• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be the best path forward for them. It makes more sense than sending Westbrook for "whatever they can get" which could mean they end up taking someone with more years left.

Unless something falls in their lap,I'm good wityh them rolling Lebron, AD and Westbrook. Maybe they can get a role player or 2 that can shoot...that would help a lot.

Is there anyone the Lakers could pick up this off season that's been in the league 15+ seasons that would make the team older?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendrick Perkins would be immovable in the low post.
Homer Simpson GIF

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to practice due diligence and checkout every possibility no matter how remote. It would be a disaster for them if it came out that they could have made something like that happen and didn't pull the trigger.
.....also on the flip side...

Westbrook may have a low bball iq.

But, he isn't stupid.

Even if there was a deal out there that the Lakers like, the can't trade him......... YET.

Technically, he isn't even under contract.

He has to opt-in first and he's clearly dragging his feet on what should be a no-brainer situation at 47 mil.

This is the only power he has left to control where he goes.

Im sure he's looking at those Indy rumors and thinking ....fuck no.

He's giving those teams extra time to find better deals to take away the Lakers options.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....also on the flip side...

Westbrook may have a low bball iq.

But, he isn't stupid.

Even if there was a deal out there that the Lakers like, the can't trade him......... YET.

Technically, he isn't even under contract.

He has to opt-in first and he's clearly dragging his feet on what should be a no-brainer situation at 47 mil.

This is the only power he has left to control where he goes.

Im sure he's looking at those Indy rumors and thinking ....fuck no.

He's giving those teams extra time to find better deals to take away the Lakers options.

Yep. Another reason they are likely stuck with him. Imo, to move him, they need a rebuilding team to make a quick decision before other teams can put together better offers. The longer it takes for Westbrook to opt in, the more time other teams have.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do RW and 1 future 1st rounder for Collins and Huerter. Not 2 future picks though.

Gives us a shooter in Huerter and I'd play Collins as a small C so AD can play PF. Also like that Collins can shoot as a big. We'd need some depth, maybe Monk comes back on a cheaper deal and we bring back Melo for the bench.
Oh would you? Would you do that? Gosh hope Atlanta goes for it...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries derail teams with injury prone (AD) or old (LeBron) players more than most.

Look, you're a Laker fan. Good for you. Root for 'em, talk 'em up here. There's a small chance they stay healthy next year and maybe get a middle playoff seed (4-6). Good for them. Not contenders, but you'll see.

Injury risk only applies to the Lakers? Not Chris Paul, Steph Curry, Ja Morant, etc etc?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm a LeBron stan all the way. Got him as 1a to MJ's 1b as co-GOATs. But if you want to think he's just as good now as years ago, I won't try to stop you.

I never said that. I merely said he and AD make the Lakers a playoff team if healthy. If in the playoffs, counting out a Lebron team is silly.