• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Rosterbation

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Yaz has considerable trade value. Especially at 3M per. Not sure Slater has that value.

All that said, Yaz is a hell of a defensive OFer. I wonder if that, coupled with his pop makes him more valuable than I give him credit for.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And PLEASE: bring Joc Pederson home. We need the Hebrew.
He may be the type the Giants sign to a minor league or one year, make good contract (ala DeSclafani and Wood). Hey, if they they can get him back to 2019 or even 2018 numbers.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt, Disco, Wood, KB and Gaus all locks, no?
I think the only sure thing to get an offer is KB. I would assume DeSclafani and Wood will not be offered a QO. Not sure about Gausman and Belt.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt, Disco, Wood, KB and Gaus all locks, no?
KB didn’t start the season with us, therefor is ineligible. Also, Gas got one last year, and players can only be offer the QO once in their career, so he is a no.

Belt is a no-brainer. I doubt Disco or Wood get the QO.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KB didn’t start the season with us, therefor is ineligible. Also, Gas got one last year, and players can only be offer the QO once in their career, so he is a no.

Belt is a no-brainer. I doubt Disco or Wood get the QO.
Thanks for the info. I forgot Gas got one last year. Didn't know about the start the season rule.

I bet Disco gets one and wouldn't be shocked if Wood got one. Relatively low risk and only for one year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So…

How dramatically is this team going to be blown up? Are we looking at a Marlins level re-rostering?

Evan Longoria 3B 19.67m
Tommy LaStella Util 5.27m
Jake McGee RHP 2.5m
Brandon Crawford SS 16m
Caleb Baragar LHP Pre-Arb
Mauricio Dubon Util Pre-Arb
Tyler Rogers RHP Pre-Arb
Logan Web RHP Pre-Arb
Joey Bart C Pre-Arb
Sam Long RHP Pre-Arb
Kervin Castro RHP Pre-Arb
Jaylin Davis OF Pre-Arb
Camilo Doval RHP Pre-Arb
Conner Menez LHP Pre-Arb
Dedniel Nunez RHP Pre-Arb
Gregory Santos RHP Pre-Arb
Jason Vosler Util Pre-Arb
LaMont Wade OF/1B Pre-Arb

Alex Dickerson OF A4
Curt Casali C A4
Jarlin Garcia LHP A3
Austin Slater OF A2
John Brebbia RHP A2
Mike Yastrzemski OF A1
Tyler Beede RHP A1
Steven Duggar OF A1

Zach Littell RHP ???
Thairo Estrada Util ???
Dominick Leone RHP ???
Jay Jackson RHP ???

Brandon Belt 1B FA
Kevin Gausman RHP FA
Alex Wood LHP FA
Anthony Desclafani RHP FA
Johnny Cueto RHP FA (team option)
Kris Bryant Util FA
Buster Posey C FA (team option)
Wilmer Flores Util FA (team option)
Jose Alvarez RHP FA (team option)

Last edited:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So…

How dramatically is this team going to be blown up? Are we looking at a Marlins level re-rostering?

Evan Longoria 3B 19.67m
Tommy LaStella Util 5.27m
Jake McGee RHP 2.5m
Brandon Crawford SS 16m
Caleb Baragar LHP Pre-Arb
Mauricio Dubon Util Pre-Arb
Tyler Rogers RHP Pre-Arb
Logan Web RHP Pre-Arb
Joey Bart C Pre-Arb
Sam Long RHP Pre-Arb
Kervin Castro RHP Pre-Arb
Jaylin Davis OF Pre-Arb
Camilo Doval RHP Pre-Arb
Conner Menez LHP Pre-Arb
Dedniel Nunez RHP Pre-Arb
Gregory Santos RHP Pre-Arb
Jason Vosler Util Pre-Arb
LaMont Wade OF/1B Pre-Arb

Alex Dickerson OF A4
Curt Casali C A4
Jarlin Garcia LHP A3
Austin Slater OF A2
John Brebbia RHP A2
Mike Yastrzemski OF A1
Tyler Beede RHP A1
Steven Duggar OF A1

Zach Littell RHP ???
Thairo Estrada Util ???
Dominick Leone RHP ???
Jay Jackson RHP ???

Brandon Belt 1B FA
Kevin Gausman RHP FA
Alex Wood LHP FA
Anthony Desclafani RHP FA
Johnny Cueto RHP FA
Kris Bryant Util FA
I was thinking a bit about this very thing this morning. Here is who I think won't be on the 40 man roster by December 1st:
I think that 2 or 3 of the following will be dfa'd: Caleb Baragar, Mauricio Dubon, Jaylin Davis, Jason Vosler, Jay Jackson
Alex Dickerson (non tendered)
Tyler Beede (either non tendered or dfa)

If the Giants exercise their options on Posey and Alvarez, and decline the options on Cueto and Flores, with these moves, the 40 man roster will be down to 24 or 25. Of course, a few guys will get their contracts purchase in advance of the Rule 5 draft and, maybe, a couple free agents will be signed/re-signed. That still leaves a lot of room for new acquisitions.

On a related note, do the Giants dip into the Rule 5 draft again? If so, do they pick yet another TJ candidate . . . er, I mean, pitcher . . . in said draft?

As for the guys on the free agent market, I have no idea how many of them return but would venture a guess of 2 or 3 are brought back.

By the way, Conner Menez is not on the 40 man roster is probably going to be a minor league free agent this offseason. He doesn't need to be on your list.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team will try to resign Belt, but I suspect he will move on for a fresh start. The Rangers might be a good fit for him.

Of the 3 SPs (Cueto is done), I think the most likely to be back is Wood. Gas will demand more money than he is worth and Disco is a #4 who will demand #2/#3 money.

I think KB somewhat redeemed himself in the LDS, but I don’t think the Giants will be down with signing him to a 5/125. He just isn’t that player anymore. A 4/80 MAYBE, but I am not sure either side would be happy with that contract.

Of the Arb players, I think they non-tender Dick and Beede. Maybe they try to sign Beede to a minor league contract, but I doubt that will happen. The others I think they offer contracts to.

Of the pre-Arb players, I think Jackson gets DFA’d.

there will be quite a few trades, I think. I think they shop Yaz pretty aggressively. I think just about everyone else on the roster will be available for trade as well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And do the Giants try to buy Webb’s first year or 2 of free agency?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And do the Giants try to buy Webb’s first year or 2 of free agency?
I was thinking that it may be too early to talk about that but he is going to be arbitration eligible after next season. I think the Giants may be well advised to do that. Lock up one of their good, proven, young arms. They have the money to do it and if they can get an extra year or two at a discount (by paying more now), then it seems worthwhile to pursue.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team will try to resign Belt, but I suspect he will move on for a fresh start. The Rangers might be a good fit for him.

Of the 3 SPs (Cueto is done), I think the most likely to be back is Wood. Gas will demand more money than he is worth and Disco is a #4 who will demand #2/#3 money.

I think KB somewhat redeemed himself in the LDS, but I don’t think the Giants will be down with signing him to a 5/125. He just isn’t that player anymore. A 4/80 MAYBE, but I am not sure either side would be happy with that contract.

Of the Arb players, I think they non-tender Dick and Beede. Maybe they try to sign Beede to a minor league contract, but I doubt that will happen. The others I think they offer contracts to.

Of the pre-Arb players, I think Jackson gets DFA’d.

there will be quite a few trades, I think. I think they shop Yaz pretty aggressively. I think just about everyone else on the roster will be available for trade as well.
You don't see Dubon or Davis being dfa candidates? Both seem to have gotten lost in the org's depth charts. Maybe they keep them a little bit longer for depth or dfa if they happen to go hog wild on signing free agents.

A little more on Rule 5 eligible guys, the following would need to be protected this year: Tristan Beck, Prelander Berroa, Seth Corry, Matt Frisbee, Sean Hjelle, Michael Plassmeyer, Kai-Wei Teng, Trent Toplikar, Keaton Winn, Jake Wong, Sean Roby, David Villar, Bryce Johnson and Heliot Ramos. Now I know that a few of these guys who we thought would get protected (when we projected a couple of years ago) aren't that exciting any longer but maybe the number of guys who do get protected will be closer to 6 or 7. That means a few more dfa's then Jackson and maybe Beede.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see Dubon or Davis being dfa candidates? Both seem to have gotten lost in the org's depth charts. Maybe they keep them a little bit longer for depth or dfa if they happen to go hog wild on signing free agents.

A little more on Rule 5 eligible guys, the following would need to be protected this year: Tristan Beck, Prelander Berroa, Seth Corry, Matt Frisbee, Sean Hjelle, Michael Plassmeyer, Kai-Wei Teng, Trent Toplikar, Keaton Winn, Jake Wong, Sean Roby, David Villar, Bryce Johnson and Heliot Ramos. Now I know that a few of these guys who we thought would get protected (when we projected a couple of years ago) aren't that exciting any longer but maybe the number of guys who do get protected will be closer to 6 or 7. That means a few more dfa's then Jackson and maybe Beede.
I don’t think Dubon or Davis get DFA’d. Davis was hurt all year, so ‘21 is a wash. They org has been so high on this kid, I have a hard time seeing them bail on him after one lost season. I think the org likes Dubon. He is an amazing athlete. He just gets a bit crazy with the plays he tries to make sometimes. maybe he ends up being a depth casualty, that is hard to judge, but I don’t think he will be a jettison like Dick will be.

As for 40 adds, I don’t have much of an opinion that. Losing ‘20 has made following the farm a tough task. It may take me another year or so get my feet back under me.

Assuming your list is accurate and all encompassing, I would think Corry, Hjelle, Teng, Beck, Ramos and Villar are locks. Some of the others may be locks as well, I just don’t have a handle on the farm. Where is Wilson in regards to needing to be added?