• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do the Eagles have at running back when Barkley gets hurt?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do the Eagles have at running back when Barkley gets hurt?
Kenneth Gainwell. It doesn’t matter. RB is a plug and play position when you have an elite OL and the best OL coach in the game.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenneth Gainwell. It doesn’t matter. RB is a plug and play position when you have an elite OL and the best OL coach in the game.

Oh, I know. The Eagles have the best everything; front office, coaches, players. It just makes one wonder why they imploded last year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if anybody tells you definitively what the Eagles are they’re either a homer or a hater.

The Eagles have three huge questions.
1. Who is Jalen Hurts? Is he the 2021 and 2023 guy or the 2022 guy.
2. Who is Nick Sirriani and will the difference in coordinators make a difference this year?
3. What is their pass rush? It was mediocre last year and they lost their best pass rusher.

I have them at 9-8 and I think Sirianni is fired at season’s end. That’s nothing more than a guess. I don’t feel confident in the answers to those three questions above.
1. I do believe Hurts gets back on track with better OC.
2. Nicky is a pom pom waiving fan like us. He's more interested in yelling about other coaches than keeping his house clean. In other words, he's a shit HC
3. I'm 50/50 if the pass rush improves and hope it does

I'll give the Eagles a 10-7 record but bounced out of the first round again and Nicky is fired on Monday or Tuesday.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha the Lions aren’t dog shit for the first time in 70 years and now they know everything. Hilarious
Why do you always take a single comment and apply it to an entire group? Keep that shit to the politics forum.

He is not wrong about the massive fumble of hiring Patricia, and the Lions are particularly sensitive to that particular douche, they fixed it. Seeing Sirriani's results once the coordinators got poached is a warning of what could easily happen to Campbell. That dude gets his team to buy in, but he needs top-notch coordinators as well.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel sorry for JJ McCarthy. He is going to have to go to New York to face that Giants defense in his debut, with no idea of what he is walking into.

I hope he doesn't get hurt.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel sorry for JJ McCarthy. He is going to have to go to New York to face that Giants defense in his debut, with no idea of what he is walking into.

I hope he doesn't get hurt.

McCarthy won't play in that game unless Sam Darnold absolutely shits himself in training camp. We signed Darnold so that we don't have McCarthy, the youngest QB in the draft, getting beat up in his rookie season and becoming the next Sam Darnold.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy won't play in that game unless Sam Darnold absolutely shits himself in training camp. We signed Darnold so that we don't have McCarthy, the youngest QB in the draft, getting beat up in his rookie season and becoming the next Sam Darnold.
How long do you think it will be before McCarthy takes over at QB? Darnold is dog shit, so if the Vikings want to be competitive this year they’ll have to go with McCarthy before too long.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long do you think it will be before McCarthy takes over at QB? Darnold is dog shit, so if the Vikings want to be competitive this year they’ll have to go with McCarthy before too long.

Darnold hasn't had Justin Jefferson before.

If the Vikings lose to the Giants, we could well start out 0-6. This is likely a rebuilding year. I'd rather not start McCarthy at all if it can be helped. I'm not sure how the coaching staff feels about throwing a rookie to the wolves. But if it goes badly, it will probably be within the first two months.

Cousins and Hunter have a boat load of dead money that comes off the cap next year and that is when the Vikings need to make their move.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold hasn't had Justin Jefferson before.

If the Vikings lose to the Giants, we could well start out 0-6. This is likely a rebuilding year. I'd rather not start McCarthy at all if it can be helped. I'm not sure how the coaching staff feels about throwing a rookie to the wolves. But if it goes badly, it will probably be within the first two months.

Cousins and Hunter have a boat load of dead money that comes off the cap next year and that is when the Vikings need to make their move.
I agree that it’s likely a rebuilding year for the Vikings, although if they had a decent QB they would be a decent team that could contend for the playoffs IMO. However Darnold sucks and I have zero confidence in McCarthy and don’t know if he’s NFL ready. So yeah probably a rebuilding year.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it’s likely a rebuilding year for the Vikings, although if they had a decent QB they would be a decent team that could contend for the playoffs IMO. However Darnold sucks and I have zero confidence in McCarthy and don’t know if he’s NFL ready. So yeah probably a rebuilding year.

Darnold was drafted 6 weeks before his 21st birthday to a shitty team, was then traded to a shittier team and spent a year as a backup.

This is his crossroads. He either has success with the weapons that the Vikings have provided for him or he spends the rest of his career as a backup, like Blaine Gabbert.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold has been consistently mediocre for 6 NFL seasons. He was and is a backup/placeholder. He can play decent football but he's a turnover machine.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold was drafted 6 weeks before his 21st birthday to a shitty team, was then traded to a shittier team and spent a year as a backup.

This is his crossroads. He either has success with the weapons that the Vikings have provided for him or he spends the rest of his career as a backup, like Blaine Gabbert.
A guy that hates Kirk Cousins' game likes Sam Darnold.

:dhd:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfft. Bunch of eagle pussy fans cant even get on the homer train before the season. @Iggloo and @fightinfunbags shouldnt even be given snowballs to throw at Santa Claus after this show of lack of homerism.

Eagles win the NFCE walking away.

The eagles are a top 10 defense. Easily. The fact that they were near the bottom of the league last year just goes to show how much incompetence was in the building on the defense coaching side of things last year. It truly was embarrassing. Vic Fangio instantly fixes that.

They win 10+ games easily. And that is all it will take the win the NFCE as the Giants and Washington arent that good and Dallas is about to take a step backwards.
And they added Fangio....a really good DC.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins defense under Fangio was awful in 2023. 1 player's comment was the NFL likes the updated Fangio defense but no-one likes the 1.0 version. Fangio's last successful coaching stint was in 2018.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins defense under Fangio was awful in 2023. 1 player's comment was the NFL likes the updated Fangio defense but no-one likes the 1.0 version. Fangio's last successful coaching stint was in 2018.
People are hopeful because of the unprofessional job the Eagles got out of the two coordinators from last year who should never have been hired and were over their heads. I tend to agree with them. Fangio isn’t the second coming of Dom Capers or anything here. But the guy is a pro and a coach who knows how to run a defense. You should be able to take that stuff for granted. And then I lived the 2023 Eagles.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are hopeful because of the unprofessional job the Eagles got out of the two coordinators from last year who should never have been hired and were over their heads. I tend to agree with them. Fangio isn’t the second coming of Dom Capers or anything here. But the guy is a pro and a coach who knows how to run a defense. You should be able to take that stuff for granted. And then I lived the 2023 Eagles.
Posters here are assuming he'll be an upgrade. He could be great in 2024, but equally he might not be the person or coach that he was 6 years ago. It's a copy-cat league. People analyse your work, remove the weak parts, and improve upon it. It's tough to stay ahead of the curve. I'm not saying it's a bad hire. Promoting from within hasn't worked out for multiple teams over the last 10 years.