• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Jones isn't garbage. He isn't a top 20 QB but that doesn't make him garbage. I think the Giants are better off not spending tag money on a mediocre RB like Barkley. For sure it's a below average roster but it's a 5 or 6 win team unless they get injuries or they totally implode.
Jones is garbage. He’s always been garbage and the Giants were really dumb for taking him in the top 10 of the draft - he was nowhere close to being good enough for a first round pick. An argument can be made he’s the worst starting QB in the NFL - obviously no one knows how the rookies will do, and a lot of the second year guys have room for improvement - it’s clear what Jones is - a subpar at best bust.
Barkley is much better than mediocre - he’s had three 1,000 yard rushing seasons in his 6 seasons - he’s a good RB, I agree the Giants are probably better financially letting him go but he was their best offensive player.
Unless something crazy happens (which is always a possibility) the Giants will suck this year and won’t top 5 wins.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still blame Madden Football and the Stephen A Smith's of the world.

Opinions based on an opinion can be the very worst.
Im pretty sure with Madden I could make Drew Lock, Malik Nabers, and Theo Johnson work. Super Bowl offense right there.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lions are probably the second best team in the NFC behind the Niners - they are pretty loaded - very talented on both sides of the ball and their only real question mark is they need an edge rusher to step up aside from Hutchinson. They almost made the Super Bowl last season and they are definitely Super Bowl contenders going into this season.

I would say the 5 best NFC teams are - Niners, Lions, Rams, Packers and Eagles. That’s pretty clear to me.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lions are probably the second best team in the NFC behind the Niners - they are pretty loaded - very talented on both sides of the ball and their only real question mark is they need an edge rusher to step up aside from Hutchinson. They almost made the Super Bowl last season and they are definitely Super Bowl contenders going into this season.

I would say the 5 best NFC teams are - Niners, Lions, Rams, Packers and Eagles. That’s pretty clear to me.
I,d pick Dallas over the rams.only change I,d make.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I,d pick Dallas over the rams.only change I,d make.
Fair enough - I’m just not high on Dallas after they didn’t do much in the offseason. The Rams look improved on defense actually although the loss of Aaron Donald will obviously hurt but they added in some good pieces and the Rams offense looks really strong. The Cowboys are always kind of unpredictable - they have some really good players but their edge rush and particularly their rushing game are concerns. Also the Cowboys seem to have a huge home field advantage and play much better in Jerry World than on the road.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough - I’m just not high on Dallas after they didn’t do much in the offseason. The Rams look improved on defense actually although the loss of Aaron Donald will obviously hurt but they added in some good pieces and the Rams offense looks really strong. The Cowboys are always kind of unpredictable - they have some really good players but their edge rush and particularly their rushing game are concerns. Also the Cowboys seem to have a huge home field advantage and play much better in Jerry World than on the road.
I would,nt cry if the rams got it over Dallas.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is garbage. He’s always been garbage and the Giants were really dumb for taking him in the top 10 of the draft - he was nowhere close to being good enough for a first round pick. An argument can be made he’s the worst starting QB in the NFL - obviously no one knows how the rookies will do, and a lot of the second year guys have room for improvement - it’s clear what Jones is - a subpar at best bust.
Barkley is much better than mediocre - he’s had three 1,000 yard rushing seasons in his 6 seasons - he’s a good RB, I agree the Giants are probably better financially letting him go but he was their best offensive player.
Unless something crazy happens (which is always a possibility) the Giants will suck this year and won’t top 5 wins.
You're entitled to an opinion. Jones spent 3 NFL seasons staring down receivers which is what caused a lot of his problems. In year 4 he was highly efficient. Pro football reference rated his 2022 season to be better than any of Mayfield's 6 seasons or Carr's 10 seasons. I'd take him above Wilson, Young or for 2024 over any QB currently on the Patriots, Titans, Raiders, Commanders, Vikings or Broncos. He could end up being the #32 starter but right now he's probably somewhere between #22 and #28. If he's anything like the player he was in 2022 the Giants will retain him at $30M for 2025. If he's not they'll move on.

Barkley is a shadow of the player he was in 2018 and 2019. He was always a bottom tier blocker and that has contributed to the Giants problems at QB. He lacks the agility to make defenders miss and he doesn't break tackles. His post 2020 yards per carry, target, and touch tell a sorry story. He's still quick but he's a 1-dimensional player, (like Walker in Seattle), and it's tough to win with that type of player, (outside of fantasy football).

