• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Lions Preseason thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, another person who sees reality for what it is in terms of Rodgers being a detriment to the Packers last year. That was incredibly blatant last year and I've never seen a single person argue against this until now.

The only way Love is a detriment to the team at the level Rodgers was is if he becomes injured as well. We've seen enough tape on Love to know he's at least an average to above average starting QB.

As far as last place goes it's between the Bears and the Vikes this year.
Not really anyone that has the full skill set of prime Rodgers. But Love is from a similar mold.

Very confident he will pick up more first downs with his feet than #12 did last year. (Fewest of his career as a starter)

Could be a dip in completion percentage, could be similar turnovers. He’s had time to work on decision making, but a big step to take over as a full time starter.

I am confident he’ll stay within himself more than Rodgers did. And do as told, rather than worry about coaching and front decisions, while playing QB.

If GB had beat Detroit that last game, everyone would look at this as a well timed handoff. But the old guy couldn’t get it done.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're homering for a different team on the Lions team boards and calling us trolls? Go away
1.) This is a Strawman, I called one person a troll with their didn't read response which is a common troll comment. HE did nothing to refute what I typed so he trolled plain and simple and the main message boards would agree with me on that without question.

2.) Homering is a misnomer for sound reasoning which you confuse for homering because of your own bias. Cry me a river.

3.) If I am wrong in any way whatsoever, please substantiate your position as I have an open mind and willing to change my mind. However, just saying homer and Straw manning isn't going to change my mind.

4.) I came on here to justify why the Lions will win the division but I was actually convinced they will not only not win the division but will miss the postseason entirely. The hype with the Lions turns out to be just hype.

Last edited:

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) This is a Strawman, I called one person a troll with their didn't read response which is a common troll comment. HE did nothing to refute what I typed so he trolled plain and simple and the main message boards would agree with me on that without question.

2.) Homering is a misnomer for sound reasoning which you confuse for homering because of your own bias. Cry me a river.

3.) If I am wrong in any way whatsoever, please substantiate your position as I have an open mind and willing to change my mind. However, just saying homer and Straw manning isn't going to change my mind.

4.) I came on here to justify why the Lions will win the division but I was actually convinced they will not only not win the division but will miss the postseason entirely. The hype with the Lions turns out to be just hype.
TLDR

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're homering for a different team on the Lions team boards and calling us trolls? Go away
Dude is across all forums adding no value, yet believing he is the smart one. Best to ignore it.

This guy is the most prevalent example of the Dunning-Kruger effect I have ever seen.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really anyone that has the full skill set of prime Rodgers. But Love is from a similar mold.

Very confident he will pick up more first downs with his feet than #12 did last year. (Fewest of his career as a starter)

Could be a dip in completion percentage, could be similar turnovers. He’s had time to work on decision making, but a big step to take over as a full time starter.

I am confident he’ll stay within himself more than Rodgers did. And do as told, rather than worry about coaching and front decisions, while playing QB.

If GB had beat Detroit that last game, everyone would look at this as a well timed handoff. But the old guy couldn’t get it done.

Yeah that's why they moved up to draft him which I didn't agree with. They thought he was a Rodgers/Mahomie hybrid. In his Junior season I can understand why they thought this.

Yeah, Rodgers pretty much stopped running like he used to. Even with wide open lanes he refused to run. JL doesn't seem to run much to be honest and isn't super athletic but he can do better than Rodgers in that regard.

I completely agree, he's way more coachable than Rodgers for sure.

Nope, he was floating up ducks vs Detroit like Brett Favre did in 07 vs Dal. Time to move on.
What do you think JLo's #'s will be this season taking into account a second year Watson/Doubs/Toure along with the impressive rookie in Reed, solid O-line (outside of center), top tier RB Duo.

