• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Ainge effect?

Ainge is the reason they have a fighting chance.

It is probably not for the same reason I say it for all the bottom tier markets.

Nobody wants to sign to play in Utah. They have to build through the draft and I am always going to bet against a team getting to contender status that way no matter how many picks they have.

Some hit, and Utah might.

But many more don’t.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha why are you taking his response seriously? He’s fucking with the media on that because he doesn’t want to talk about what he really weighs. You think he’s honestly selling that he lost 100 pounds?

Or…

Maybe he is just really bad at math.

And he thinks those 10 pounds he lost were 100.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ainge is the reason they have a fighting chance.

It is probably not for the same reason I say it for all the bottom tier markets.

Nobody wants to sign to play in Utah. They have to build through the draft and I am always going to bet against a team getting to contender status that way no matter how many picks they have.

Some hit, and Utah might.

But many more don’t.
B0A3D84B-790B-48EE-BCDD-A2D454EC4604.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, c’mon… it was obvious to a casual fan what the 6ers were doing.

OKC might be competitive this year…:noidea:

Yes.

It was obvious.

And yet, the league still shouldn’t have stepped in.

6ers we’re rebuilding the ideal way for them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they’re a HUGE market, not a Utah, or OKC type of franchise… Right?

3 types of markets:

Destinations: Miami, LA, NY- that is probably it.

Crappy markets: Utah, Minnesota, Cleveland and many more.

Middle tier: this is most of the league. Philly is in this group. They can get guys when they have a good culture going and are able to start a build with a young talented core. They won’t have a shot if they don’t.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle tier: this is most of the league. Philly is in this group. They can get guys when they have a good culture going and are able to start a build with a young talented core. They won’t have a shot if they don’t.
Middle is better than Utah, or OKC.

6ers faithful shouldn’t be bitching about what OKC, or UTAH are doing. The only way those teams are winning anything is getting lucky from the draft.

Period, point blank.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle is better than Utah, or OKC.

6ers faithful shouldn’t be bitching about what OKC, or UTAH are doing. The only way those teams are winning anything is getting lucky from the draft.

Period, point blank.

What the 6ers did worked extraordinarily well.

They swung for the fences with risky upside guys until they got it right.

And traded the players as soon as they realized they weren’t going to be building blocks.

And nobody signing in Philly anymore than they would in Utah until you land those stars through the draft and start to build something.

It is how most teams should START a rebuild. Try e difference lays in that the mid tier has more options on how to finish it that Utah doesn’t.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the 6ers did worked extraordinarily well.

They swung for the fences with risky upside guys until they got it right.

And traded the players as soon as they realized they weren’t going to be building blocks.

And nobody signing in Philly anymore than they would in Utah until you land those stars through the draft and start to build something.

It is how most teams should START a rebuild. Try e difference lays in that the mid tier has more options on how to finish it that Utah doesn’t.
I don’t know about “extraordinary” well. They got players, no doubt. Mehhhhhh, none of those players are still WITH THE TEAM besides Embiid.

And bad scouting led to those players getting traded because they weren’t “building blocks” besides Noel, I can’t remember anyone of their picks.

This is where we agree, my friend. Except Utah has a ZERO CHANCE of signing anyone. Philly has a decent market atleast.

Again, no fans, or any type of media shouldn’t blame and BLATANTLY accuse and reprimand those teams for tank jobs like the 6ers did.

6ers got all the shade and BARELY came out with Embiid.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about “extraordinary” well. They got players, no doubt. Mehhhhhh, none of those players are still WITH THE TEAM besides Embiid.

And bad scouting led to those players getting traded because they weren’t “building blocks” besides Noel, I can’t remember anyone of their picks.

This is where we agree, my friend. Except Utah has a ZERO CHANCE of signing anyone. Philly has a decent market atleast.

Again, no fans, or any type of media shouldn’t blame and BLATANTLY accuse and reprimand those teams for tank jobs like the 6ers did.

6ers got all the shade and BARELY came out with Embiid.

The only reason they even got embiid was because of his injury

If he was healthy he goes 1-1 and the sixers probably have back to back picks of jalil okafor and Jabari Parker