• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its dumb because the theory is based on the Nets saving money.

They'd accomplish the same by simply keeping Kyrie since his contract expires at the same time as Westbrook.

Plus, ya know...

The benefit of not having Simmons and fucking Westbrick on the same roster.

As for Harris, he's a shooter.

They might not get much for him.

But, they can get better than what the Lakers have to offer.

It is built off of 3 things...Kyrie has said that the problem the first time was that he was too immature and didn't understand Lebron, on the fact that Lebron didn't want Kyrie to leave and the Nets apparently not wanting to give Kyrie a long term deal.

That part of the rumor is fine and makes sense.

The problem is the belief that KD is done with Kyrie not being dependable, wants him gone and would be okay with the Nets bringing in Westbrook with assurances that he would be moved by the trade deadline or would be there only for the 1 season. The problem with that is that, to my knowledge, KD has never been anything but supportive of Kyrie and Westbrook hasn't shown anything to convince KD that he's anything other than an older, lesser version of the guy he was in OKC.

Another problem is the assumption that the Lakers would be willing to give Kyrie the long term deal that the Nets supposedly won't. With AD always missing games with injuries, unless they got some assurances on number of games played, I wouldn't think they'd be too interested in signing a guy who misses a lot of games by choice to a long term deal.

And all of that doesn't even address the likelihood that some team may well be willing to take a chance with Kyrie and give the Nets a better offer than Westbrooks expiring contract and presumably a future 1st.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have resigned earlier.....would have taken him as our next head coach over Ham.
I expect he may not be on board with what is coming in Utah, or perhaps he’s just tired of it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be smart to head back to college.

Coaching kids is easier than these pros.

These days I’d much rather just be a tv analyst than either

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have resigned earlier.....would have taken him as our next head coach over Ham.
He didn’t want that mess. He’s taking a year off and he’ll be the best candidate on the market and he can choose his next landing spot.