I think it's fair to say if he plays 17 games he should have 34+ TD's 3,500+ yards, 3+ Rush TD's and 250+ rush yards. I was pondering on the completion percentage and I still think he will be close to 65% mainly because they will be calling more consistent mid to short routes and he does take what the defense gives him but when he throws the deep ball he's been throwing dimes (yes I know it's just preseason). People go insane when I post these numbers but I see this as his baseline expectations if he's just average. Some previous QB's in the NFL think he's better than a starting average QB already.

and two very talented but young TE's?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's why they moved up to draft him which I didn't agree with. They thought he was a Rodgers/Mahomie hybrid. In his Junior season I can understand why they thought this.

Yeah, Rodgers pretty much stopped running like he used to. Even with wide open lanes he refused to run. JL doesn't seem to run much to be honest and isn't super athletic but he can do better than Rodgers in that regard.

I completely agree, he's way more coachable than Rodgers for sure.

Nope, he was floating up ducks vs Detroit like Brett Favre did in 07 vs Dal. Time to move on.
What do you think JLo's #'s will be this season taking into account a second year Watson/Doubs/Toure along with the impressive rookie in Reed, solid O-line (outside of center), top tier RB Duo.

I think it's fair to say if he plays 17 games he should have 34+ TD's 3,500+ yards, 3+ Rush TD's and 250+ rush yards. I was pondering on the completion percentage and I still think he will be close to 65% mainly because they will be calling more consistent mid to short routes and he does take what the defense gives him but when he throws the deep ball he's been throwing dimes (yes I know it's just preseason). People go insane when I post these numbers but I see this as his baseline expectations if he's just average. Some previous QB's in the NFL think he's better than a starting average QB already.

and two very talented but young TE's?
I will never intentionally listen to anything Dan Orlovsky has to say.

If he is > 63% > 3800 yards > 30 TDs your offense will be strong. Really needs to limit turnovers and let his running backs do a lot of the heavy lifting.

I’m looking forward to seeing what Jayden Reed does. Big fan of his game in college.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is across all forums adding no value, yet believing he is the smart one. Best to ignore it.

This guy is the most prevalent example of the Dunning-Kruger effect I have ever seen.

It's like dealing with children following each other like sheep here.

1.) Strawman, I never said I'm the smart one I simply pointed out people who can't read or have low reading comprehension have a low IQ and using the common comment of TLDR is a troll comment. So I was essentially posting a factual statement and not making a judgement on my own abilities or intelligence. So your usage of this cognitive bias term wasn't used correctly. Most likely you used it as a personal attack because you lack the ability to refute my claims so the childish Ad hominem attack is your go to. Which doesn't shock me as this has been the case for many posters I have had conversations with on here.

2.) Quite the contrary I frequently underestimate my skills, abilities and intelligence because I know this keeps me grounded and striving to be better. If I were to constantly think I'm the best at everything then I wouldn't have the motivation to continue to learn, develop and grow in all facets daily. Introspection is a significant part of my life as I realize most people lack the ability to self reflect and it costs them dearly in life.

3.) Speaking of value, your post of attempting to devalue you added 0 value to the discussion at hand. same with the guy you typed TLDR.

Overall, it appears you're just simply projecting to inflate your own ego. So, before commenting next time, I suggest you keep your comments on football instead of projecting. You would think he would know this by now with 16,000+ comments. Sometimes lessons have to be learned the hard way.

Thank you to those who did stick to football and not attacking others personally or using weak trolling attempts. Again, if you would like to prove me wrong I'm open to change my mind on my comments about the Lions/Packers but I've really only been slightly changed on a few things by @broncosmitty. He appears to be more knowledgeable than majority of the Lions fans I've encountered on here so far.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never intentionally listen to anything Dan Orlovsky has to say.

If he is > 63% > 3800 yards > 30 TDs your offense will be strong. Really needs to limit turnovers and let his running backs do a lot of the heavy lifting.

I’m looking forward to seeing what Jayden Reed does. Big fan of his game in college.

Yeah, I don't often use the appeal to authority fallacy but it was interesting to see him and about 7 other so called football experts change their minds on Love in just this offseason.

That is a solid projection, He has done very well so far in liminting his TO's in the two preseason games and all regular season games he played last season. Fumbles shouldn't be a major concern since he doesn't hold onto the ball too long at all.

