• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Cowboys in Oxnard

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoffman appears to be the front runner at Center. It is looking like Beebe and Bass will be the backups in the interior . That is some serious back up talent. I see both Bass and Beebe as being much more than backups in the NFL

. Can either Bass or Beebe play tackle? We know injuries are a part of football. These two will see the field and I am very confident they both play at a high level when called upon
While I don't think he will be in the top half of centers in the league, I'm ok with Hoffman in the short run. I think he will be better than Biadasz was. Beebe never played center so struggling there is kind of expected. It's not just plug and play and especially for a rookie at a new position. I think if we need an OT we move Tyler out there and play Beebe at OG. My long term expectation for Beebe will still be high whether he wins the C job this offseason or not. I think he was drafted to be Martin's replacement in the next couple of years more than anything else and there is a long way to go before week 1. I suspect there might be some shuffling with the depth charts over the next month

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoffman appears to be the front runner at Center. It is looking like Beebe and Bass will be the backups in the interior . That is some serious back up talent. I see both Bass and Beebe as being much more than backups in the NFL

. Can either Bass or Beebe play tackle? We know injuries are a part of football. These two will see the field and I am very confident they both play at a high level when called upon
I will be very surprised if Hoffman holds the job past the first part of the season. Good intangibles but much like Biadasz, not a lot of lead in his ass

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be very surprised if Hoffman holds the job past the first part of the season. Good intangibles but much like Biadasz, not a lot of lead in his ass
This could happen. If Hoffman struggles there are two options to replace him. It also seems that Martin could be entering his last season.

I am liking what I am hearing about Guyton. There could be initial growing pains with him.

The other thing I am concerned with is the RB situation. Zeke has looked washed up for three seasons. Zero burst. I am hearing he is getting a lot of 1st team reps. Dowdle is simply faster and better than Zeke at this point.

The other thing is how fast the defenders learn Zimmers scheme. If this defense stops the run the Cowboys should be competitive against any team in front of them.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to trust the coaches with putting the right people for the job
Mark Stepnoski didn't have much lead in his ass either.

The story of this camp is Guyton thus far.

what do you guys REALLY know about Hoffman anyways? College tape??

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Started two games last year and played snaps in a few others. The games he started we rushed for 185 yards in one and 135 in the other. Talk is he is stronger than he was in the past and quote after quote talks about his command of the offense. A lot more known about him than the rookies who have been in pads for a week. But, the preseason games will of course give as better idea than offseason practices for all of these guys.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's fair. But it says something about said coaches if Hoffman turns out to be a stud(would be great), that they had him all last year in practice, saw him perform in games, and then took a guard in the 3rd round with the intention of moving him to center

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started two games last year and played snaps in a few others. The games he started we rushed for 185 yards in one and 135 in the other. Talk is he is stronger than he was in the past and quote after quote talks about his command of the offense. A lot more known about him than the rookies who have been in pads for a week. But, the preseason games will of course give as better idea than offseason practices for all of these guys.
If he turns out to be a stud then that's fantastic news for the Cowboys. After getting their knees taken out by the loss of Fredrick, they are due a diamond in the rough at C

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. But it says something about said coaches if Hoffman turns out to be a stud(would be great), that they had him all last year in practice, saw him perform in games, and then took a guard in the 3rd round with the intention of moving him to center
most players take a minute. It's not relection of bad coaching at all.

and....depth is good.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in your opinion, he won't be in the top half of the league centers.

IF Guyton is all that and allows Smith to stay a guard is far and away the most important development for our oline.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in your opinion, he won't be in the top half of the league centers.

IF Guyton is all that and allows Smith to stay a guard is far and away the most important development for our oline.
No, IMO he very likely won't be. He is probably more likely to not start than to be one of the best 16 centers in the NFL. But I don't think many would disagree with that

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love reading this, but at the same time our players over the past number of years have struggled at times with complicated things. I guess we don't have to worry about Sam Williams learning his responsibilities

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing I know about Hoffman is he filled in for Biadaz a few times. One of those starts the Cowboys ran the ball real well.. apparently Dak is sold on him

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love reading this, but at the same time our players over the past number of years have struggled at times with complicated things. I guess we don't have to worry about Sam Williams learning his responsibilities
I been wanting Zimmer back since he left. I followed what he was doing in Cincinnati and Minnesota. I can't wait to see this defense.