• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Cowboys in Oxnard

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Clark will start. The battle for starting LB is between Overshown and the ND backer.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Clark will start. The battle for starting LB is between Overshown and the ND backer.
I think definitely the case with Clark starting. The real question (since we haven't seen ether of them in a real NFL game) is whether or not one of those other two will start and if they do, will they still be starting by the end of the year. Hopefully one plays well enough to do so. I expect Overshown gets the first crack with the rookie seeing some nickel snaps. However, I also think it is possible Micah "starts" (ie plays some run downs there) at LBer this year which means Micah, Kendricks and Clark possibly starting. I'd guess Micah probably plays 20% of his 1st and 2nd down snaps as a LBer.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Clark is a guy who could take a big step forward. He was just not good enough last year but I think there were a lot of reasons for that. The one caution I have on his TC accolades is that he is the type of guy who will always excel with no pads on. His issue is getting off blocks, being strong against blocks and holding his ground, picking the right holes while moving forward, not falling for misdirection and knowing his assignments. I also think playing as the only real LBer on the field was bad for him as he received too much attention from the OL and he struggled while engaged. With someone else as the Mike I think he can do more of what he does well and I think he has had enough splash plays to expect that if he can figure out the mental side of the game that he will be a good LBer and fulfill some of the expectations he had pre-injury. It will be very interesting to see the lateral speed with both he and Overshown on the filed at the same time.
Sean Lee back to helping Cowboys does my heart good!
The guy had such great instincts. Dont know if that can be taught, but I hope so!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Lee back to helping Cowboys does my heart good!
The guy had such great instincts. Dont know if that can be taught, but I hope so!
now days mostly in the hood where their told to go outside and play.

this shit ain't on Madden

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is still time for Mazi.
we'll see over the next 4 weeks.
While the Cowboys were resting on Thursday, defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer used part of his media availability to touch on what he’s seen from Mazi Smith so far. Zimmer specifically referenced reports from some that Smith hasn’t looked great this year and offered his strong disagreement, going on to praise the first round pick from a year ago.
It must have put a smile on Zimmer’s face to see Smith go out on the field Friday and show out the way he did. Smith has looked noticeably bigger this year, putting back on the weight he held in college, and some have also noted his quicker burst off the line of scrimmage.

In team drills on Friday, Smith looked to be constantly wreaking havoc in the middle of the defensive line, clogging holes against run plays with ease.

tomorrow is another day, but Friday belonged to Mazi.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw a few clips of Mazi “clogging the running lanes“. They were more him being pushed back a couple of yards and the the play not gaining anything, but not really due to him. As far as Zimmer’s comments I’ve always said don’t pay any attention to the compliments when the writer brings up the player being discussed. What is he supposed to say? Mazi hasn't really played well? Pay attention to the compliments when the coach is the one who brings up the player unsolicited.

I really liked the comment about his hands. It shows that Mazi is working on and improving on something Zimmer and the coaches want him to work on. Sometimes step one involves changing the way you do things and the ultimate result takes a while but follows once you start doing things “the right way”. hopefully that’s what’s going on with Mazi and hopefully Mazi‘s biggest issue is more technique than talent. He doesn’t even have to be great, just good, to be a huge benefit to our running game. One thing we know for sure is Zimmer is going to keep pushing him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kendricks and Clark if we start with two LB's on the field and Overshown will be out there in passing situations. The ND LB start by next year. Really such a better looking group overall, very excited to see them all

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Cowboys were resting on Thursday, defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer used part of his media availability to touch on what he’s seen from Mazi Smith so far. Zimmer specifically referenced reports from some that Smith hasn’t looked great this year and offered his strong disagreement, going on to praise the first round pick from a year ago.

In team drills on Friday, Smith looked to be constantly wreaking havoc in the middle of the defensive line, clogging holes against run plays with ease.

tomorrow is another day, but Friday belonged to Mazi.
We sure as Hell need him to step up. Desperately

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand that high pick on Luke.
12 years of 2nd round picks… a few damn good ones and a whole lot of ”questionable” ones.

GUGF7EjWIAAmNlc

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple. Need vs BPA. Always a crap shoot when you do it that way
I personally didnt think of it as a need though. Also I cant stand us drafting TEs in the 2nd round. We dont have a good track record.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally didnt think of it as a need though. Also I cant stand us drafting TEs in the 2nd round. We dont have a good track record.
I thought they drafted some good TE in the second round. Bennett was a good TE. The problem i had is they would draft them and then never use them because they already had a good number 1. Escobar was the only one guy I thought was going to be a bust as soon as we drafted him. His college tape sucked. Schoonmaker is looking like another total bust. I do know there were others besides me that liked Ferguson coming out. Why these fools thought Schoonmaker was needed was beyond me. Ferguson immediately showed up his rookie year with that alpha mentality.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was definitely talked about as a need throughout the entire period leading up to the draft. Schultz had just left and our two rookies had a combined 25 catches

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was definitely talked about as a need throughout the entire period leading up to the draft. Schultz had just left and our two rookies had a combined 25 catches
It was a need, but I thought it would be Porta. Big mistake not taking him. Everyone said, Luke was a reach.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a need, but I thought it would be Porta. Big mistake not taking him. Everyone said, Luke was a reach.
I liked all 4 guys taken before him. Then I would have waited. was dumb to force it. Take one in the first, trade up, or pass. This team pretends they draft BPA but every year lately they just go through needs one by one unless a glaring player drops. That is what happens when you don’t fill needs in free agency. With how well they have drafted in general, I can only imagine how well they would do if they just let the scouts pick the best guy

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched quite a bit of the scrimmage. Rogers looked a little better than Mazi. I thought both did ok. Nothing great about what they did though. I think Zimmer is going to make a big difference. Parsons looked real fast. Crazy fast

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched quite a bit of the scrimmage. Rogers looked a little better than Mazi. I thought both did ok. Nothing great about what they did though. I think Zimmer is going to make a big difference. Parsons looked real fast. Crazy fast
Honestly if both do "ok", that probably means they are doing their job and that our run defense will be better with the other changes we are making. I still say if need be we can add a player there, although we have a huge need at Edge and only added two vet minimum guys, so...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that. Jesus man, every 7th grade team in Texas runs the shotgun, it's not that hard.
Beebe is so much more physical, it will be a disaster if he doesn't win the job. Hoffman will be a downgrade from Biadasz instead of an upgrade.
Zim loves Carson, Overshown and DWilson. He wants guys that will lay the lumber
Hoffman appears to be the front runner at Center. It is looking like Beebe and Bass will be the backups in the interior . That is some serious back up talent. I see both Bass and Beebe as being much more than backups in the NFL

. Can either Bass or Beebe play tackle? We know injuries are a part of football. These two will see the field and I am very confident they both play at a high level when called upon