Yes, Reed is a dog. Dude reminds of a Steve Smith a little bit as he's undersized but makes insane catches over dudes and is extremely tough. SS interviewed him just recently actually.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't often use the appeal to authority fallacy but it was interesting to see him and about 7 other so called football experts change their minds on Love in just this offseason.

That is a solid projection, He has done very well so far in liminting his TO's in the two preseason games and all regular season games he played last season. Fumbles shouldn't be a major concern since he doesn't hold onto the ball too long at all.

Yes, Reed is a dog. Dude reminds of a Steve Smith a little bit as he's undersized but makes insane catches over dudes and is extremely tough. SS interviewed him just recently actually.
I’ve seen a lot of people compare him to Steph Diggs.

The level of production seems like a stretch, right now. But size and what they bring to an offense is a decent comp.

Same with Smith. I see some Andre Rison, without the anger issues.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen a lot of people compare him to Steph Diggs.

The level of production seems like a stretch, right now. But size and what they bring to an offense is a decent comp.

Same with Smith. I see some Andre Rison, without the anger issues.
Nice pull out of the hat with AR84. He was cool with the Pack.

Yep and without a GF in left eye to burn down his house. Left eye is cute but not cute enough to burn down my home. I think they actually tried to get back together.

Thanks for keeping to football. I think I'll just ignore the trolls and childish antics from now on. It's a waste of time and energy. Goo luck to you and the Lions (just don't bet on them ;).

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like dealing with children following each other like sheep here.

1.) Strawman, I never said I'm the smart one I simply pointed out people who can't read or have low reading comprehension have a low IQ and using the common comment of TLDR is a troll comment. So I was essentially posting a factual statement and not making a judgement on my own abilities or intelligence. So your usage of this cognitive bias term wasn't used correctly. Most likely you used it as a personal attack because you lack the ability to refute my claims so the childish Ad hominem attack is your go to. Which doesn't shock me as this has been the case for many posters I have had conversations with on here.

2.) Quite the contrary I frequently underestimate my skills, abilities and intelligence because I know this keeps me grounded and striving to be better. If I were to constantly think I'm the best at everything then I wouldn't have the motivation to continue to learn, develop and grow in all facets daily. Introspection is a significant part of my life as I realize most people lack the ability to self reflect and it costs them dearly in life.

3.) Speaking of value, your post of attempting to devalue you added 0 value to the discussion at hand. same with the guy you typed TLDR.

Overall, it appears you're just simply projecting to inflate your own ego. So, before commenting next time, I suggest you keep your comments on football instead of projecting. You would think he would know this by now with 16,000+ comments. Sometimes lessons have to be learned the hard way.

Thank you to those who did stick to football and not attacking others personally or using weak trolling attempts. Again, if you would like to prove me wrong I'm open to change my mind on my comments about the Lions/Packers but I've really only been slightly changed on a few things by @broncosmitty. He appears to be more knowledgeable than majority of the Lions fans I've encountered on here so far.
Interesting novel in response to a minor dig. I wasted my time trying to engage you football discussion initially, but you quickly showed it was wasted effort. You are not the first like you on the boards, just the first that stuck around. You ignore literal stats and facts from those that actually watch for pff nonsense, and your extreme uneducated view on Gibbs without ever having seen him play.

Congrats on finally getting your first thing correct, @broncosmitty is very knowledgeable, although I suspect your take comes from he agreed with you on this one topic more than anything else. Eventually you will spew something else stupid and when he disagrees with, you will fall back on on more bullshit like this.

Here is to hoping your dumbass gravitates to the general NFL forum so the brunt of your ignorance does not all fall on the lions forum.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop being an emotional little girl and accept reality for what it is.

I already posted on the main board I'm a football fan. I love/hate all teams equally. Just pure unbiased, logic, reason and facts goes into my predictions and opinions on players and teams. I care not either way in the outcomes. Now, instead of using logical fallacy's and strawman arguments try harder to refute my claims.

