• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys should still be seen as the favorite. More stability there even if they need to work out a few things.

Eagles could very well be better but I see a lot of variability on their defense. Not a lot their proven imo but upside to be great. Their offense seems pretty idiot-proof so if Hurts doesn't turn the ball over then on paper thats a top 5 offense.

Washington and Giants both look a year away. Probably not good for the Giants as they'll lose leadership if they dont make the playoffs, I'm guessing.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys should still be seen as the favorite. More stability there even if they need to work out a few things.

Eagles could very well be better but I see a lot of variability on their defense. Not a lot their proven imo but upside to be great. Their offense seems pretty idiot-proof so if Hurts doesn't turn the ball over then on paper thats a top 5 offense.

Washington and Giants both look a year away. Probably not good for the Giants as they'll lose leadership if they dont make the playoffs, I'm guessing.
The Cowboys didn’t do anything in the off-season really, and their rushing attack and edge rush are big concerns. I think the Eagles are a more talented and deeper team. The Commanders could surprise if Daniels is good. The Giants are going to suck epically IMO, they look like one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys didn’t do anything in the off-season really, and their rushing attack and edge rush are big concerns. I think the Eagles are a more talented and deeper team. The Commanders could surprise if Daniels is good. The Giants are going to suck epically IMO, they look like one of the worst teams in the NFL.
I don't know about the Giants sucking in epic fashion but I think games will get away from them. Their secondary looks notably below average and their QB play will likely be below average. Good coaching, Nabers, Lawrence. In tight games, I could see them being pretty good but I dont see how they come back by 10 down on anyone.

Are the Eagles more talented than the Cowboys on defense?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys would appear very talented in some areas of the defense, like the secondary, less so in others, like interior defensive line and run defense overall.

They may have a better defense than Philly overall, we will have to see. But I'm pretty optimistic that the Eagles defense is going to improve under Vic Fangio, after adding the players we did to the secondary.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL First he posts this.

Haha the Lions aren’t dog shit for the first time in 70 years and now they know everything. Hilarious

And then he agrees with me.

I think if anybody tells you definitively what the Eagles are they’re either a homer or a hater.

The Eagles have three huge questions.
1. Who is Jalen Hurts? Is he the 2021 and 2023 guy or the 2022 guy.
2. Who is Nick Sirriani and will the difference in coordinators make a difference this year?
3. What is their pass rush? It was mediocre last year and they lost their best pass rusher.

I have them at 9-8 and I think Sirianni is fired at season’s end. That’s nothing more than a guess. I don’t feel confident in the answers to those three questions above.

What a sap.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the Giants sucking in epic fashion but I think games will get away from them. Their secondary looks notably below average and their QB play will likely be below average. Good coaching, Nabers, Lawrence. In tight games, I could see them being pretty good but I dont see how they come back by 10 down on anyone.

Are the Eagles more talented than the Cowboys on defense?
The Giants are going to be one of the NFL’s worst teams IMO - their QB situation is a complete disaster, their rushing game is weaker without Saquon, who knows what their receivers will do, they’ve tried to find receivers for a while now and the unit always seems to be in chaos - I think Nabers will be good but they’ll need more from guys like Jalin Hyatt and Wan’Dale Robinson, both of whom have disappointed. Their secondary is trash other than Deonte Banks, they’ll likely get torched. The defensive front 7 looks pretty solid for the G-Men but that’s about it. They are going to suck IMO and will be a contender for the #1 overall pick in 2025.

The Eagles and Cowboys defenses are very similar talent wise I think, I would say the Eagles have a stronger D-Line while the Cowboys have stronger LBs and their secondaries look about the same. I might give a slight edge to the Eagles on D IMO but that’s just me, both teams have some questions with regards to their edge rush.
The Eagles will probably have a better O-Line and a better rushing attack, leading to a more balanced offense - the rushing game is a big concern for Dallas - I think Dak will really have to carry the team. Both the Eagles and Cowboys will need someone to step up at receiver other than their top 2 guys, so that will be interesting.

