• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free Agency Discussion

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, kinda happy the Broncos didn't bring in a bridge vet. We already have a bridge QB in Stidham so no reason to waste any of our very few draft resources on a guy like Howell and I wouldn't waste a 7th rounder on Wilson either. Fields is still out there, but I just don't see him fitting any better with Payton than Russ did.

That is why I liked Howell. I like him enough where he may not be a bridge QB. He has upside.. I also didn't want to give up anything big to find out. I am just saying if he was cheap I would have been interested as Howell is only going into year 2 and I really liked him in college and he showed signs last year but finished bad on a bad team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin White- Eagles
Curtis Samuel- Bills
Trent Sherfield- Vikings
Aj Dillon- Re-signed
Poona Ford- Chargers
Tyrel Dodson- Seahawks

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't straight up for a 3rd. It was double pick swaps.
I just don’t think it would’ve been smart to give up a 3rd and 5th(even if we got a 4th and 6th back) for a guy who likely would’ve been a backup.

Denver has picks 12 and 76, making that trade we lose 76 and move down to 102. Just doesn’t seem worth it unless they really believed Howell is their QBOTF.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t think it would’ve been smart to give up a 3rd and 5th(even if we got a 4th and 6th back) for a guy who likely would’ve been a backup.

Denver has picks 12 and 76, making that trade we lose 76 and move down to 102. Just doesn’t seem worth it unless they really believed Howell is their QBOTF.

Oh I agree. It would have had to be a day 3 pick to me even with the swap.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollywood Brown - (Chiefs, not official yet but close)
Cedrick Wilson- Saints
Keenan Allen- Traded to Bears
Chris Moore- Cardinals

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind taking a look at Fields for a later pick

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind taking a look at Fields for a later pick
I think that would be a waste. We already got rid of Russell Wilson because he didn’t fit in Payton’s Offense, we don’t need the exact same player just faster at this point in his career.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that would be a waste. We already got rid of Russell Wilson because he didn’t fit in Payton’s Offense, we don’t need the exact same player just faster at this point in his career.

Fields is almost half a foot taller than Russ and stronger ... Russ' game has always been going off script - the opposite of what Sean Payton had in Brees

Fields has shown he can throw the deeps slants and throw between the hashes, and the fact that he has shown so much athleticism and and escape ability is, IMHO, as much a testament to the lackluster coaching and poor OL Chicago has put out there for him than the type of QB he is ...

FWIW, Fields has one of the highest Wonderlic scores in the history of the NFL ... You can toss a lot of low scores out, there have been good QBs with middling scores, however, getting a super high score is no fluke and should be taken into consideration

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is almost half a foot taller than Russ and stronger ... Russ' game has always been going off script - the opposite of what Sean Payton had in Brees

Fields has shown he can throw the deeps slants and throw between the hashes, and the fact that he has shown so much athleticism and and escape ability is, IMHO, as much a testament to the lackluster coaching and poor OL Chicago has put out there for him than the type of QB he is ...

FWIW, Fields has one of the highest Wonderlic scores in the history of the NFL ... You can toss a lot of low scores out, there have been good QBs with middling scores, however, getting a super high score is no fluke and should be taken into consideration
I’m not saying he’s not talented, he just isn’t a very good NFL quarterback when you break it down.

Attachments

• IMG_3854.jpeg
    IMG_3854.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3855.jpeg
    IMG_3855.jpeg
    530.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3856.jpeg
    IMG_3856.jpeg
    378.9 KB · Views: 1

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying he’s not talented, he just isn’t a very good NFL quarterback when you break it down.
I don't know that he will become "great", but the situation in Chicago with a lack of weapons certainly didn't help him succeed in any way. Could Payton use him effectively as he did Taysom Hill? I don't know, but I'd take that over current options. I know that I'd prefer trying that over Stidham as a starter.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that he will become "great", but the situation in Chicago with a lack of weapons certainly didn't help him succeed in any way. Could Payton use him effectively as he did Taysom Hill? I don't know, but I'd take that over current options. I know that I'd prefer trying that over Stidham as a starter.
If we could get sign him as a FA, sure.

If we have to give up draft picks in a year we don’t have many and have so many other needs for a guy who could potentially be average for us, not worth it.

That 3rd or 4th(or both) we have to give up to trade for him could be used to bolster the O-Line or D-Line. Or draft a new ILB to replace Jewel.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s how I feel too. I’d certainly rather have Fields than Z Wilson or S Darnold too. He’s still young and seemingly wants to succeed.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings swap picks and add another first rounder from Texans

Now pick 11 and 23.

I look for them to package the picks and move up to 7 or so with the Titans. Titans have a lot of needs and would love to add an OT and CB of value in those areas.

Will say it again. We aren't getting one of the top 4 QB's.... BPA at 12 won't be QB... So I am looking at BPA or trade down involving Nix or maybe there is some QB this team REALLY loves they think teams are sleeping on.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers sign K'Lavon Chiasson. Guy I was really high on coming out but hasn't turned out.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings swap picks and add another first rounder from Texans

Now pick 11 and 23.

I look for them to package the picks and move up to 7 or so with the Titans. Titans have a lot of needs and would love to add an OT and CB of value in those areas.

Will say it again. We aren't getting one of the top 4 QB's.... BPA at 12 won't be QB... So I am looking at BPA or trade down involving Nix or maybe there is some QB this team REALLY loves they think teams are sleeping on.
Now I'm confused - you don't see Nix as a top 4 QB?