• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me? You’re the guy who said that any team with LeBron is a contender. If that is true then the AD injury is immaterial. You made the outrageous homer claim. Are you backing off that claim you made the other day?

Absolutely not. However, injuries can derail any team (and are doing so in these very playoffs). I don't want to hear about father time when guys in their prime can't stay on the court in the playoffs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. However, injuries can derail any team (and are doing so in these very playoffs). I don't want to hear about father time when guys in their prime can't stay on the court in the playoffs.
Not if any team with LeBron is a contender as you maintain.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to sign Ayton they’d need to renounce it and give it up.

Nurkic and hart plus that tpe alone is probsbly worth more than Ayton for the next 1-2 years

Long term, trading away dame, I could see signing Ayton and taking sharpe at 7 as the start of something
That would a fresh start. They just need to trade Dame. If they can get another pick in this draft for Dame that would be huge. Then you have Simons, 2 picks this year, future picks/whatever you get for Lillard and you keep cap space. Sign Ayton.

Simons, Ayton and your rookies. That is path that makes more sense at this point.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m fine with that, he is a project.
With narrow ass shoulders.

You take him #2 or 3.

I'd be terrified to take him #1, which is why I didn't want OKC to have the pick.

Jabari's offensive repertoire is too tantalizing to pass up imo....

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With narrow ass shoulders.

You take him #2 or 3.

I'd be terrified to take him #1, which is why I didn't want OKC to have the pick.

Jabari's offensive repertoire is too tantalizing to pass up imo....

Not a chance in hell would I take Chet over Jabari or Paulo

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would a fresh start. They just need to trade Dame. If they can get another pick in this draft for Dame that would be huge. Then you have Simons, 2 picks this year, future picks/whatever you get for Lillard and you keep cap space. Sign Ayton.

Simons, Ayton and your rookies. That is path that makes more sense at this point.

I agree.

But I’m also not sure what team takes dame and makes it worthwhile for port.

NO would’ve been the one who is already a playoff team, but they already traded for cj

They likely could’ve gotten Simmons and maxey if they gave up on this dame thing last year (before he got hurt)

Best bet now is maybe wash or the Knicks?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if any team with LeBron is a contender as you maintain.

Sure, stretch my point to the extremity as if that argument holds water, lol.

56 games of Lebron and 40 games of AD had the Lakers 3 games out of 8th.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

NO would’ve been the one who is already a playoff team, but they already traded for cj

They likely could’ve gotten Simmons and maxey if they gave up on this dame thing last year (before he got hurt)

Yeah a Sixers scenario is nearly impossible now and Sixers would have likely sent Ben Maxey Thybulle and picks for Dame plus any needed salary filler. Not sure how they could do better than that today.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Lakers on line one. Easy opportunity to clear Dame's cap after 1 season of exciting Mr Westbrook!

The-Secrets-of-Selling-Like-a-Skeazy-Slimy-Used-Car-Salesman.jpg

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They won't seriously consider moving Dame unless they are out of it by All-Star break.

If they manage to get Dort or/and Grant....

They will be interesting.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with that but don't think they'll trade Dame.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando taking Holmgren with the 1st pick would be a classic Magic move. And they might now that Bamba appears to be leaving.

And I called it on lotto night.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers on line one. Easy opportunity to clear Dame's cap after 1 season of exciting Mr Westbrook!

The-Secrets-of-Selling-Like-a-Skeazy-Slimy-Used-Car-Salesman.jpg
Holy crap. You have to make me dream, you asshole!!!!

And others blame me for my fucking fantasy trades.....people be tempting the fuck outta me.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Agree, a year or two ago they could have received max value for Lillard, now it's a little more in the air. I do think teams would go for it but it isn't going to workout like Harden-Simmons. Like you said, their best bet was working a deal with Philly.

If I had to list potential teams going in for Lillard it would probably be desperate teams or one more piece to a championship roster...and there are basically no teams in that category that can offer a decent return for Portland and contend.

You mentioned the Knicks and that is a team you would always have to consider, desperate franchise. Maybe the Kings, they are team that would trade Fox and players thinking they can contend with Lillard & Sabonis. Honestly really don't see much for Portland probably why at this point they are sticking it with Dame.