I give the Eagles an edge right now and think they are division favorites, but that’s just me. It will be fun to watch.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are going to be one of the NFL’s worst teams IMO - their QB situation is a complete disaster, their rushing game is weaker without Saquon, who knows what their receivers will do, they’ve tried to find receivers for a while now and the unit always seems to be in chaos - I think Nabers will be good but they’ll need more from guys like Jalin Hyatt and Wan’Dale Robinson, both of whom have disappointed. Their secondary is trash other than Deonte Banks, they’ll likely get torched. The defensive front 7 looks pretty solid for the G-Men but that’s about it. They are going to suck IMO and will be a contender for the #1 overall pick in 2025.

The Eagles and Cowboys defenses are very similar talent wise I think, I would say the Eagles have a stronger D-Line while the Cowboys have stronger LBs and their secondaries look about the same. I might give a slight edge to the Eagles on D IMO but that’s just me, both teams have some questions with regards to their edge rush.
The Eagles will probably have a better O-Line and a better rushing attack, leading to a more balanced offense - the rushing game is a big concern for Dallas - I think Dak will really have to carry the team. Both the Eagles and Cowboys will need someone to step up at receiver other than their top 2 guys, so that will be interesting.

I give the Eagles an edge right now and think they are division favorites, but that’s just me. It will be fun to watch.
The Giants QB situation shouldn't be a complete disaster but Daniel Jones only had 1 good game last year after being decent in 2022. If he isnt decent then, yeah, they're headed for the basement.

I do think there is a good chance the Giants end up having 5 or 6 really good football players on their team next year. Losing an RB isnt something that matters for a lot of teams. I think there most likely outcome is a 7-10 type of season.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants QB situation shouldn't be a complete disaster but Daniel Jones only had 1 good game last year after being decent in 2022. If he isnt decent then, yeah, they're headed for the basement.

I do think there is a good chance the Giants end up having 5 or 6 really good football players on their team next year. Losing an RB isnt something that matters for a lot of teams. I think there most likely outcome is a 7-10 type of season.
Jones sucks. His best season was in 2022 and he only threw for 3,205 yards in his 16 games - right at 200 yards a game. That’s pretty weak, and that was the most passing yards he’s had in a season. He’s also something of a turnover machine. Jones isn’t capable of being a franchise QB, he was never even impressive in college IMO and I thought the Giants were dumb for drafting him so high, really baffling. The G-Men will be looking for a new QB next year IMO and I think they will have a top 5 overall draft pick. I think losing a strong RB like Saquon will hurt the Giants because their passing attack isn’t any good, and like I say their receiving unit always seems to be in chaos and they don’t have a TE either. I think the Giants won’t top 5 wins this year.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones sucks. His best season was in 2022 and he only threw for 3,205 yards in his 16 games - right at 200 yards a game. That’s pretty weak, and that was the most passing yards he’s had in a season. He’s also something of a turnover machine. Jones isn’t capable of being a franchise QB, he was never even impressive in college IMO and I thought the Giants were dumb for drafting him so high, really baffling. The G-Men will be looking for a new QB next year IMO and I think they will have a top 5 overall draft pick. I think losing a strong RB like Saquon will hurt the Giants because their passing attack isn’t any good, and like I say their receiving unit always seems to be in chaos and they don’t have a TE either. I think the Giants won’t top 5 wins this year.

The Giants will take the Eagles spot in the playoffs. Not the Redskins.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely you’re joking. The Giants have zero chance at the playoffs this season - a ton of holes on that roster.

Nope. Not joking. The Giants have historically been one of those teams that no one saw coming. They get it done this year.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Not joking. The Giants have historically been one of those teams that no one saw coming. They get it done this year.
No offense but that is a completely ridiculous prediction. What makes you think G-Men will make the playoffs? Their roster looks like shit overall.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense but that is a completely ridiculous prediction. What makes you think G-Men will make the playoffs? Their roster looks like shit overall.

I just told you, but you don't want to hear it because it doesn't align with your thinking.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just told you, but you don't want to hear it because it doesn't align with your thinking.
So just because no one is picking them for the playoffs you think they make the playoffs? Good grief that’s backwards thinking.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Jones isn't garbage. He isn't a top 20 QB but that doesn't make him garbage. I think the Giants are better off not spending tag money on a mediocre RB like Barkley. For sure it's a below average roster but it's a 5 or 6 win team unless they get injuries or they totally implode.