• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pickett’s “avg time to throw” is an issue? Never heard that. Is that just during the throwing motion? ie Mechanics? That is very coachable. Or from snap to throw? Snap to throw has everything to do with Whipple’s offense (which is going to be a lot like Canada’s collegiate offaense) & Pickett’s ability to extend plays on the boots/run. That concern would play into his fumbling issues.

The age concern has merit. But I don’t like that people are saying he has to start this year because of that. “QBs rarely improve from ages 24 to 25.. blah blah blah”. That’s such a skewed outlook given the average shelf life for QBs. The vast majority come into the league younger, so applying that against KP just doesn’t work. The thought SHOULD be how QBs improve from year 1 to year 2. All rookies will experience a struggle to transition to the pro level, regardless of age. Seeing how QBs are playing well into their late 30’s, that simply puts KP’s “career window” into a smaller vice than others. But does that really matter in this age of pass-centric offenses that declare a QB prospect DOA after just 3 years? If KP flames out at age 28, that’s the same damn thing if a younger guy flames out at 25. There’s no convincing me otherwise.
“Landing a quarterback without having to trade up is a big win for Pittsburgh, but taking Pickett — in the eyes of PFF — is not. He was the No. 4 ranked quarterback in the 2022 class on PFF’s Big Board. There’s some serious concern with how his game is going to translate in the NFL. The Pitt quarterback averaged 3.19 seconds per throw in 2021, tying for the third-slowest mark in the FBS. In fact, it would have been the slowest among NFL quarterbacks this past season. While Pickett is a quality athlete, he’s nowhere near dynamic enough to make his hay on the ground in the professional ranks. Holding onto the ball often welcomes pressure, and Pickett was charged with 34 pressures this past season, tying for the second-most in the FBS. He has to be quicker and more decisive with his decision-making instead of panicking and holding onto the ball. And speeding up a quarterback’s processing is easier said than done — it’s a significant issue”

Again though. They clamored about his short and intermediate game. So it runs counter intuitive

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pickett to Pickens.

There are some dumb, and some mush mouth booth teams that are gonna make me wanna die listening to them try to say that.
Side note. Im not really about cancel culture, but can we cancel bob pompeani. He is truly awful. Whole segment last night downing the pickett pick, strictly on the basis that no one else drafted him. No really bob? Hes such a crochety old man anymore and has very poor analysis

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not happy with Pickens' off the field BS, but we honestly couldn't have gotten a better WR without trading up or wasting our 1st on a WR.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not happy with Pickens' off the field BS, but we honestly couldn't have gotten a better WR without trading up or wasting our 1st on a WR.
Nope. He also hs true alpha traits. If he wasnt coming back from injury hes in the discussion for wr1

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. He also hs true alpha traits. If he wasnt coming back from injury hes in the discussion for wr1
I don't doubt his skills on the field, I just hope that locker room doesn't turn him into AB, JuJu or Chase with his attitude.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt his skills on the field, I just hope that locker room doesn't turn him into AB, JuJu or Chase with his attitude.
I hear you. Chase needs to show up this year or go away. Pickens also puts gun on notice. Ill let chases immaturiy slide for a year.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAIII… first pick of this draft I don’t like. I mean, used right, could be a weapon. But seems like another Tomlin little fast guy that we’ll never use. Would have really preferred Shakir if WR was the pick but overall didn’t love the value at the position at this point.

Man if we would just use him right tho…

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another WR… Hmm

Well they need a slot WR still. This makes the Pickens pick look a lot more frivolous. Thought they might look at Claypool in the slot more. But at least the WR depth is no longer a concern.

Would have liked OL there

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Landing a quarterback without having to trade up is a big win for Pittsburgh, but taking Pickett — in the eyes of PFF — is not. He was the No. 4 ranked quarterback in the 2022 class on PFF’s Big Board. There’s some serious concern with how his game is going to translate in the NFL. The Pitt quarterback averaged 3.19 seconds per throw in 2021, tying for the third-slowest mark in the FBS. In fact, it would have been the slowest among NFL quarterbacks this past season. While Pickett is a quality athlete, he’s nowhere near dynamic enough to make his hay on the ground in the professional ranks. Holding onto the ball often welcomes pressure, and Pickett was charged with 34 pressures this past season, tying for the second-most in the FBS. He has to be quicker and more decisive with his decision-making instead of panicking and holding onto the ball. And speeding up a quarterback’s processing is easier said than done — it’s a significant issue”

Again though. They clamored about his short and intermediate game. So it runs counter intuitive
Yea that’s really dumb. Glass half empty outlook. They see it as slow processing, and most see it as a QB that is good at creating something out of nothing… What Ben did for decades.

PFF has always been a Steelers hater.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that’s really dumb. Glass half empty outlook. They see it as slow processing, and most see it as a QB that is good at creating something out of nothing… What Ben did for decades.

PFF has always been a Steelers hater.
Like i said. They say that, but then say that his massive grading leap is in his ability to get rid of the ball quick and take whats given.. but no , he holds the ball too long? Hero ball? Yeh. Wentz ball? At times.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i said. They say that, but then say that his massive grading leap is in his ability to get rid of the ball quick and take whats given.. but no , he holds the ball too long? Hero ball? Yeh. Wentz ball? At times.
Funny. Many analysts during the draft touted Pickett as the best prospect at moving through progressions. Meaning his processing skills are the best of the class.

These idiots can’t have it both ways