• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free Agency Discussion

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it is worth, I think Nix might end up being our guy but he will be the 5th QB selected.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A certified - Sean Payton hand me down.

Great blocker but we have enough blocking TE's... Adkins is cheaper, younger and can block his little guts out.

Speaking of TE.

I see Dulcich as nothing more then a bonus this year if he stays healthy.

Guy I am sorta excited about is Lucas Krull. Wanna see how he develops.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great blocker but we have enough blocking TE's... Adkins is cheaper, younger and can block his little guts out.

Speaking of TE.

I see Dulcich as nothing more then a bonus this year if he stays healthy.

Guy I am sorta excited about is Lucas Krull. Wanna see how he develops.
Nice situation - Krull is ready.

Yosemite Sam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bronco fans, 49ers content creators are talking like there is one big move left to free agency, and it mostly centers on two Bronco DBs: Justin Simmons and Partick Surtain. It makes me wonder, what is going on there in Denver? What is Sean Payton thinking? Is this all because of Russell Wilson's dead cap space? This is crazy that Payton wouldn't want to build around these two talents.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bronco fans, 49ers content creators are talking like there is one big move left to free agency, and it mostly centers on two Bronco DBs: Justin Simmons and Partick Surtain. It makes me wonder, what is going on there in Denver? What is Sean Payton thinking? Is this all because of Russell Wilson's dead cap space? This is crazy that Payton wouldn't want to build around these two talents.
The theory that makes sense to me - is that the Broncos are going to take as much of the Wilson hit this year - and next year they will be $100 million below the cap. So, set up the guts of this team this year - perhaps get the rookie QB they want - and next year - buy what remains to head for the Super Bowl.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patrick Surtain is going nowhere but obviously Simmons is and it has to do with the cap. Not Payton's fault.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G to the Rams

What's left in the veteran QB pool?

Tannehill?

At this point, it's starting to feel like they're gonna roll with Stidham, DeNuci and a rookie.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Fields to Pittsburgh for a 2025 conditional 6th

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A future conditional 6th round pick? Wow! I can't believe the Broncos weren't able to offer something along those lines. Fields' stock dropped so low and the Bears got fleeced.

It is a future because if he starts a certain amount of games they get a 4th... So Bears are smarter to do a future pick in this case.

Broncos clearly don't want Fields and that is ok..

They have a plan. (We think)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a future because if he starts a certain amount of games they get a 4th... So Bears are smarter to do a future pick in this case.

Broncos clearly don't want Fields and that is ok..

They have a plan. (We think)

I'm sure they have a plan but they might be a little nervous about the Giants, Vikings or Raiders spoiling their soup.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they have a plan but they might be a little nervous about the Giants, Vikings or Raiders spoiling their soup.

That's why I say they have a plan.

They can't be counting on one of the top 4... They have to have a plan beyond that. A full out plan, not just a Plan A.