• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Cowboys in Oxnard

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping the 7th rounder is just a stud. Mazi would be a big miss. That said, if there's one thing this club really can't be faulted for(except last year), it's drafting. Makes it all the more mind boggling that they are haggling with their first team All Pro WR they drafted
I liked what I read about both 7th rounders from day 1 and felt Rogers had a shot to play in a rotation as early as this year. That of course has as much to do with my thoughts about our talent at the position as it does him. fingers Crossed on him. And Mazi too. Maybe one of these days a light bulb goes on or he finds the right weight. Personally I think he needs to be up around 330. It sure seems there was something helping his performance from an athletic perspective. How do you lose over 30lbs and get slower?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what I read about both 7th rounders from day 1 and felt Rogers had a shot to play in a rotation as early as this year. That of course has as much to do with my thoughts about our talent at the position as it does him. fingers Crossed on him. And Mazi too. Maybe one of these days a light bulb goes on or he finds the right weight. Personally I think he needs to be up around 330. It sure seems there was something helping his performance from an athletic perspective. How do you lose over 30lbs and get slower?
Just crazy. They set him back for sure

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping the 7th rounder is just a stud. Mazi would be a big miss. That said, if there's one thing this club really can't be faulted for(except last year), it's drafting. Makes it all the more mind boggling that they are haggling with their first team All Pro WR they drafted
I could really see the 7th rounder getting the snaps because Zimmer wants a fatty at NT. Rogers is bigger. Rogers probably won't be spectacular ,but I think he not going to get mauled. All his job is going to be is to not get moved and occupy a blocker on running downs. This will allow Overshown and Kendricks to make plays. I am pretty sure Rogers is as good as that bum that Zimmer had the last few years he ran the 4-3 in Dallas.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

first few minutes are mostly about Mazi and DL

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you lose over 30lbs and get slower?
Could be mental. He is like in slow motion after the ball is snapped. Always the last lineman to move. I had some reservations when we drafted Mazi. There were some splash plays at Michigan, but not many. He got washed out lots. He seems to lack aggression

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not looking good when it comes to Mazi. Makes you wonder about his dedication to football. The other thing is why is he not 330 pounds already? Seems to me he should have put this weight on by now. I think he got something mental going on. He needs to buy a truckload of Doritos and ask Gregory if he can borrow his bong. It not hard to gain weight.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my first choice because I want Ngakoue, but I'll take him for sure. I don't know why he barely played last year. The year before coming off a major injury he played pretty well. Then pretty much nothing. With our lack of depth, one would assume he would get a lot of snaps here.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that the rookie is more advanced on his technique than Mazi is pretty alarming. It's not just the physical, it's the mental and the skill set as well. I like that they are coaching him up but I would do the opposite. Make Rogers the 1st team NT and tell Mazi to get his ass in gear or get cut and see if that lights a fire.
I also heard Bryan talking about Clark having a lights out camp so far at LB. With EK, Clark, , Overshown and Liufau the LB room will be much better and allow Micah to stay on edge more with Williams out

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I hear about Mazi the more I fear my opinion of him based on last year was accurate. I just can’t shake the Trysten Hill thoughts. Now hearing the rookie 7th rounder is already outplaying him In camp. Just seems too plodding with no ability to get lateral or upfield to play the 3 and too weak and with poor leverage and gets pushed around too much to play NT. I am rooting so hard to be wrong on him.
Me too. Rooting hard but as of now, low expectations from his ass.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have draf6ed duds early so I won't pat too hard on their back. Taco and trystin way too high for what we got.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is still time for Mazi.
we'll see over the next 4 weeks.
Pads just came on so will definitely learn more now and in the preseason games.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S

Not surprising.. I have no idea who these two are.
All you need to know is they are two players who were willing to sign for the veteran minimum., At this point we should just not even invite guys for a visit until we tell them that is all we will pay. Someday this team will understand that in general and with some exceptions of course, you get what you pay for.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you need to know is they are two players who were willing to sign for the veteran minimum., At this point we should just not even invite guys for a visit until we tell them that is all we will pay. Someday this team will understand that in general and with some exceptions of course, you get what you pay for.

You are spot on. There are a couple of guys sitting there in Lawson and Ngakoue that could come in and give you what you lost in Williams and instead we take a couple of scrubs who will accept peanuts. This entire offseason has been a joke. Jerry and Stephen are smiling all the way to the bank

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything about Lance has been so negative and disappointing, so here is a great throw

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything about Lance has been so negative and disappointing, so here is a great throw

Talent isn't an issue, its all between the ears. They have said he will get 75% of the snaps in the preseason and I think how well he plays or doesn't play will go a long way in determining if the Cowboys meet Dak's demands before the season starts

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Clark is a guy who could take a big step forward. He was just not good enough last year but I think there were a lot of reasons for that. The one caution I have on his TC accolades is that he is the type of guy who will always excel with no pads on. His issue is getting off blocks, being strong against blocks and holding his ground, picking the right holes while moving forward, not falling for misdirection and knowing his assignments. I also think playing as the only real LBer on the field was bad for him as he received too much attention from the OL and he struggled while engaged. With someone else as the Mike I think he can do more of what he does well and I think he has had enough splash plays to expect that if he can figure out the mental side of the game that he will be a good LBer and fulfill some of the expectations he had pre-injury. It will be very interesting to see the lateral speed with both he and Overshown on the filed at the same time.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Clark is a guy who could take a big step forward. He was just not good enough last year but I think there were a lot of reasons for that. The one caution I have on his TC accolades is that he is the type of guy who will always excel with no pads on. His issue is getting off blocks, being strong against blocks and holding his ground, picking the right holes while moving forward, not falling for misdirection and knowing his assignments. I also think playing as the only real LBer on the field was bad for him as he received too much attention from the OL and he struggled while engaged. With someone else as the Mike I think he can do more of what he does well and I think he has had enough splash plays to expect that if he can figure out the mental side of the game that he will be a good LBer and fulfill some of the expectations he had pre-injury. It will be very interesting to see the lateral speed with both he and Overshown on the filed at the same time.
All of the LB's have been getting positive reviews but Clark sounds like he has been the standout so far. This should be the most improved unit on the field and I think it will make Rogers more attractive at NT for them as a space eater to free those guys up