• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Lions season thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why sign Greg Joseph now? Bates did not miss m, and even if he had I am not sure he is worse than Joseph.
I assume as just a vet backup. Joseph is still capable and probably can lend some insight for Bates too. A nice PS stash IMO.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Reader will be active this week, but Davenport is already hurt.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Reader will be active this week, but Davenport is already hurt.
Lots of injuries already. Isaiah Williams is already out. Somebody clear out Andre Fluellens locker for Tom Kennedy.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Tim Patrick is called up.

Also when asked about player needing to step up without Davenport Campbell named every player except Houston, seems like they are out in him.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't watch it.. so what happened? Was Goff as bad as the stats indicate?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't watch it.. so what happened? Was Goff as bad as the stats indicate?
He sucked. Could have won if he didnt throw a ball away for an INT. It was a rookie type decision. 2nd and long throw it away down the middle for an easy INT. Would have been a FG < 50 yards. had 1 more chance for FGs late but since we needed a TD by then. Missed lots of passes and seemed weak and out of shape.

Also, the supposed Geniuses offense sucked donkey balls. Bad play calling most of the day. Over and over. Right to the end with a 6yard pass on 4th and 8. Way to dependent of 4th downs. We also had a ST penalty at the end of the 1st half that caused the clock to be run out instead of being able to kick an easy FG.

Defense played decent except for a few plays where they let the QB escape and one blown coverage for a TD.

2 stinkers in a row. We are lucky to be 1-1.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
elmo count GIF by Sesame Street
I,m old as fuck. I recall first time he showed up on SS.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sucked. Could have won if he didnt throw a ball away for an INT. It was a rookie type decision. 2nd and long throw it away down the middle for an easy INT. Would have been a FG < 50 yards. had 1 more chance for FGs late but since we needed a TD by then. Missed lots of passes and seemed weak and out of shape.

Also, the supposed Geniuses offense sucked donkey balls. Bad play calling most of the day. Over and over. Right to the end with a 6yard pass on 4th and 8. Way to dependent of 4th downs. We also had a ST penalty at the end of the 1st half that caused the clock to be run out instead of being able to kick an easy FG.

Defense played decent except for a few plays where they let the QB escape and one blown coverage for a TD.

2 stinkers in a row. We are lucky to be 1-1.

Thanks. I was trying to follow the ESPN play by play and wondered what happened at the end of the half when they were inside the 10 and failed to score. The play by play didn't explain. What a mess.. a fg would have won it at the end.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I was trying to follow the ESPN play by play and wondered what happened at the end of the half when they were inside the 10 and failed to score. The play by play didn't explain. What a mess.. a fg would have won it at the end.
The offense threw it across the middle of the field with like 10 seconds left to play and no timeouts. Offense ran up and spiked the ball to stop the clock. Also the FG team decided to run unto the field to try the FG. They would have never had time to line up and snap the ball. But they did have time to get onto the field as the offense was spiking it to stop the clock. Penalty for 12 men on the field, but it was really about 18-20. That penalty is also a 10 second run off. So the half was just over.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also they fake punted from their own like 15 yard line. It worked, but thats an overagreesive game losing kind of move. But then from the opposing teams 40 yard line we punted. That's why we signed a kicker with a big leg I thought. Try the 58 harder. Or just straight up go for it. That's a situation where you can afford to be aggressive imo.

Then Hutchinson was once again destroying a backup tackle like last week. But they kept flipping him to line up against Tristan Whirfs who's amongst the best in the league.

These coaches so badly want to outsmart everyone that they're not happy just winning.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also they fake punted from their own like 15 yard line. It worked, but thats an overagreesive game losing kind of move. But then from the opposing teams 40 yard line we punted. That's why we signed a kicker with a big leg I thought. Try the 58 harder. Or just straight up go for it. That's a situation where you can afford to be aggressive imo.

Then Hutchinson was once again destroying a backup tackle like last week. But they kept flipping him to line up against Tristan Whirfs who's amongst the best in the league.

These coaches so badly want to outsmart everyone that they're not happy just winning.
Some really bad decisions. Our coaching needs to improve for sure or we will just be a winning team that has no shot at a SB.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some really bad decisions. Our coaching needs to improve for sure or we will just be a winning team that has no shot at a SB.

If the Lions didn't get that gimmicky fake punt inside their own 20, TB would've won by possibly 2 scores. Horrible game by the staff today

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fake punt from our own 20 honestly pissed me off.

We play the opposite of smart football.
That entire game was the opposite of smart football.

I am actually encouraged the game was that close at the end with how often we shot ourselves in the foot.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense threw it across the middle of the field with like 10 seconds left to play and no timeouts. Offense ran up and spiked the ball to stop the clock. Also the FG team decided to run unto the field to try the FG. They would have never had time to line up and snap the ball. But they did have time to get onto the field as the offense was spiking it to stop the clock. Penalty for 12 men on the field, but it was really about 18-20. That penalty is also a 10 second run off. So the half was just over.

Based on Campbell's post games mea culpa on the situation, I'm guessing what happened was he mistakenly called out for the field goal unit, thinking it was 4th down instead of 3rd, or thinking they still had a timeout. The offense knew what it was doing and stayed on the field to kill the clock.

But in the first place, what on earth was Goff doing throwing that dump off pass in the middle of the field with 15 seconds left? What was that going to accomplish? Very dumb. I blame him just as much.

Last edited: