• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Lions Preseason thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. People are just tired of 30 years of GB HOF play from the QB spot so they're hoping they go back to the 70's and 80's but MLF is a good HC so they won't magically dissapear.
ARodg had the least impressive season of his career last year. And was the worst QB in tbe division as far as QBR.

Not anticipating Love to be Rodgers by any means. But they’re still a solid team.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glasgow actually looks decent again but you are right. Everyone else is awful. Most not even practice squad material. Sorsdal made a rookie mistake and almost got Teddy killed and resulted in a fumbled exchange.

Do you happen to have Dan Skipper's phone number?
Looks like the botched play that led to the fumbled handoff was Cecil, not Sorsdal

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARodg had the least impressive season of his career last year. And was the worst QB in tbe division as far as QBR.

Not anticipating Love to be Rodgers by any means. But they’re still a solid team.
I expect him to be better than Rodgers' season last year for sure as he just has to be average to do that. Will he be better than Prime Rodgers? In some ways yes in some ways probably not. The Packers moved up to draft him because they saw mahomie/Rodgers skill set and liked his interviews.

They believe 3x years under Rodgers and having the GOAT QB coach in TOM Clements will mold him into the best QB in the league. The difference with him and Rodgers is he is at this point coachable. Rodgers in his last 6 years with GB was not coachable so his bad habits cost the team over time. This included holding onto the ball too long, not taking what the defense gives him, force feeding to one dude mainly Adams way too often and becoming predictable especially in the postseason, throwing stupid bombs on third and or 4th and short that rarely worked, not running it when he should, almost always running the clock down to 1 second and giving the defense the ability to time the snap, not being coachable, having way to much control and power of the offense especially the last 4 years, took way too many sacks on third down that knocked them out of FG range, etc. The dude had all the talent, skills, drive in the world but his own ego clouded his judgement so he refused to improve on his obvious bad habits. He was the Aniken skywalker in the NFL and peaked in 2011 but the the ego slowly took over and became a cancer to deal with later in his career and that's when he became the Darth Vader of the NFL a vastly weaker pathetic version of himself.

Love appears to be coachable, has all the talent, skills, work ethic, etc. The main issues is lack of experience, takes a few drives before he warms up and starts playing solid ball, doesn't run enough (IMO). He can make all the throws, has the legs, the awareness and mental capacity to process the game at a high level, but just needs the time to prove himself.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. People are just tired of 30 years of GB HOF play from the QB spot so they're hoping they go back to the 70's and 80's but MLF is a good HC so they won't magically dissapear.
Sure OK. Rodgers was the Packers problem last year.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the botched play that led to the fumbled handoff was Cecil, not Sorsdal
They all sucked. We will keep Sorsdal over the no-names because we spent a draft pick on him.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well duh, dude was playing injured and one of the worst QB's in the NFL. You seen the Lions game where he was just floating shit up for grabs for the Lions defenders to call fair catch. The dude never used to do that crap. Yeah he was a liability last season. Everyone knows this that's why he's gone.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well duh, dude was playing injured and one of the worst QB's in the NFL. You seen the Lions game where he was just floating shit up for grabs for the Lions defenders to call fair catch. The dude never used to do that crap. Yeah he was a liability last season. Everyone knows this that's why he's gone.
Their O-line was beat up and gave him no time to throw to a bunch of nobodies. And like you said the thumb injury was an issue. In no way shape or form are they better off without him. You are sounding like a jilted Packers fan (even though I peg you for more of a Bears fan).

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their O-line was beat up and gave him no time to throw to a bunch of nobodies. And like you said the thumb injury was an issue. In no way shape or form are they better off without him. You are sounding like a jilted Packers fan (even though I peg you for more of a Bears fan).

No Oline excuses as Bak, Zach Tom and Jenkins were all healthy. Watson and Doubs were injuried and young last year but they're top shelf talent. Yes they're drastically better without the Rodgers (of last season) and it's not even close. Love just needs to be average and they will be in the postseason but he appears to be slightly better than average from what I've seen. His flaws are not as drastic as Rodgers' flaws.

Being a fan is irrelevant as I'm just telling it like it is. Rodgers was gutter trash and was kicked out the door. Next

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s not like he was good.

The Lions awful defense picked off 12 passes in 17 games last year. Four of em were in the two games Rodgers played against Detroit.

8 picks in 15 games when not playing against ARodge.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Oline excuses as Bak, Zach Tom and Jenkins were all healthy. Watson and Doubs were injuried and young last year but they're top shelf talent. Yes they're drastically better without the Rodgers (of last season) and it's not even close. Love just needs to be average and they will be in the postseason but he appears to be slightly better than average from what I've seen. His flaws are not as drastic as Rodgers' flaws.

Being a fan is irrelevant as I'm just telling it like it is. Rodgers was gutter trash and was kicked out the door. Next
Bak missed the first 2 games and was in and out all year. GB was projected to have a top 5 O-line and they finished in the middle. I do love Watson but like you said he was not 100% all year. Love even with these guys healthy will not be as successful.

Love has shown nothing. If he did, he would have replaced Rodgers much sooner. The coaches thought he was not as good as an injured Rodgers last year.

You just cant deal with the fact that Rodgers is moving on to greener pastures. Bak wants a trade too for the same reason.

You are dreaming thinking they are better with Love. Maybe in a few years. Certainly not now. He has proven nothing.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not like he was good.

The Lions awful defense picked off 12 passes in 17 games last year. Four of em were in the two games Rodgers played against Detroit.

8 picks in 15 games when not playing against ARodge.
As stated earlier. Injured thumb, WRs and O-line.

They would be playoff contenders again with Rodgers. I dont think they are without him. Many analysts picking GB to finish last in the division.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stated earlier. Injured thumb, WRs and O-line.

They would be playoff contenders again with Rodgers. I dont think they are without him. Many analysts picking GB to finish last in the division.
The reasons are the reasons.

GB had poor quarterback play last year. To the extent it hurt their team.

Could be the same this year. Might not be.

I’m sure as hell not picking them to finish last.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bak missed the first 2 games and was in and out all year. GB was projected to have a top 5 O-line and they finished in the middle. I do love Watson but like you said he was not 100% all year. Love even with these guys healthy will not be as successful.

Love has shown nothing. If he did, he would have replaced Rodgers much sooner. The coaches thought he was not as good as an injured Rodgers last year.

You just cant deal with the fact that Rodgers is moving on to greener pastures. Bak wants a trade too for the same reason.

You are dreaming thinking they are better with Love. Maybe in a few years. Certainly not now. He has proven nothing.
Rodgers had an MVP season without Big Bak.

Watson turned on the Jets once Doubs got injured but Doubs was damn good when Watson wasn't playing well early. Now Watson has both in their second year and in full health (knock on wood).

Did you not watch last year? Rodgers was the laughing stalk of the league after the injury. ALL NFC NORTH non packer fans were making fun of his performances. Stop pretending like he was anything above garbage last year. Stop the intellectual dishonesty.

Love could've shown he was a future GOAT in practice but when a dude is tearing up the league and wins two straight MVP's it wouldn't have mattered how well Love looked in Camp or preseason he was never going to see the field. Just like Rodgers was never going to see the field in his first 3 years despite him getting better each year under Favre. To think otherwise is either ignorance or simply being intellectually dishonest again.

Packers fans hate me because I tell it like it is so it's quite funny seeing people from the other side saying I'm dreaming.
Rodgers hadn't proven anything before his first year either except for a few quarters' vs dalass in 07 which was all I needed to know he was better than Favre. In his first season he was already above average but the team was below average especially on defense. Love has a team that won 13 games 3 straight years in a row minus the year Rodgers was injured and played like dog shit. Obviously the main difference is the Rodgers injury.

Love has shown great progression. He makes the correct reads, throws dimes on a rope, hits the bombs and the mid passes even with touch. He doesn't do all the negative things Rodgers started doing over the last 6-7 years (hold onto the ball too long, sacks in FG range, low percentage bombs on 3rd or 4th and short, not taking what the defense gives him, lockin in on one dude and not spreading the ball around, etc. Love literally does the opposite and it's a pleasure to watch.

Combined with the talent, coaching staff, etc I see no reason for him to not have a successful season in year one unless he gets injured. Again, I hated the Pick when he came out but his progression has proven me wrong and I will fully admit that. As initially I thought he was a future bust and a wasted pick. But now I see why the Packers originally drafted him.

Incorrect, I'm more than happy to be moving on from Rodgers. His time was up and I am elated to move on from the Primadona and his overinflated ego and contract. He put in his 15 years and won one SB like Favre and moved to the Jets just like Favre.

I'm not saying he's going to be a top 10 QB right out the gates but I expect him to be at least average in his first year which is more than enough for the Packers talent/coaching staff to make the postseason and possibly win the division. Anything more than average is a bonus.

Expectations:
Packers 9-8 bottom 11-7 ceiling

Love: 3,500 yards, 32 passing TD's 3 rush TD's 64% comp% and a 64 QBR. Now those are probably top 10 numbers but they're inflated due to having a very talented team and coaching staff.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watson turned on the Jets once Doubs got injured but Doubs was damn good when Watson wasn't playing well early. Now Watson has both in their second year and in full health (knock on wood).

Did you not watch last year? Rodgers was the laughing stalk of the league after the injury. ALL NFC NORTH non packer fans were making fun of his performances. Stop pretending like he was anything above garbage last year. Stop the intellectual dishonesty.

Love could've shown he was a future GOAT in practice but when a dude is tearing up the league and wins two straight MVP's it wouldn't have mattered how well Love looked in Camp or preseason he was never going to see the field. Just like Rodgers was never going to see the field in his first 3 years despite him getting better each year under Favre. To think otherwise is either ignorance or simply being intellectually dishonest again.

Packers fans hate me because I tell it like it is so it's quite funny seeing people from the other side saying I'm dreaming.
Rodgers hadn't proven anything before his first year either except for a few quarters' vs dalass in 07 which was all I needed to know he was better than Favre. In his first season he was already above average but the team was below average especially on defense. Love has a team that won 13 games 3 straight years in a row minus the year Rodgers was injured and played like dog shit. Obviously the main difference is the Rodgers injury.

Love has shown great progression. He makes the correct reads, throws dimes on a rope, hits the bombs and the mid passes even with touch. He doesn't do all the negative things Rodgers started doing over the last 6-7 years (hold onto the ball too long, sacks in FG range, low percentage bombs on 3rd or 4th and short, not taking what the defense gives him, lockin in on one dude and not spreading the ball around, etc. Love literally does the opposite and it's a pleasure to watch.

Combined with the talent, coaching staff, etc I see no reason for him to not have a successful season in year one unless he gets injured. Again, I hated the Pick when he came out but his progression has proven me wrong and I will fully admit that. As initially I thought he was a future bust and a wasted pick. But now I see why the Packers originally drafted him.

Incorrect, I'm more than happy to be moving on from Rodgers. His time was up and I am elated to move on from the Primadona and his overinflated ego and contract. He put in his 15 years and won one SB like Favre and moved to the Jets just like Favre.

I'm not saying he's going to be a top 10 QB right out the gates but I expect him to be at least average in his first year which is more than enough for the Packers talent/coaching staff to make the postseason and possibly win the division. Anything more than average is a bonus.

Expectations:

Love: 3,500 yards, 32 passing TD's 3 rush TD's 64% comp% and a 64 QBR. Now those are probably top 10 numbers but they're inflated due to having a very talented team and coaching staff.
TLDR;

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Expectations:

Quit being a coward and list your favorite teams.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit being a coward and list your favorite teams.
Stop being an emotional little girl and accept reality for what it is.

I already posted on the main board I'm a football fan. I love/hate all teams equally. Just pure unbiased, logic, reason and facts goes into my predictions and opinions on players and teams. I care not either way in the outcomes. Now, instead of using logical fallacy's and strawman arguments try harder to refute my claims.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reasons are the reasons.

GB had poor quarterback play last year. To the extent it hurt their team.

Could be the same this year. Might not be.

I’m sure as hell not picking them to finish last.

Finally, another person who sees reality for what it is in terms of Rodgers being a detriment to the Packers last year. That was incredibly blatant last year and I've never seen a single person argue against this until now.

The only way Love is a detriment to the team at the level Rodgers was is if he becomes injured as well. We've seen enough tape on Love to know he's at least an average to above average starting QB.

As far as last place goes it's between the Bears and the Vikes this year.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, another person who sees reality for what it is in terms of Rodgers being a detriment to the Packers last year. That was incredibly blatant last year and I've never seen a single person argue against this until now.

The only way Love is a detriment to the team at the level Rodgers was is if he becomes injured as well. We've seen enough tape on Love to know he's at least an average to above average starting QB.

As far as last place goes it's between the Bears and the Vikes this year.
Noone was is still arguing that. What the argument is if GB is bettor off without Rodgers this year. They are not. Rodgers now that he is healthy is still better than Love.

Even so most analysts have GB finishing with a worse record than last year so making that argument that GB will be worse is not absurd at all. I am sure these guys have more experience than you do.

NFL record projections 2023: Which teams will lead the way to Super Bowl 58?
NFL predictions 2023: Projecting win-loss records for all 32 teams, NFL stats projections
Full 2023 NFL season win-loss record predictions for every team: Ravens fly Over; taking Eagles, Packers Under

And GB should fire their coaches for leaving Rodgers in and wasting the season if Love was clearly a better option over an injured Rodgers.