If you knew anything about football, I might. But when you think Swift/Williams is better than Gibbs/Montgomery it proves you know very little.

Maybe a little more introspection is needed.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you knew anything about football, I might. But when you think Swift/Williams is better than Gibbs/Montgomery it proves you know very little.

Maybe a little more introspection is needed.

Gibbs a rookie who averaged 3 YPC so far and has proven nothing in the NFL could he eventually be better than Swift? Sure but as for now I'm taking Swift as it's the logical choice for this season.

. Montgomery was always an easy back to stop from what I seen. He crumbles like a cookie. He lacks the power to get the thrid or 4th and short or the goal line opportunities.

Swift averaged 5.5 YPC and only one more RB had more YPC with more rushes than him last season.

Williams, although not a dynamic shifty player is an automatic first down on the short yardage plays and doesn't make mistakes.

I'll take the second best RB in yds/carry with the sure fire first down power back with no mistakes over the RB who goes down way too easily and an unproven rookie every single time. Now for the long term this may work out, I'm simply stating this year those RB's are the better duo. This isn't even debatable at this point.

Perhaps you need more training on how to judge talent young padawan. ;) Don't worry, you will get there one day.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibbs a rookie who averaged 3 YPC so far and has proven nothing in the NFL could he eventually be better than Swift? Sure but as for now I'm taking Swift as it's the logical choice for this season.

. Montgomery was always an easy back to stop from what I seen. He crumbles like a cookie. He lacks the power to get the thrid or 4th and short or the goal line opportunities.

Swift averaged 5.5 YPC and only one more RB had more YPC with more rushes than him last season.

Williams, although not a dynamic shifty player is an automatic first down on the short yardage plays and doesn't make mistakes.

I'll take the second best RB in yds/carry with the sure fire first down power back with no mistakes over the RB who goes down way too easily and an unproven rookie every single time. Now for the long term this may work out, I'm simply stating this year those RB's are the better duo. This isn't even debatable at this point.

Perhaps you need more training on how to judge talent young padawan. ;) Don't worry, you will get there one day.
Wait, I did not realize that in 18 preseason snaps with every other starter sitting Gibbs averaged 3 yards a carry. That changes everything!

You will have to explain to me how a guy who said PFF is the king of all kings still takes his eye test on Montgomery going down easy, over the absolute fact that he breaks tackles at an elite rate.

You are too stupid to argue with, why don't you go back to the general forum so @fightinfunbags can embarrass you instead of us.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I did not realize that in 18 preseason snaps with every other starter sitting Gibbs averaged 3 yards a carry. That changes everything!

You will have to explain to me how a guy who said PFF is the king of all kings still takes his eye test on Montgomery going down easy, over the absolute fact that he breaks tackles at an elite rate.

You are too stupid to argue with, why don't you go back to the general forum so @fightinfunbags can embarrass you instead of us.
Perhaps you need a boost in perspicacity if you didn't see the sarcasm I used with PFF. It's a great additional measure for a play by play analysis of NFL players but no it doesn't take into consideration everything and at this point NOTHING does. PFF, other metrics and the eye test should be taken into consideration when forming an opinion.

The rookie has shown nothing has he not? Show me the proof he's better than 5.5 YPC in Swift. You can't because you're relying on potential and hype. You have zero evidence for your claims just hope and hype nothing more nothing less.

LMAO, you have to D ride your boy because I obliterated your illogical conclusions based off hype and hope while my arguement is based off production, logic and reason. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I've already destroyed his belief system in as funbags believes bump and run press coverage is completely irrelevant and useless. I proved that to be a false belief because I used the same argument against JJ. He's a top tier WR but never once faced press coverage bump and run man to man with a solid jam off the line. NOT ONCE just soft zone bs. I said to Queens fans that if JA were to cover him one on one in man to man he would lock him up and I was 100% correct. This is an irrefutable fact.

