• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about “extraordinary” well. They got players, no doubt. Mehhhhhh, none of those players are still WITH THE TEAM besides Embiid.

And bad scouting led to those players getting traded because they weren’t “building blocks” besides Noel, I can’t remember anyone of their picks.

This is where we agree, my friend. Except Utah has a ZERO CHANCE of signing anyone. Philly has a decent market atleast.

Again, no fans, or any type of media shouldn’t blame and BLATANTLY accuse and reprimand those teams for tank jobs like the 6ers did.

6ers got all the shade and BARELY came out with Embiid.

They traded Michael Carter-Williams after he won ROY.

It was actually brilliant because MCW wasn’t good, but he posted numbers on a bad team.

They Sixers were in position to assemble a dynasty.

They had Embiid and Simmons + the number 1 overall pick. Say what you will about Simmons, but they was a time when he was an elite prospect thought to be on a superstar trajectory.

They had other cheap role players like Covington and the big (can’t remember his name) who they traded for Jimmy Butler.

And more importantly, the 6ers had cap space to add a max player to Simmons and Embiid.

They eventually landed Butler and Tobias Harris, but kept the wrong guy in large part because the organizational culture wasn’t there.

Blame who you want on that, Simmons, Brett Brown, the FO or all of the above.

But the start of the process was there. They just squandered a ton of assets and opportunity once Colangelo took over.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Embiid, Simmons, and Markelle Fultz with his broken shot that they were never able to fix.

I wonder if Sixers fans still think Fultz will be better than Lonzo and Simmons will be better than Ingram. lol

Simmons is not better than Ingram.

But, he definitely was for the first few years.

Sixers should have realized what a dog he was and flipped the asset while he still had elite value.

They could have traded Simmons + salary for just about anyone they wanted to pair with Embiid.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And more importantly, the 6ers had cap space to add a max player to Simmons and Embiid.

They eventually landed Butler and Tobias Harris, but kept the wrong guy in large part because the organizational culture wasn’t there.

Having met Pop, he was never going to trade Kawhi to them without getting Simmons or Embiid in return. Hell, Philly didn’t even offer Fultz to the Spurs at the time.

Next…

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood coming off the bench....my pick for 6th man of the year.

Think he has a monster season playing with Luka.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having met Pop, he was never going to trade Kawhi to them without getting Simmons or Embiid in return. Hell, Philly didn’t even offer Fultz to the Spurs at the time.

Next…

First of all, stop acting like you know Greg Popovich personally.

You don’t.

Second, what does that have to do with anything I posted? When did I say or imply they could have traded scraps for Kawhi?

They had cap space to sign a max free agent and did not.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, stop acting like you know Greg Popovich personally.

You don’t.

Second, what does that have to do with anything I posted? When did I say or imply they could have traded scraps for Kawhi?

They had cap space to sign a max free agent and did not.
Colangelo and Burner Gate left the Sixers scrambling for a GM. This led to Elton Brand being thrown to the fire before he was ready and Brett Brown being given more power. They were hell bent on getting a third star regardless of fit. This is what led to the Mikal Bridges trade and them allocating their depth pieces to trades for Butler and Harris and then the poor choice of choosing Simmons over Butler and resigning Tobias to an untradeable deal. People can argue over the level of impact Adam Silver had over screwing the Sixers front office. What people can’t argue is that these decisions weren’t poor and they can’t argue that these moves didn’t have big time impact on the Sixers trajectory. The Sixers would look very different today if they were Embiid Butler Mikal Bridges and whatever you could have brought back for 22 year old Ben Simmons coming off of ROTY and then his first NBA All Star bid. If you have Bridges you don’t have the pick that gets you Tobias Harris.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was actually brilliant because MCW wasn’t good, but he posted numbers on a bad team.

They had Embiid and Simmons + the number 1 overall pick. Say what you will about Simmons, but they was a time when he was an elite prospect thought to be on a superstar trajectory.

They had other cheap role players like Covington and the big (can’t remember his name) who they traded for Jimmy Butler.

But the start of the process was there. They just squandered a ton of assets and opportunity once Colangelo took over.
100%

The fact still remains…

Utah, and OKC will never be FA destinations.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saric

They were given a gift with the fluke butler trade (imagine the Twovles not even getting a single first round pick for him) and then ruined it.

Yeah, they should've done whatever it took to keep Butler. They probably could've ended up with Butler, Kawhi and Embiid that one year. Maybe Kawhi bounces, but considering everything else we know now, you telling me that team wasn't going to most likely win the title?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all done right out in the open. Adam Silver is just a feckless Powder-looking cvnt.

View attachment 309725

Stephen Merchant as Caliban says Powder is much too fresh looking to be Adam Silver...

logan01.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

I call BS.

We all clowned Harden for being out of shape last year. But no way he had 100 pounds to lose.

Going to step on the court looking like rookie Tayshaun Prince.

He's counting the weight he rained down at the strip clubs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C’mon bruh, forrest! Really!?!? You’re smarter than that.

One franchise was, again, BLATANTLY tanking.

You’re still bitching about an obvious VIOLATION because deep down inside, you know it’s true.

It's no different than what OKC is doing. They were starting d leaguers down the stretch to "save their young stars from injury." Philly had guys that legitimately had to redshirt due to injury. If Philly got penalized, so should OKC; they were going out of their way to not compete in the current season. The difference of a few words in the press should not be the tipping point.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is not better than Ingram.

But, he definitely was for the first few years.

Sixers should have realized what a dog he was and flipped the asset while he still had elite value.

They could have traded Simmons + salary for just about anyone they wanted to pair with Embiid.

Simmons could still be a difference maker on a team, just not as a perimeter player. He's still a plus defender that can switch multiple positions with plus size and is a plus passer. Get him on the right franchise with the right coach to realize that upside.

Getting Harden for Simmons (if he isn't on the permanent decline as I think he may be) could still be solid value if he is truly re-dedicated.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither will Milwaukee and they have a recent title

So, all Utah has to do is find the needle in a field of haystacks and trade the rest of their assets for the right pieces to surround him. No problem lol....except you have Danny in charge, who holds his picks too long.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no different than what OKC is doing. They were starting d leaguers down the stretch to "save their young stars from injury." Philly had guys that legitimately had to redshirt due to injury. If Philly got penalized, so should OKC; they were going out of their way to not compete in the current season. The difference of a few words in the press should not be the tipping point.
Apparently the people in power see huge differences I guess.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood coming off the bench....my pick for 6th man of the year.

Think he has a monster season playing with Luka.
I think whichever the Pistons choose to bring off the bench, Bey or Bojan, could be in consideration. Either should have great impact as a 6th man.