• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I think that a lot of what happened with the Sixers is that they were the first team to, for lack of a better term, "publicly tank". They literally gave it a name. Considering the league is trying to promote competition, that's not the best look and it forced the league to take action which is what the lottery changes and things like play in games are about (that, and extra revenue).

Everyone knew what the Sixers were up to, and their fans were on board with it, just as everyone knows what the Thunder and soon the Jazz are up to, and their fans are on board with it. In both cases, it's the worst kept secret in the league.

The Sixers just tried to get too cute with it by naming it "The Process" and essentially forced the leagues hand.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 154,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I think that a lot of what happened with the Sixers is that they were the first team to, for lack of a better term, "publicly tank". They literally gave it a name. Considering the league is trying to promote competition, that's not the best look and it forced the league to take action which is what the lottery changes and things like play in games are about (that, and extra revenue).

Everyone knew what the Sixers were up to, and their fans were on board with it, just as everyone knows what the Thunder and soon the Jazz are up to, and their fans are on board with it. In both cases, it's the worst kept secret in the league.

The Sixers just tried to get too cute with it by naming it "The Process" and essentially forced the leagues hand.

My favorite part was when the league signaled rules changes were coming and the Sixers basically said wait, we aren’t done yet. Lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think whichever the Pistons choose to bring off the bench, Bey or Bojan, could be in consideration. Either should have great impact as a 6th man.
Wood will see minutes at PF and C....he is playing with a better PG. Luka and the other players will be feeding Wood like crazy since they have lacked a legit big man there.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“See the difference was this one was a whole ass r*pe and in this other one she just passed out and woke up with discomfort in her gaping asshole. So as you can see it’s entirely different.”

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“See the difference was this one was a whole ass r*pe and in this other one she just passed out and woke up with discomfort in her gaping asshole. So as you can see it’s entirely different.”

lol

How do you manage to sit down with all that butthurt over your team being stupid?

Do you need to use one of those donut things?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

How do you manage to sit down with all that butthurt over your team being stupid?

He's got two sticks up there, one over tanking and another over MVP voting. If he's not using a donut, there may be bleeding...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

It’s really not an issue. See, the term “butt hurt” is figurative language. The butt hurt don’t actually have any pain in their butt cheeks. You wanna move on now? You want to address what’s fair about one group being punished for what many other groups have done and are still doing without being called to task?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That explains a lot. Never married. I always assumed most Philly fans live in a fantasy world, now have confirmation! Cool.
<Takes a note for next time - can’t get laid without paying for it; no woman would have him; likely short and fat>

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s really not an issue. See, the term “butt hurt” is figurative language. The butt hurt don’t actually have any pain in their butt cheeks. You wanna move on now? You want to address what’s fair about one group being punished for what many other groups have done and are still doing without being called to task?

Sure,

Only 1 team was stupid enough to actually give their tanking a name.

Only 1 team was punished for tanking.

In both cases, it was the same team.

Seems simple enough.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure,

Only 1 team was stupid enough to actually give their tanking a name.

Only 1 team was punished for tanking.

In both cases, it was the same team.

Seems simple enough.
Seems like the worst justification of disparate treatment I’ve seen since society used to defend making black people pick up food in the back forbidding them to use the lunch counter. Either it’s wrong and deserves to be punished or it’s permissible. That’s it. No two ways about.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got lucky when the freak dropped all the way to 15 In that draft.

And many teams picked guys that had no business going before him

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the worst justification of disparate treatment I’ve seen since society used to defend making black people pick up food in the back forbidding them to use the lunch counter. Either it’s wrong and deserves to be punished or it’s permissible. That’s it. No two ways about.

It seems that way, but it's not.

The league had fought against and denied tanking for about as long as it has been a league.

Teams tanked, everyone knew they were tanking, but the league couldn't really do anything about it because no one admitted it, so the league couldn't prove it.

Then, along come the Sixers who decide to tank, then rub the leagues nose in it.

And lol @being so desperate to prop up a failed argument that you try compare it to civil rights.

Speeding is illegal, but you don't get punished for it unless you do it in front of a cop. The Sixers did it front of a cop.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no different than what OKC is doing. They were starting d leaguers down the stretch to "save their young stars from injury." Philly had guys that legitimately had to redshirt due to injury. If Philly got penalized, so should OKC; they were going out of their way to not compete in the current season. The difference of a few words in the press should not be the tipping point.
Philly market > OKC market