I am making the exact same argument with D. Smith. I've seen all of his receptions over the last two seasons and he was barely touched twice in each of those two years. If JA were to do to him what he did to JJ in that game then he would lock him down for that entire game. Yes they can adjust and attempt to avoid the LOS standoff as much as possible with motion, bubble screens, slot, etc. But eventually he's going to get smacked around like a lil boy and realize his weakness just like JJ. End of discussion.

Stop the projecting and learn how to assess players based off production, skill and talent and not hope/hype. Like I said the rookie could eventually be better than Swift but not in year one. No fucking way. I guarantee you Swift will outperform the rookie in every major statistical category including YPC, Rush and rec TD's per game, and Yards per reception.

We will address this discussion at the end of the season. By that time I expect a formal apology and you to admit I was correct all along. No excuses no backing out.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you need a boost in perspicacity if you didn't see the sarcasm I used with PFF. It's a great additional measure for a play by play analysis of NFL players but no it doesn't take into consideration everything and at this point NOTHING does. PFF, other metrics and the eye test should be taken into consideration when forming an opinion.

The rookie has shown nothing has he not? Show me the proof he's better than 5.5 YPC in Swift. You can't because you're relying on potential and hype. You have zero evidence for your claims just hope and hype nothing more nothing less.

LMAO, you have to D ride your boy because I obliterated your illogical conclusions based off hype and hope while my arguement is based off production, logic and reason. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I've already destroyed his belief system in as funbags believes bump and run press coverage is completely irrelevant and useless. I proved that to be a false belief because I used the same argument against JJ. He's a top tier WR but never once faced press coverage bump and run man to man with a solid jam off the line. NOT ONCE just soft zone bs. I said to Queens fans that if JA were to cover him one on one in man to man he would lock him up and I was 100% correct. This is an irrefutable fact.

I am making the exact same argument with D. Smith. I've seen all of his receptions over the last two seasons and he was barely touched twice in each of those two years. If JA were to do to him what he did to JJ in that game then he would lock him down for that entire game. Yes they can adjust and attempt to avoid the LOS standoff as much as possible with motion, bubble screens, slot, etc. But eventually he's going to get smacked around like a lil boy and realize his weakness just like JJ. End of discussion.

Stop the projecting and learn how to assess players based off production, skill and talent and not hope/hype. Like I said the rookie could eventually be better than Swift but not in year one. No fucking way. I guarantee you Swift will outperform the rookie in every major statistical category including YPC, Rush and rec TD's per game, and Yards per reception.

We will address this discussion at the end of the season. By that time I expect a formal apology and you to admit I was correct all along. No excuses no backing out.
See, this is why Dunning-Kruger is insidious, it is not that you don't realize you are stupid, it is that you think you are advanced in your knowledge while being stupid. You talk absolute bullshit that gets corrected, but your mind won't let you see how bad you are losing the arguments.

I have no idea where Gibbs ends up this year, but I know he sits behind a top 3 line in football and has athleticism that is rare. You using 18 preseason snaps as your indicator says more about your understanding of football, not Gibbs game.

You claim to base your views on stats, but Montgomery played behind a bottom 2 oline last year, and broke a tackle every 10.1 rushes. 6th in the league, but you continue to hammer home you absolute bad take that he goes down easy.

Your "irrefutable fact" has been shut down over in the other forum, so I won't reiterate here. You are not smart enough to see when you are wrong over there, you won't improve when it gets corrected here either. I can't tell if you are a fantastic troll, or the dumbest mother fucker to enter these forums in years.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, this is why Dunning-Kruger is insidious, it is not that you don't realize you are stupid, it is that you think you are advanced in your knowledge while being stupid. You talk absolute bullshit that gets corrected, but your mind won't let you see how bad you are losing the arguments.

I have no idea where Gibbs ends up this year, but I know he sits behind a top 3 line in football and has athleticism that is rare. You using 18 preseason snaps as your indicator says more about your understanding of football, not Gibbs game.

You claim to base your views on stats, but Montgomery played behind a bottom 2 oline last year, and broke a tackle every 10.1 rushes. 6th in the league, but you continue to hammer home you absolute bad take that he goes down easy.

