• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Off-season Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Palat signing, he was basically my choice this off-season.

Put him on a line with Nico, I think their styles mesh well. Also think he works wonders for Nico leadership wise.

Now I'd love to see us add some depth grit/leadership/role player types.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Palat signing, he was basically my choice this off-season.

Put him on a line with Nico, I think their styles mesh well. Also think he works wonders for Nico leadership wise.

Now I'd love to see us add some depth grit/leadership/role player types.
The leadership and Clutch history ae the only reasons I'm good with this. Otherwise the only tome he's scored more than 20 goals was 8 years ago

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The leadership and Clutch history ae the only reasons I'm good with this. Otherwise the only tome he's scored more than 20 goals was 8 years ago

If his game makes him a $4.5 per player the intangibles make him $6. I'm assuming it'll be front loaded so worst case we ship him to Arizona in year 5. But again, we desperately need winners on this team. We dodged a bullet with Johnny, guy is fragile mentally, we need killers.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his game makes him a $4.5 per player the intangibles make him $6. I'm assuming it'll be front loaded so worst case we ship him to Arizona in year 5. But again, we desperately need winners on this team. We dodged a bullet with Johnny, guy is fragile mentally, we need killers.
very true.... he's basically our new Coleman(more accomplished)... great guy to have for our young core and hopefully the change in winning comes sooner than later.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also doubt we make anymore big acquisitions so it's up to our in house guys to step up. Holtz needs to become Laine 2.0. Mercer needs to put it together for a full season. Ty Smith needs to somehow rebound. One of our 40 meh defense prospects needs to break out.

Bratt, Jack, Nico, Yegor all need to continue to produce and stay healthy.

Blackwood also needs to regain that 1A confidence. Hopefully with all the Covid bullshit over with, injuries behind him he's healthy and focused. We need him to get back.

I think adding Andrew Brunette as an assistant (he was a Jack Adams finalist) is huge. We need to knock the defensive coach hire out of the park. We can't possibly be worse defensively.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coming from a guy(me) who often at time guilty of overreaction, i'm surprised with high volume of pessy views on the length of Palat's deal. I'm like seriously? if by age 35/36 and his contract at 6mm annually is our biggest issue, sign me up!

perhaps its more due to the fallout of missing JG... beer googles type syndrome.

Hell I'm still depressed from missing Slaf.... real fucking deperessed.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also doubt we make anymore big acquisitions so it's up to our in house guys to step up. Holtz needs to become Laine 2.0. Mercer needs to put it together for a full season. Ty Smith needs to somehow rebound. One of our 40 meh defense prospects needs to break out.

Bratt, Jack, Nico, Yegor all need to continue to produce and stay healthy.

Blackwood also needs to regain that 1A confidence. Hopefully with all the Covid bullshit over with, injuries behind him he's healthy and focused. We need him to get back.

I think adding Andrew Brunette as an assistant (he was a Jack Adams finalist) is huge. We need to knock the defensive coach hire out of the park. We can't possibly be worse defensively.
First is Bratt getting resigned at an acceptable deal...

If Holtz can light it up or be put in that position to do so, major progress.

Overall though, we'll need exceptional growth and step forwards from our young guys to really improve. There wasn't any change to offense so I'm a bit concerned we're going through another poor season. People bring up our position in goal scoring but its gotta be skewed cuz i recall few games of 7-8 goals scored but i recall many more or putrid offensive nights.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pros cons?

Idk what to say....

We got bigger but this Marino is at a higher clip salary wise

Marino is still young, bigger than Ty and right now a better player. Maybe Ty figures it out but I don't know that he's a smart enough player to compensate for being his size. This is a win for us. Also locked up for a few years which gives us a security blanket if/when Severson is gone.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it weird I'm ok moving Bratt over Holtz for big trade?

I love Bratt and want him here but if it's part of a Tkachuk I think you have to. You can find other variations of Bratt more easily than skilled power forwards or pure snipers. Heck we already have a Bratt type player in Dawson Mercer.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Bratt and want him here but if it's part of a Tkachuk I think you have to. You can find other variations of Bratt more easily than skilled power forwards or pure snipers. Heck we already have a Bratt type player in Dawson Mercer.
I do too, he's home grown and is someone that can be a part of a successful competitive team. But no ways I'm overrating his value or capability on the Ice due to Devils goggles yet... I guess the delay or stretch in these contract talks is kinda souring it for me(of course, we don't know what the offers were, fair or lowball)...

with that said, he's not an irreplaceable cog to the machine we're trying to build, like you said Mercer is on board and definitely not being dealt(unless a McDavid level acquisition) and we can find other prospects or players with similar traits that of Bratt and lower costs or close to it.

I guess i love the unknown so I definitely want to hold Holtz. I liked/rooted for that selection as he brings his sniping ability to a group lacking of it IMO so I'm not ready to move him yet.

What's concerning is even offering the 2OA, allegedly, wasn't enough to pry him. So idk......

maybe do nothing and wait til he hits FA next year? of course we risk losing him to another team if Calgary decides to trade him

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too, he's home grown and is someone that can be a part of a successful competitive team. But no ways I'm overrating his value or capability on the Ice due to Devils goggles yet... I guess the delay or stretch in these contract talks is kinda souring it for me(of course, we don't know what the offers were, fair or lowball)...

with that said, he's not an irreplaceable cog to the machine we're trying to build, like you said Mercer is on board and definitely not being dealt(unless a McDavid level acquisition) and we can find other prospects or players with similar traits that of Bratt and lower costs or close to it.

I guess i love the unknown so I definitely want to hold Holtz. I liked/rooted for that selection as he brings his sniping ability to a group lacking of it IMO so I'm not ready to move him yet.

What's concerning is even offering the 2OA, allegedly, wasn't enough to pry him. So idk......

maybe do nothing and wait til he hits FA next year? of course we risk losing him to another team if Calgary decides to trade him

I could be wrong but I think the Flames leverage/negotiating style changes now. Before the draft they were still hoping to keep the band together. Now with Johnny G gone and Tkachuk basically telling them he's out the writing is on the wall to tear it down. So demand will still be high but they're willingness to move him may have increased.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but I think the Flames leverage/negotiating style changes now. Before the draft they were still hoping to keep the band together. Now with Johnny G gone and Tkachuk basically telling them he's out the writing is on the wall to tear it down. So demand will still be high but they're willingness to move him may have increased.
true points.... it was a different mindset... ok, what are you offering?

Mind you I'm not entirely sure how/why is Calgary going into rebuild to begin with. For the fact they may lose their top 2 players in one offseason(or consecutive) for it just freaking sucks.