• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Cowboys in Oxnard

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons said all the right things today at his camp media session.
If you differentiate between football field Micah and social media Micah, he usually does

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you differentiate between football field Micah and social media Micah, he usually does
Yes but for me saying he has spoken with Zim and is... (lol) all in with Zim's vision of his role within this defense.

AND

He was perfect with the wanting to live in Dallas like Emmitt & Irvin...remaining part of the community stuff.."THE RIGHT WAY"

Hit all the points about future salary. Young man was good.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but for me saying he has spoken with Zim and is... (lol) all in with Zim's vision of his role within this defense.

AND

He was perfect with the wanting to live in Dallas like Emmitt & Irvin...remaining part of the community stuff.."THE RIGHT WAY"

Understood. I didn't hear the specific interview so I will go find it at some point today. I was speaking more in generalities. Personally I have zero concerns about Micah's desire to win. His face and effort every play on the field tells me all I need to know - would like to see him not crash down so hard and trust the system more but that should have been forced by the coaches. I do, however, really really really wish he would limit the SM and pod casts because it drives me crazy listening to what he says there even if taken out of context.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood. I didn't hear the specific interview so I will go find it at some point today. I was speaking more in generalities. Personally I have zero concerns about Micah's desire to win. His face and effort every play on the field tells me all I need to know - would like to see him not crash down so hard and trust the system more but that should have been forced by the coaches. I do, however, really really really wish he would limit the SM and pod casts because it drives me crazy listening to what he says there even if taken out of context.
listen to it when you get a chance. It was good.

He also had interesting stuff about being game planed at times. That smells of time with Zim.
Maybe not but I found it interesting when you consider Love told him when GB saw a DB lined up behind him at end (Bell) they ran right at him. It seems pretty obvious football 101 to me. This IMO was more the issue than Parsons being worn down.

Quinn is a great players coach and did all he could here. Not worried long term with him in Washington.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AND

It going to be real interesting to see what Zimmer has planned for Parsons. I am hoping he is moved all over the line and let him play some linebacker. They need to put Parsons in position to use that speed more. Parsons fits Zimmer's scheme as a blitzing line backer. I am not saying playing entire games at LB of course.

Parsons is much easier to "hold" and game plan for if he is lined up on the edge full time. That crazy bowl game highlight tape of Parsons blitzing and wrecking a game as a line backer is what I want to see from time to time.

Zimmer IMO has to be real happy with this roster. He has a lot of great players on this defense. A lot of these players ,especially in the secondary, fit what Zimmer does. I argue this is the most complete secondary he has ever had. Two ball hawking All Pro corners. These safeties may not be All Pros, but they are damn good. Thomas could have a huge role. Thomas should have got way more snaps last season. He was balling. I still can't believe Thomas was not drafted.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Dak in the first half against Green Bay. Only a lot younger and cheaper.
Or I can post some first day of practice for Dak at 24 when he was clanking balls all over the place. The difference is, with Lance_or a drafted QB....next year we wouldn't be starting Rico Dowdle at RB and praying 2 rookies can be solid starters on the OL this year

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Dak in the first half against Green Bay. Only a lot younger and cheaper.
Or I can post some first day of practice for Dak at 24 when he was clanking balls all over the place. The difference is, with Lance_or a drafted QB....next year we wouldn't be starting Rico Dowdle at RB and praying 2 rookies can be solid starters on the OL this year
Or........... we can draft a RB in the draft next year, instead of the QB. They are much easier to hit on in the draft than QB. :becky:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or........... we can draft a RB in the draft next year, instead of the QB. They are much easier to hit on in the draft than QB. :becky:
We will be drafting a lot of things after committing half our cap space to 3 guys. I would keep Lamb and Micah, who are both better players but will still cost $20M a year leads than Dak. Each. I know you want to keep Dak. Which one of the other two do you part ways with, Lamb or Parsons? And are you really gonna sit there and tell me, that paying a 31 year old Dak $56M+ per year from now till he is 35, and them losing one of those two, that this team will ever have a shot at a Super Bowl the next 5 years? I think ZERO shot. I do think spending Dak's money on several other positions plus still drafting well will give us a team a young QB can win with. Kike SF today. And like Dak when he walked into an offense with 3 HOF caliber OL and the best RB in football