Your "irrefutable fact" has been shut down over in the other forum, so I won't reiterate here. You are not smart enough to see when you are wrong over there, you won't improve when it gets corrected here either. I can't tell if you are a fantastic troll, or the dumbest mother fucker to enter these forums in years.

Boring, same old dunning-krueger effect and childish name calling because you lack the ability and or knowledge to substantiate you claims effectively. I'm open and willing to change my mind but you're doing a very poor job.

Montgomery's issue is not the ability to juke or jive but his vision and power. Sometimes you need to just make one cut and push the pile which is what Williams was most effective at. Montgomery doesn't do this at all. He dances too much in the backfield and it catches up with him. Sure he can have a few more long runs because of this but I prefer consistency and effectiveness over the occasional flashy play. You won't ever see Montgomery have 17 TD's and no fumbles like Williams did last year even with what I presume to be the same offensive line.

Now I'm obliterating a few poor Queens fans on the same argument on the boards. NO NO NO NO, you want me to be wrong but I am simply not. Bump and run worked against JJ when JA utilized it and that's a fact. Bump and run press coverage is an effective skill for corners to learn which is a fact as well. Lastly, D. Smith hasn't proven he can beat a solid corner that utilizes bump and run press coverage on him which is also a fact. See you can't admit I'm wright because of your emotions.

IF I AM WRONG, please show me where JJ beat JA in bump and run press coverage. Show me where D Smith has proven he can routinely beat Bump and run press coverage vs solid corners, show me or prove to me why corners shouldn't learn bump and run press coverage at all as funnybags seems to believe it's irrelevant in our game today.

You're simply allowing your anger an emotions to get the best of you which is why you revert to childish name calling. See, even at the end of the year when I'm proven right you will still not admit you're wrong. You will either avoid the conversation completely or make excuses.

I will admit I am wrong if it happens and these RB's pan out better than Williams and Swift but I just don't see that happening.

Your response....

Stupid, dumb, DKE, boards schooling you, blah blah blah blah. You bore me with your childish antics. Come back at the end of the season so you can eat some crow or perhaps I will but we will see very soon. All in good time young padawan. Control your anger and hate as that leads to the dark side of the force.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boring, same old dunning-krueger effect and childish name calling because you lack the ability and or knowledge to substantiate you claims effectively. I'm open and willing to change my mind but you're doing a very poor job.

Montgomery's issue is not the ability to juke or jive but his vision and power. Sometimes you need to just make one cut and push the pile which is what Williams was most effective at. Montgomery doesn't do this at all. He dances too much in the backfield and it catches up with him. Sure he can have a few more long runs because of this but I prefer consistency and effectiveness over the occasional flashy play. You won't ever see Montgomery have 17 TD's and no fumbles like Williams did last year even with what I presume to be the same offensive line.
As this is the Lions forum, I will cut out all this pointless bs from you, and go to the actual part on the Lions. You like to say I don't substantiate my claims, but this is the disagreement we had earlier, and I proved time and time again my side, you just ignored it, and after losing enough you tossed out their respective PFF scores because you had nothing.

Williams scored a bunch of 1 yard TD's behind an elite line and high scoring offense, however, he was below expected average per run based on his running projections. One thing anyone who understands football will tell you is TD is not a reproducible metric as there are hundreds of factors into the season. Williams capitalized well in one year, while putting up bad overall metrics. Montgomery played behind maybe the worst line in football last year and maximized it. Your "Eyeball test" means less than nothing. I am glad you came by to lose this argument one more time, now please find a new forum to ruin. Feel free to respond with one more novel, I see no value in any more responses and am happy to give you the last word. You lack the basic knowledge to have a good faith discussion.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gibbs can run the route tree as well as any WR. There isn't a LB in the league who can cover him. He will be a match up nightmare for DCs. They will have to game plan for him.

And Williams doesn't make mistakes except for that fumble on the goal line that cost them the game and ultimately a playoff spot.

Do you know anything about football?