• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means, he will be a Laker unless we see a Wall-RW swap and Houston not wanting a 1st anymore lol.

That tells me that they either really don't want Wall (which is good) and/or they are leaning towards just rolling with Westbrook to at least the trade deadline.

This is part of why they are asking all of the coaches they interview how they would use Westbrook.

The one thing that I will say in "sort of defense" of the Westbrook situation is that due to AD's and to a lesser extent, Lebron's injuries...they never really got a true chance to figure out a way to make it work.

And before some of the lesser lights on here say anything...I didn't say they could find a way to make it work...I said they didn't get a true chance to see if they could.

Looks like the best path forward is going to see if Westbrook can get back some trade value and get moved at the deadline. Or, ride out the season with him and let him walk.

As I posted before, imo, the best chance for that to happen is for Westbrook to embrace being the 6th man and let him do his thing leading the 2nd unit.

I don't expect him to have the insight to accept that a bench role is likely what's best for him.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone shooting 40% from 3 is a yes.

I like Agbaji for you the most.

But, I could see him off the board before Johnny Davis.

Eason is a bucket.

I like Sochan if you think you have time to work on his 3 ball.

Dude can guard multiple positions and is a good passer.

Got a bit of Draymond in him.

Your defense would be filthy with him, Allen and Mobley.

But, I would prefer a floor spreader, especially if you are keeping Sexton.

I keep seeing Branham pegged to Cleveland. Maybe the ohio connection

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tells me that they either really don't want Wall (which is good) and/or they are leaning towards just rolling with Westbrook to at least the trade deadline.

This is part of why they are asking all of the coaches they interview how they would use Westbrook.

The one thing that I will say in "sort of defense" of the Westbrook situation is that due to AD's and to a lesser extent, Lebron's injuries...they never really got a true chance to figure out a way to make it work.

And before some of the lesser lights on here say anything...I didn't say they could find a way to make it work...I said they didn't get a true chance to see if they could.

Looks like the best path forward is going to see if Westbrook can get back some trade value and get moved at the deadline. Or, ride out the season with him and let him walk.

As I posted before, imo, the best chance for that to happen is for Westbrook to embrace being the 6th man and let him do his thing leading the 2nd unit.

I don't expect him to have the insight to accept that a bench role is likely what's best for him.

I think it’s a lot harder to move that salary mid season than in the offseason

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he can actually shoot

He's very streaky but his mid range game is interesting. But yea...he can shoot unlike Okoro. Or rather is willing to shoot. I have more faith in Okoro being a decent offensive player than Thybulle tho. By a lot.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all well and good. Too bad there really isn't a way to make that happen.

It's admirable they're willing to try and make this work I guess lol.

Smart that they won't trade any more draft picks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s a lot harder to move that salary mid season than in the offseason

Which is why they may very well end up just riding out the season with him.

Imo, his trade value is so low right now, that the only way the Lakers can really hope for as far as getting anything worthwhile back for him is to try to rehabilitate during the season even though it increases the chances that they will be stuck with him all season.

Maybe Lakers fans can start a gofundme and raise $47 million so he can opt out. lol

Last edited:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why they may very well end up just riding out the season with him.

Imo, his trade value is so low right now, that the only the Lakers can really hope for as far as getting anything worthwhile back for him is to try to rehabilitate during the season even though it increases the chances that they will stuck with him all season.

Maybe Lakers fans can start a gofundme and raise $47 million so he can opt out. lol

I’m down for the lakers wasting another season. Although keeping him means they may have max space next summer with a chance at bron, brow, max guy, and tht on the roster plus one exception player, reaves and then all filler

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's admirable they're willing to try and make this work I guess lol.

Smart that they won't trade any more draft picks.

They have to practice due diligence and checkout every possibility no matter how remote. It would be a disaster for them if it came out that they could have made something like that happen and didn't pull the trigger.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-->I’m down for the lakers wasting another season.<-- Although keeping him means they may have max space next summer with a chance at bron, brow, max guy, and tht on the roster plus one exception player, reaves and then all filler

kenan-thompson-youre-damn-right.gif

And I don't see what's wrong with the Lakers getting rid of LeBron and surrounding Westbrick with other players that can't shoot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m down for the lakers wasting another season. Although keeping him means they may have max space next summer with a chance at bron, brow, max guy, and tht on the roster plus one exception player, reaves and then all filler

That may be the best path forward for them. It makes more sense than sending Westbrook for "whatever they can get" which could mean they end up taking someone with more years left.

Unless something falls in their lap,I'm good wityh them rolling Lebron, AD and Westbrook. Maybe they can get a role player or 2 that can shoot...that would help a lot.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kid has alotta talent and a bright future. But if he plays too many games this season he'll get broken in half. He's too thin right now.

On the bright side maybe he avoids the dreaded foot problems a lot of big have lol