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're entitled to an opinion. Jones spent 3 NFL seasons staring down receivers which is what caused a lot of his problems. In year 4 he was highly efficient. Pro football reference rated his 2022 season to be better than any of Mayfield's 6 seasons or Carr's 10 seasons. I'd take him above Wilson, Young or for 2024 over any QB currently on the Patriots, Titans, Raiders, Commanders, Vikings or Broncos. He could end up being the #32 starter but right now he's probably somewhere between #22 and #28. If he's anything like the player he was in 2022 the Giants will retain him at $30M for 2025. If he's not they'll move on.

Barkley is a shadow of the player he was in 2018 and 2019. He was always a bottom tier blocker and that has contributed to the Giants problems at QB. He lacks the agility to make defenders miss and he doesn't break tackles. His post 2020 yards per carry, target, and touch tell a sorry story. He's still quick but he's a 1-dimensional player, (like Walker in Seattle), and it's tough to win with that type of player, (outside of fantasy football).
Okay we’ll just have to disagree about Jones. I think he’s trash. And I’ll just say I think it’s absurd to say Jones’ 2022 season, where he threw for an average of 200 yards a game and only had 15 passing TDs, is better than anything Mayfield or Carr has done - Mayfield last year had a better season than Jones’ 2022 season, and Carr had a couple of years with the Raiders that were better than that IMO, especially 2021. I don’t know how they rank that stuff but I don’t agree about Jones’ 2022 season being better than anything Mayfield or Carr has done.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay we’ll just have to disagree about Jones. I think he’s trash. And I’ll just say I think it’s absurd to say Jones’ 2022 season, where he threw for an average of 200 yards a game and only had 15 passing TDs, is better than anything Mayfield or Carr has done - Mayfield last year had a better season than Jones’ 2022 season, and Carr had a couple of years with the Raiders that were better than that IMO, especially 2021. I don’t know how they rank that stuff but I don’t agree about Jones’ 2022 season being better than anything Mayfield or Carr has done.
Jones has dominated Washington everytime he,s played them.hopefully that train stops this year.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones has dominated Washington everytime he,s played them.hopefully that train stops this year.
The Commanders have been lousy overall the last few years - haven’t had a stable QB situation for one thing. I think they will be improved this year, obviously you never know how a rookie QB will do but if Daniels is good they should be much better, I like the hire of Dan Quinn.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you include the rushing yards as 100% pass completions, sacks as incomplete passes that lose yards, rushing TDs, fumbles, 1st downs gained, etc, Jones had a very efficient 2022. I'm not a fan of Jones, Mayfield, or Carr. Of the 3 Jones might have the highest ceiling whilst Carr definitely has the highest floor. If they're not near their ceiling it probably doesn't matter which 1 you have. The issue with Jones is that it's 1 good year out of 5.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you include the rushing yards as 100% pass completions, sacks as incomplete passes that lose yards, rushing TDs, fumbles, 1st downs gained, etc, Jones had a very efficient 2022. I'm not a fan of Jones, Mayfield, or Carr. Of the 3 Jones might have the highest ceiling whilst Carr definitely has the highest floor. If they're not near their ceiling it probably doesn't matter which 1 you have. The issue with Jones is that it's 1 good year out of 5.
I actually think Mayfield is pretty good. He carried the Bucs to the playoffs last season despite them having a very weak rushing game - I think the Browns got rid of him too quickly after he had a weak 2021 season in large part due to injuries, and he was just in a terrible situation in 2022.
Carr is just very mediocre overall but he’s had a couple of pretty good years.
Jones is a bust IMO, his 2022 season was decent but I just strongly disagree with saying it was better than any season Mayfield or Carr has had - being able to pass the ball well is the most important job for a QB and Jones threw for only 3,200 yards and 15 TD’s that year.
I’m pretty certain the G-Men will be looking for a new QB in 2025

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Mayfield is pretty good. He carried the Bucs to the playoffs last season despite them having a very weak rushing game - I think the Browns got rid of him too quickly after he had a weak 2021 season in large part due to injuries, and he was just in a terrible situation in 2022.
Carr is just very mediocre overall but he’s had a couple of pretty good years.
Jones is a bust IMO, his 2022 season was decent but I just strongly disagree with saying it was better than any season Mayfield or Carr has had - being able to pass the ball well is the most important job for a QB and Jones threw for only 3,200 yards and 15 TD’s that year.
I’m pretty certain the G-Men will be looking for a new QB in 2025
Mayfield made the playoffs because the Falcons didn't have a QB. I expect Baker to be about the 20th best QB in the league. I do think Drew Lock has about a 30% chance of beating out Jones.

I'm not a Giants fan but I'd imagine the Giants have to be in playoff contention for Jones to keep his job.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would help the Lions out very much if their coach stopped going for dumb 1st downs on 4th down.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just saying Barkley caused Jones to suck. A Barkley hater.