• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been completely oblivious to any information about the upcoming draft but I realized that is going to be soon so I thought it was time to start talking about it.

I'm not real knowledgeable about the best collegiate and high school players so I just went on mlb.com to see what they have posted. Found this mock draft, where they have the Giants picking 2 way high school player Cam Caminiti. And in case you are wondering, yes he is Ken Caminiti's son.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been completely oblivious to any information about the upcoming draft but I realized that is going to be soon so I thought it was time to start talking about it.

I'm not real knowledgeable about the best collegiate and high school players so I just went on mlb.com to see what they have posted. Found this mock draft, where they have the Giants picking 2 way high school player Cam Caminiti. And in case you are wondering, yes he is Ken Caminiti's son.

I haven’t read the article (yet), but I was VERY critical of the team drafting 2-way kids the last couple years, and so far, those picks have looked to be big winners (early, of course, but Crawford and Eldridge both look very promising). Not sure I trust nepo-picks, but they do work out occasionally (Bonds, Griffey, Witt…) I guess, so…

I have not read a single word about the draft this year. I used to get so excited for the draft. Not so much anymore…

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t read the article (yet), but I was VERY critical of the team drafting 2-way kids the last couple years, and so far, those picks have looked to be big winners (early, of course, but Crawford and Eldridge both look very promising). Not sure I trust nepo-picks, but they do work out occasionally (Bonds, Griffey, Witt…) I guess, so…

I have not read a single word about the draft this year. I used to get so excited for the draft. Not so much anymore…
I think this reflects the board as a whole. Of course, we lost some guys who were big draft nerds.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this reflects the board as a whole. Of course, we lost some guys who were big draft nerds.
Yeah. Losing sfgrtb was a big loss for the board. I still wonder what happened to him.