• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Lions Preseason thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason is finally here. Might not be a ton to talk about so we can keep all 3 games in one thread plus maybe some transactions. Hopefully everyone stays healthy.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 day away. Everyone wants to see the defense now that we signed and drafted some really good players and get back TW3. Would like to see rookie picks on offense too. I am guessing the middle game though is where we see most of the starters.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sudfield really showcasing the wisdom of signing a different qb

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tornado has trumped football coverage here.

Hope everybody east of Lansing and west of Flint is safe.

• Sad
Reactions: H2S

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tornado has trumped football coverage here.

Hope everybody east of Lansing and west of Flint is safe.
hope the tornado only screwed with your fb coverage... Lions just won, btw, 21-16 (Martinez ran a great 6-min drive for a TD).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hope the tornado only screwed with your fb coverage... Lions just won, btw, 21-16 (Martinez ran a great 6-min drive for a TD).
Just a lot of rain up here.

Sounds like not so lucky down by Perry.

Got to see the 4th. Martinez looks to be starting a campaign to keep three QBs.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suds a dud feld out Martinez in for 3rd qb

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Suckfeld lived up to the hype of sucking really bad. Jammo still does not know how to catch a football. LaPorta and the offensive rookies were not impressive although Gibbs was OK. Some of our FAs were better especially Green and Alexander. I liked what I saw from Snell as well behind a garbage O-line.

On the really bright side, Our defense looks much better. Very very fast. Rookies looked good too. For some reason the Okwara brothers and Will Harris were running with the 2s and 3s. Maybe there is some trade values as the brothers looked good. Harris was up and down. Scheme change on front 7 allowed LBs to make plays too. which was refreshing.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Suckfeld lived up to the hype of sucking really bad. Jammo still does not know how to catch a football. LaPorta and the offensive rookies were not impressive although Gibbs was OK. Some of our FAs were better especially Green and Alexander. I liked what I saw from Snell as well behind a garbage O-line.

On the really bright side, Our defense looks much better. Very very fast. Rookies looked good too. For some reason the Okwara brothers and Will Harris were running with the 2s and 3s. Maybe there is some trade values as the brothers looked good. Harris was up and down. Scheme change on front 7 allowed LBs to make plays too. which was refreshing.
Not all of the Williams was on him, several times he was open and Sudfield missed him. The important part was he got open often, qb just lacked the arm to use it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all of the Williams was on him, several times he was open and Sudfield missed him. The important part was he got open often, qb just lacked the arm to use it.
Jammo and Laporta both use improper fundamentals. You dont catch a football with your palms facing your chest. They got away with it in college because they were always so wide open against lesser competition. That wont fly in the NFL. Hopefully that gets cleaned up in the next couple of weeks in Laporta's case. Not sure Jammo will ever change.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I haven't been paying as much attention this season as usual. But seeing this first game there was a bunch of good stuff on the field. But so much of the decisions being made leave me scratching my head. Years ago Khalil Mack was a phenomenal 4-3 OLB, and more recently Micah Parsons was the same. But teams decided they had way more value as an elite pass rusher. Anybody can play olb, but it's hard to find a pass rusher. This year the Lions saw Houston rack up sacks on minimal playtime... so they moved him to OLB to get him on the field more? And hopefully it's just a pre-season thing, but need to get Campbell and Rodrigo on the field and Anzalone off it. They'll only get better and he'll only get worse.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I haven't been paying as much attention this season as usual. But seeing this first game there was a bunch of good stuff on the field. But so much of the decisions being made leave me scratching my head. Years ago Khalil Mack was a phenomenal 4-3 OLB, and more recently Micah Parsons was the same. But teams decided they had way more value as an elite pass rusher. Anybody can play olb, but it's hard to find a pass rusher. This year the Lions saw Houston rack up sacks on minimal playtime... so they moved him to OLB to get him on the field more? And hopefully it's just a pre-season thing, but need to get Campbell and Rodrigo on the field and Anzalone off it. They'll only get better and he'll only get worse.
They are trying to coach him up to be more than just a situational pass rush player. His pass rush was nice, but he was a liability for half of the game.

Parsons and Mack from your example are also great run defenders and decent pass defenders. Houston is half a player that had an outlier pressure to sack ratio.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happened to williams leg that is costing him the entire preseason?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell has been great so far. Rodrigo looks like he is going to have a sophomore slump. Houston still looks unstoppable as a pass rusher but they are trying to get him better all around. They could also use an extra outside guy. Also Harris is back so we are heavy at DE.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game vs Jags is Sat 1PM ET on NFL network.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mims experiment over bye bye

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested to see the defense. If they don't step up then it's just the same old Lions all hype with nothing to show for it.