• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see that messed up tweet NBA MEMES put out?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs blew up the Jazz…

Come to Dallas, Rudy.
They do need a big but Rudy isn't the guy. They need versatile big that can score or someone that can score at all to help Luka carry the load. Brunson helps but they need a wing or big that can score, if they add a wing I would add a big or even two. Bigs are weak, Gobert would be a great fit with the defense but I worry more about their offense

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do need a big but Rudy isn't the guy. They need versatile big that can score or someone that can score at all to help Luka carry the load. Brunson helps but they need a wing or big that can score, if they add a wing I would add a big or even two. Bigs are weak, Gobert would be a great fit with the defense but I worry more about their offense
Everyone saw how they were destroyed on the boards in every round of the playoffs and how it caught up with them against GSW. Scoring is not the problem with this team as currently constituted. Giving up easy second chances inside is a massive problem. And that isn’t fixed with “a wing”.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone saw how they were destroyed on the boards in every round of the playoffs and how it caught up with them against GSW. Scoring is not the problem with this team as currently constituted. Giving up easy second chances inside is a massive problem. And that isn’t fixed with “a wing”.
I agree they need bigs primarily but trading for Gobert and his enormous salary is very risky. He can definitely help in weak areas but he isn't fixing this team plus it clogs up what they can do long-term AND what are they giving up for him. They should go after other bigs that can serve the same purpose but not paying him $40M/year. Gobert isn't taking them over the top. Look at all these other teams that have many scorers. The Mavs have Dinwiddie and Brunson but then just a bunch of shooters which is good to have around Luka but at some point he needs more

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they need bigs primarily but trading for Gobert and his enormous salary is very risky. He can definitely help in weak areas but he isn't fixing this team plus it clogs up what they can do long-term AND what are they giving up for him. They should go after other bigs that can serve the same purpose but not paying him $40M/year. Gobert isn't taking them over the top. Look at all these other teams that have many scorers. The Mavs have Dinwiddie and Brunson but then just a bunch of shooters which is good to have around Luka but at some point he needs more
Which is why a whole bunch of us Mavs fans were REALLY hot on them going after Richaun Holmes this past offseason (which - in retrospect - we are all glad that didn’t happen). The good news is even with them resigning (hopefully) JB, they have attractive pieces that can be moved. Which makes @Mecca ‘s proposed trade of JB + whatever with the Knicks for Randle interesting. I’d hate to lose JB but Randle would clearly fill a need along with the “coming home” angle. And hell yeah - I’d do that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why a whole bunch of us Mavs fans were REALLY hot on them going after Richaun Holmes this past offseason (which - in retrospect - we are all glad that didn’t happen). The good news is even with them resigning (hopefully) JB, they have attractive pieces that can be moved. Which makes @Mecca ‘s proposed trade of JB + whatever with the Knicks for Randle interesting. I’d hate to lose JB but Randle would clearly fill a need along with the “coming home” angle. And hell yeah - I’d do that.
Too bad Dinwiddie isn't more valuable, flipping him and Bertans for a big like Randle would be ideal. Then you have Luka, Randle and JB which is pretty ideal.