• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posters here are assuming he'll be an upgrade. He could be great in 2024, but equally he might not be the person or coach that he was 6 years ago. It's a copy-cat league. People analyse your work, remove the weak parts, and improve upon it. It's tough to stay ahead of the curve. I'm not saying it's a bad hire. Promoting from within hasn't worked out for multiple teams over the last 10 years.
As I said, all he needs to be is subpar and the “game has passed him by” guy and he’s still going to be an improvement over Desai who was just an unprofessional DC who was propped up to a position he couldn’t handle. Clearly, the Eagles are hoping for better than this low standard. I’m just saying that Desai was that bad.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins defense under Fangio was awful in 2023. 1 player's comment was the NFL likes the updated Fangio defense but no-one likes the 1.0 version. Fangio's last successful coaching stint was in 2018.
Inconsequential compared to the upgrade in play calling experience. The Eagles coordinators were awful last year. Both sides of the ball.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posters here are assuming he'll be an upgrade. He could be great in 2024, but equally he might not be the person or coach that he was 6 years ago. It's a copy-cat league. People analyse your work, remove the weak parts, and improve upon it. It's tough to stay ahead of the curve. I'm not saying it's a bad hire. Promoting from within hasn't worked out for multiple teams over the last 10 years.
The DC was hired from the Bears. Not a promotion.

The head coach's number one job is picking the coordinators and nick failed spectacularly enough to almost get fired a year after going to the Super Bowl.

Fangio has done it before. Doesn't matter if he's still a top 5 defensive mind or not.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy that hates Kirk Cousins' game likes Sam Darnold.

:dhd:

Nice try. I had 6 years of watching Kirk's phoney act. I knew we weren't going anywhere with him. And paying a 27 year old guy 10 million on a one year flier is a lot different than paying a 36 year old guy, coming off an Achilles injury, 40 million per year on a 4 year deal.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try. I had 6 years of watching Kirk's phoney act. I knew we weren't going anywhere with him. And paying a 27 year old guy 10 million on a one year flier is a lot different than paying a 36 year old guy, coming off an Achilles injury, 40 million per year on a 4 year deal.
can not fix stupid

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what will be this years excuse?
A) Head Coach
B) OC
C) QB
D) All the above
If they dont have a top 5 offense it probably should be D.

I'm still looking at defense being at the top of the reasons the Eagles might fail. The offense really should be good with the talent they have.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they dont have a top 5 offense it probably should be D.

I'm still looking at defense being at the top of the reasons the Eagles might fail. The offense really should be good with the talent they have.
you are right with regards to play between the fat lines. I was referring to being a house of cards. Adversity does not seem like this teams strong point.

I have the eagles as the favorite on paper.

can't wait for football

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Darnold is worse than a phony act.

Good job figuring that out.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Darnold is worse than a phony act.

Good job figuring that out.

Let me explain this as clearly as I can. Kirk Cousins is not worth that money or length of his contract at his age. Darnold is on a one year deal at 1/4th the money.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me explain this as clearly as I can. Kirk Cousins is not worth that money or length of his contract at his age. Darnold is on a one year deal at 1/4th the money.
He's not 1/4 the quarterback. He's not 1/10.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, all he needs to be is subpar and the “game has passed him by” guy and he’s still going to be an improvement over Desai who was just an unprofessional DC who was propped up to a position he couldn’t handle. Clearly, the Eagles are hoping for better than this low standard. I’m just saying that Desai was that bad.

Translation:

Big Bang Theory Team GIF

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be any worse than last year

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not 1/4 the quarterback. He's not 1/10.

Even if that's true, we aren't tied down to him long term. The biggest plus on Kirk's original contract was that it was short-term. 3 years. If it works, great. If not, we move on quickly.

But Rick Spielman kept giving him stupid extensions, because he couldn't figure out the QB position to save his life and Kirk was just good enough to keep him from getting fired. Spielman traded a 1st for Sam Bradford and drafted Kellen fucking Mond in the 3rd round. Not to mention the two previous "franchise" QBs he drafted were Christian Ponder and Teddy Bridgewater.

Moving on from Cousins was necessary to get the franchise out of the rut that it was in. Frankly, I don't care if Darnold sucks. I'd rather have him there so we can sign great talent than give all that money to 8-Win Kirk.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what will be this years excuse?
A) Head Coach
B) OC
C) QB
D) All the above
A and C if the eagles have a mediocre 10-7 out in the first round type year. Nicky will get his walking papers either that Monday or Tuesday.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if that's true, we aren't tied down to him long term. The biggest plus on Kirk's original contract was that it was short-term. 3 years. If it works, great. If not, we move on quickly.

But Rick Spielman kept giving him stupid extensions, because he couldn't figure out the QB position to save his life and Kirk was just good enough to keep him from getting fired. Spielman traded a 1st for Sam Bradford and drafted Kellen fucking Mond in the 3rd round. Not to mention the two previous "franchise" QBs he drafted were Christian Ponder and Teddy Bridgewater.
Without Kirk you would have been complete dogshit. You even agree. Lol. Clueless.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Jones isn't garbage. He isn't a top 20 QB but that doesn't make him garbage. I think the Giants are better off not spending tag money on a mediocre RB like Barkley. For sure it's a below average roster but it's a 5 or 6 win team unless they get injuries or they totally implode.

He finally has an actual WR talent to throw to. Maybe that amounts to something...