• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Off-season Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in case you were wondering, sounds like Fitz is back, Ruff is back and Subban likely back. Can't wait to see if we win next year's lottery.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Lindy is still here... Maybe Trotz will take a year off and be available when we fire Ruff during the season?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Lindy is still here... Maybe Trotz will take a year off and be available when we fire Ruff during the season?

Guy takes them to a pseudo Stanely Cup final in the Eastern Finals vs the Bolts and gets canned years later...

while we have Ruffles...... and whole bag of him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's win that lottery!!!!! get a top 3 pick puhhhleeeeez!

Really really want Slafs more and more....

Now if we don't win, sucks... but would look at Gauthier as a sutiable replacement... even if a minor trade back.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're winning the lottery!

Did my first sim today and Devils won it:
1652200626991.png

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slafkovsky is the guy. Shane Wright sounds like a stud but I don't think we need another 6 foot center.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on!!! we should be going back n forth with discussions or debates!!!!

i know we're essentially a 5 man crew(girl?) but we can rival all the NJD related fan forums! LOL

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the notion that its easy or more favorable in finding a top 6 winger than a RHD(top level).....

but ironically, I'd argue we have the worst luck in finding that top 6 winger....

We addressed our defensive woes via trades in the Subban, Graves, Siegs(iirc)... FA in Hamilton and just last two years in Luke Hughes and Shakar Mammamiadullin.....

While we did get Holtz, he brings that sniper gift set....

When looking at the core, IMO, in an objective view, they are pretty similiar in bodies, on ice play and forte...

So when I look at juraj slafkovsky, he brings multiple elements missing to our franchise core as well as being an excellent fit. We're not talking Patrick Maroon here, we're in a position to grab a high end talent, high end on top the draft overall at his own unqiue gifts in size, speed, puck handling and force. While I thought he had a great shot, i'm starting to read more and more about his passing than his shooting, so that's the only hmmph from me but i understand his shot is still good enough.

Lets do it and darft Juraj!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to deep dive on the cons for each prospect.

Also, I'm really not opposed to a trade back or an outright trade for an immediate impact NHLer (not Fiala, not a goalie).

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to deep dive on the cons for each prospect.

Also, I'm really not opposed to a trade back or an outright trade for an immediate impact NHLer (not Fiala, not a goalie).
the thing about trade back(disclaimer, return pending) is that we don't need more picks, we need more quality.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing about trade back(disclaimer, return pending) is that we don't need more picks, we need more quality.

Return is the key. If we drop a few spots and could pick up an extra first or an NHL player in the process it could be worth it. Acquiring additional assets could help with a larger picture trade.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Return is the key. If we drop a few spots and could pick up an extra first or an NHL player in the process it could be worth it. Acquiring additional assets could help with a larger picture trade.
I tell you, it'll have to be a can't refuse type offer.... i just dont know. The 2nd F I see, wanting us to get is Gauthier(back when we were in top 5 territory)... so if missing out of Slafs needs to be remedy for me with Gauthier or a ready to play NHL Winger that scores...

Future wise:
Slafs - Hughes - Sharangovich
or
Slafs - Hughes/Hischier - Bratt
or
Slafs - Hughes/Hischier - Holtz

that's a foundation for long term success if Slafs plays into his potential(and healthy goes without saying). That's why the little extra picks aren't swinging it for me. It would have to be first this year and next year the very least. I know/reading that next draft has two generational type prospects, go figure its not this one!, but its not every moment we win the lotto for our perspective(would Wright ever be an option?)