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be drafting a lot of things after committing half our cap space to 3 guys. I would keep Lamb and Micah, who are both better players but will still cost $20M a year leads than Dak. Each. I know you want to keep Dak. Which one of the other two do you part ways with, Lamb or Parsons? And are you really gonna sit there and tell me, that paying a 31 year old Dak $56M+ per year from now till he is 35, and them losing one of those two, that this team will ever have a shot at a Super Bowl the next 5 years? I think ZERO shot. I do think spending Dak's money on several other positions plus still drafting well will give us a team a young QB can win with. Kike SF today. And like Dak when he walked into an offense with 3 HOF caliber OL and the best RB in football
Brother I know we have a difference of opinion on Dak. I have stayed out of all your dak convos. we been there.
Was just having fun with the RB comment. (thus the grin) Us starting Dowdle is a Cowboys fault. Not a Dak fault. Many quality RBs were signed for small amount of commitment. But back to my comment. RB as volatile as the position is. We should be drafting one just about every draft IMO. Just like Trench players.
Unlike Lineman, QBs & other positions. RBs have a very short shelf life on an original team.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brother I know we have a difference of opinion on Dak. I have stayed out of all your dak convos. we been there.
Was just having fun with the RB comment. (thus the grin) Us starting Dowdle is a Cowboys fault. Not a Dak fault. Many quality RBs were signed for small amount of commitment. But back to my comment. RB as volatile as the position is. We should be drafting one just about every draft IMO. Just like Trench players.
Unlike Lineman, QBs & other positions. RBs have a very short shelf life on an original team.
Not mad Bro. As I've said, for the predicament the Cowboys are in I blame Jerry 1000% and Dak zero. He deserves the money he wants as does Lamb and Parsons. The Cowboys have created this mess and I'm not sure what their endgame is, other than incompetence. Dak is a good player and in today's market he deserves $55M. My only objection to giving him that is there are slim to none instances where a team paid a 31 year old QB who is not an undisputed HOF the most money of any player in NFL history and gone to the Super Bowl after. Dak without question makes us better the next few years but he isn't winning a Super Bowl with less talent instead of more. That's my only problem

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make sense. This FO will screw it up no matter who they sign or don't sign though. It's what they do. Any other FO would have signed Lamb by now. Instead these dipchits let the player hold out so he not getting practice reps.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make sense. This FO will screw it up no matter who they sign or don't sign though. It's what they do. Any other FO would have signed Lamb by now. Instead these dipchits let the player hold out so he not getting practice reps.
What Jerry said the other day is brain dead. Lamb was first team All Pro last year for Goodness sake. He's 25 years old. What the Hell else do you need to know

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably shouldn't read the camp updates about Lance if you are going to be sensitive about them or feel the need to defend them.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably shouldn't read the camp updates about Lance if you are going to be sensitive about them or feel the need to defend them.
Defend what? It's was the first practice LMAO. I think the kid is gonna be fine. I'm at least willing to give him till the end of preseason. How do you defend $56M for Dak after the Green Bay game? Run that first half stat line back. I'll give you one. 27-0. At home

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defend what? It's was the first practice LMAO. I think the kid is gonna be fine. I'm at least willing to give him till the end of preseason. How do you defend $56M for Dak after the Green Bay game? Run that first half stat line back. I'll give you one. 27-0. At home
Exactly. A meaningless practice, which is why I was wondering why you felt the need to defend him and attack Dak. You sound like the Political board defending their guy by attacking the other. Everyone is giving Lance at least the preseason, so again, not sure what you are talking about. Lastly, when did I defend giving Dak $56M (which he hasn't even got)?I've said over and over I wouldn't extend him this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. A meaningless practice, which is why I was wondering why you felt the need to defend him and attack Dak. You sound like the Political board defending their guy by attacking the other. Everyone is giving Lance at least the preseason, so again, not sure what you are talking about. Lastly, when did I defend giving Dak $56M (which he hasn't even got)?I've said over and over I wouldn't extend him this year.
Whatever dude. You said I should listen to insider reports LMAO. Keep ripping the kid, he will be fine

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Trey a They/Them? or did you mean to say him? Or is he sensitive about multiple people?
Now I am confused :pout:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever dude. You said I should listen to insider reports LMAO. Keep ripping the kid, he will be fine
What insider reports did I say you should listen to?