• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when we were all discussing Monk possibly coming back, I said that the closer to $10 million his offers were, the less likely he would be to return and he got exactly $10 million per. I don't know if the talk of Kyrie opting out and the Lakers giving it to him had anything to do with it. I'd like to think he's smart enough to figure out why they would do that, but they do have their egos.

I mean, PG's ego didn't allow him to understand that by the Lakers waiting to sign him in FA rather than give up a bunch of assets to trade for him, could have made them a better team. Sometimes egos overrule common sense. lol
He got butthurt.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quoted Mecca. Talking about Toronto.
Depends who goes out. FVV Siakam and KD and what remains of their 6’8’’ wings after Barnes Trent and OG go with picks could be considered a contender for me if all of the key pieces remain healthy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even that the Lakers believe it could be done today. I doubt they do.

It's that the team with the largest fanbase in the league will have a certain percentage of its fans checking in for updates all day. Not to mention a percentage of fans of other teams checking as well so that they can bitch/laugh/present conspiracy theories. lol

It's not even that the Lakers believe it could be done today. I doubt they do.

It's that the team with the largest fanbase in the league will have a certain percentage of its fans checking in for updates all day. Not to mention a percentage of fans of other teams checking as well so that they can bitch/laugh/present conspiracy theories. lol
Lakers fans are actually innocent this time.

The reporter in the clip Turkey posted said the deal could be done as soon as Sunday and then 5 seconds later said the Nets are only focused on Durant and that only the Lakers have this optimism.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends who goes out. FVV Siakam and KD and what remains of their 6’8’’ wings after Barnes Trent and OG go with picks could be considered a contender for me if all of the key pieces remain healthy.
Trent, OG, Barnes, and 4 picks plus a few picks and pick swaps for KD and say Curry?

I agree, they'd still have KD, Van Vleet, Siakam, Curry, Thad Young, Porter Jr, Achiuwa, Boucher, Birch.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans are actually innocent this time.

The reporter in the clip Turkey posted said the deal could be done as soon as Sunday and then 5 seconds later said the Nets are only focused on Durant and that only the Lakers have this optimism.
Thanks, Mecca!!!!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already proposed a trade there. I was told by Shane a trade there would just make them a playoff team.

LOL.
If they have to give away the store, he's right.

Vanfleet can't be involved.

No replacement.

So, they would have to give up 2 of Scottie/OG/Siakam.

That's probably not a finals team without other moves.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent, OG, Barnes, and 4 picks plus a few picks and pick swaps for KD and say Curry?

They'd still have KD, Van Vleet, Siakam, Curry, Thad Young, Porter Jr, Achiuwa, Boucher, Birch.
If they give up Barnes they are stupid

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, they'd still have KD, Van Vleet, Siakam, Curry, Thad Young, Porter Jr, Achiuwa, Boucher, Birch.
I’d put that roster top 4 in the East IF all the pieces remain healthy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when we were all discussing Monk possibly coming back, I said that the closer to $10 million his offers were, the less likely he would be to return and he got exactly $10 million per. I don't know if the talk of Kyrie opting out and the Lakers giving it to him had anything to do with it. I'd like to think he's smart enough to figure out why they would do that, but they do have their egos.

I mean, PG's ego didn't allow him to understand that by the Lakers waiting to sign him in FA rather than give up a bunch of assets to trade for him, could have made them a better team. Sometimes egos overrule common sense. lol
Which is why you do what you have to in order to land Kyrie this year....outside of trading AD and Bron.

He's so fickle.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they give up Barnes they are stupid
Why? Do you think Barnes is ever going to be a top 5 player? Toronto is FA hell. It’s a whole other country and players in these tax brackets make less than the Canadian government on their deals. Barnes going out means they keep the ready now pieces of FVV and Siakam. If Barnes is included they may even be able to keep one of Trent or OG. The organic rebuild will never net Toronto a title. Barnes is a great young player. I love him. But in my eyes he projects to be more Pippen than a Jordan. He could be a top 20-30 player. Not a top 5 guy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Do you think Barnes is ever going to be a top 5 player? Toronto is FA hell. It’s a whole other country and players in these tax brackets make less than the Canadian government on their deals. Barnes going out means they keep the ready now pieces of FVV and Siakam. If Barnes is included they may even be able to keep one of Trent or OG. The organic rebuild will never net Toronto a title. Barnes is a great young player. I love him. But in my eyes he projects to be more Pippen than a Jordan. He could be a top 20-30 player. Not a top 5 guy.
Bc they are giving up too much. Call me crazy but TOR is one of the few teams I think a better without a KD trade. With Kawhi they needed more depth and even them they had a ton of luck winning it all

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bc they are giving up too much. Call me crazy but TOR is one of the few teams I think a better without a KD trade. With Kawhi they needed more depth and even them they had a ton of luck winning it all
Masai knows what’s up. He understands the Toronto situation. He is building for the Kawhi (and now KD) moment so that they can strike. The star is the final piece in the order of operations for Toronto. They learned this with Bosh. They can build around Barnes and never see that opportunity and they run the risk of Barnes going Bosh when it’s his turn anyway.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why you do what you have to in order to land Kyrie this year....outside of trading AD and Bron.

He's so fickle.

Yep, which is why I think/hope that if this doesn't get done it will be because the Nets decided not to do it rather than the Lakers wanting to hang on to assets.

The one big difference is that this time, they have a $47 million contract that they want out of to motivate them. lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's so fickle.
Yep. If the Nets are willing to do RW, THT and the 1st's for Irving and Harris, you do it.

Us wanting Curry because he's cheaper and expiring is just being greedy.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masai knows what’s up. He understands the Toronto situation. He is building for the Kawhi (and now KD) moment so that they can strike. The star is the final piece in the order of operations for Toronto. They learned this with Bosh. They can build around Barnes and never see that opportunity and they run the risk of Barnes going Bosh when it’s his turn anyway.
Yep.

They have a solid 8 or 9 guys there and could still land a 1-2 more in FA.