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question I have is: How many more wins are the Lakers going to accrue with bringing in DeRozan, Grant, and maybe Sexton or a combination thereof while losing DRuss, possibly Hachimura, Vincent, Reddish, and maybe Vanderbilt??

Seems to me, the improvement may be what 3-6 games max. All those gyrations for what? To get older and to spend more money and possibly lose more draft capital?? Why not keep what you have and continue to build from there??
Redick is going to have them shooting more treys. Change in offensive philosophy.

We were top 10 in 3 % but 24th and 28th in makes and attempts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was expected to be resigned....that was mentioned when they declined his option.

He averaged 11ppg and 4.3rpg last season so not a Giannis situation.

LOL.
He is an intimidator. A replaceable, backup. $11M...it's whatever. That is chump change these days

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we saw this with Klay and potentially DRuss and the false story of a reunion with the Nets. The whole affair is pointless. The Lakers are missing an opportunity to take what they have and to keep building. Making trades for what seems to be just to make trades is pointless and detrimental in the long run.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redick is going to have them shooting more treys. Change in offensive philosophy.

We were top 10 in 3 % but 24th and 28th in makes and attempts.
And how is bringing in DeRozan going to improve that and what difference is that trade going to make in improving W-L's and getting to say the WCF??

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idk

You have your top 2 stars

Now you can get real meaningful depth

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY point DJ is the Lakers have a decent solid base to keep building with. Getting Knecht at 17 was a steal and then securing the James familee was also a good step in the short and long-term. Bringing in DeRozan and trying to move DRuss to me seems counterproductive in the long run. Who is to say DRuss is going to continue to not show-up in the playoffs. If we are going to be shooting more threes, would you not want to keep DRuss who opted-in to play under Redick and whose 3-pt shooting improved dramatically last year?

If DRuss buys in as he has indicated, he could just as easily develop into a decent defensive player and maybe even show-up for the playoffs. If he doesn't make good on his promises, then as has already been state, he could be moved in February when maybe interest in him increases.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how is bringing in DeRozan going to improve that and what difference is that trade going to make in improving W-L's and getting to say the WCF??
Yeah.

Derozan doesn’t help there.

Signing him would just be about salvaging the off-season .

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY point DJ is the Lakers have a decent solid base to keep building with. Getting Knecht at 17 was a steal and then securing the James familee was also a good step in the short and long-term. Bringing in DeRozan and trying to move DRuss to me seems counterproductive in the long run. Who is to say DRuss is going to continue to not show-up in the playoffs. If we are going to be shooting more threes, would you not want to keep DRuss who opted-in to play under Redick and whose 3-pt shooting improved dramatically last year?

If DRuss buys in as he has indicated, he could just as easily develop into a decent defensive player and maybe even show-up for the playoffs. If he doesn't make good on his promises, then as has already been state, he could be moved in February when maybe interest in him increases.

Long run?

Dlo gone after this year

Your best bet was to get Paul to take less money to sign the mle rather than what the spurs gave him

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but don't laugh yet because now he might ask to be moved because we are rebuilding down the road.....apparently.
Mitchell is an ancient 26....and Mobley Garland and Allen are old grizzled vets. I just am dreading the inevitable Mobley retirement rumors.....rebuild imminent. lol.