• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion extension = can’t be traded for a year.
Legalities and.rules have no place in the fantasy trade machine multiverse.

It's a full year?

I thought it was until December.

But, I'm basing that on when guys like Blake were eligible to get traded when he was with the Clippers.

Mayne rookie designated max guys are different.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami can't trade Bam so that limits what they can do.
This is not true. They cannot trade Bam to a team that has another player eligible for the rookie max, who is Ben Simmons. Simmons needs to be dealt to another team or be part of the trade for Bam to go.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stat about Zion that I wasn't expecting.

He's the first player since MJ to score 2,000 points before his first 80 games.

If that's already been mentioned my bad. Didn't feel like going back through comments.
yeah, but he has only played 80 games over three seasons. This has Greg Oden all over it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legalities and.rules have no place in the fantasy trade machine multiverse.

It's a full year?

I thought it was until December.

But, I'm basing that on when guys like Blake were eligible to get traded when he was with the Clippers.

Mayne rookie designated max guys are different.
I’m just repeating what someone relayed here. Maybe it is December. I know that is the case for most deals signed during the summer. During the Simmons saga there were certain players linked to the Sixers like Markannen who had just signed with Cavs. Can’t recall the day but you needed to get to a certain date for the Mark contract to be dealt. Here’s what I’m thinking and I’m not sure on whether or not it’s the whole year…there seems to be different rules when you invoke the rookie max. This could be one of those provisions.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haynes reported yesterday the trade discussions were still in the preliminary stage. I trust him over any other sourced reporting. Maybe something changes and/or KD trade speeds up with an offer BKN can’t resist, possible but not likely

His initial tweet restarted this debate.

He tried to temper expectations 10 minutes after he first reported the negotiations.

10 minutes is a long time in the Twitter verse.

The shit had already gone viral and his 2nd tweet got burried.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but he has only played 80 games over three seasons. This has Greg Oden all over it.

Good point about how long it took him to play 80 games. Even though I despise all things dook I don't want to see him anything like Oden. Obviously Zion's a much more skilled player than he was.

But when healthy Zion's exciting to watch. Hope he can play alotta games this upcoming season.

I don't like it when the injury bug defines a young players career. Wonder if former dookie Grant Hill has reached out to Zion on how to manage injury disappointment.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just repeating what someone relayed here. Maybe it is December. I know that is the case for most deals signed during the summer. During the Simmons saga there were certain players linked to the Sixers like Markannen who had just signed with Cavs. Can’t recall the day but you needed to get to a certain date for the Mark contract to be dealt. Here’s what I’m thinking and I’m not sure on whether or not it’s the whole year…there seems to be different rules when you invoke the rookie max. This could be one of those provisions.
Yep.

I think you might be on to something.

It very well could depend on the type of contract.

I think something like that applied to Brogdon with the Pacers last year.

When he extended, he couldn't be traded during that Season.

I have no idea why.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they said they want AS caliber players. And Zion is injury prone.

After the Gobert trade.....the nets are gonna want the moon.

Of course.

But the Gobert trade was a horrific overpay for a very limited player making too much money.

Any team acquiring Durant still needs to have enough left over to win when he gets there.

So nobody is trading their 2 best players for him.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.

But the Gobert trade was a horrific overpay for a very limited player making too much money.

Any team acquiring Durant still needs to have enough left over to win when he gets there.

So nobody is trading their 2 best players for him.
I was informed they can't trade Zion because he just signed an extension.

NO is a longshot anyway.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reasons I can think of are that he is young, long and athletic, they figure that they can at least make him a good defender and he played in San Antonio, so they know he is well coached. I also don't think there was much left by the time they were able to use it.
Yep.

They offered it to Monk first.

But, .....and I'm totally guessing here.....maybe it wasn't multi year?

Gotta think they want to keep their cap clean for next year.

Plus, they would have been able to keep him using early bird rights after the season.

Again, just a guess.

It also could be that he was in his feelings about not being the first choice or he simply meant mercenary, to the highest bidder.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was informed they can't trade Zion because he just signed an extension.

NO is a longshot anyway.
From a basketball perspective, it's not more desirable than Toronto, depending on what is offered.

Not sure KD would want to go there either.

But, it's a great City..

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.

Which is why I find it puzzling that the article suggested a Kyrie deal could get done today, while saying in the very next sentence, only the Lakers have that belief because the Nets are only focused on Durant.

It's not even that the Lakers believe it could be done today. I doubt they do.

It's that the team with the largest fanbase in the league will have a certain percentage of its fans checking in for updates all day. Not to mention a percentage of fans of other teams checking as well so that they can bitch/laugh/present conspiracy theories. lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a basketball perspective, it's not more desirable than Toronto, depending on what is offered.

But, it's a great City..
Already proposed a trade there. I was told by Shane a trade there would just make them a playoff team.

LOL.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, it's a great City..
Huge loss of income. In that tax bracket, Canada takes more than half of your earnings.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even that the Lakers believe it could be done today. I doubt they do.

It's that the team with the largest fanbase in the league will have a certain percentage of its fans checking in for updates all day. Not to mention a percentage of fans of other teams checking as well so that they can bitch/laugh/present conspiracy theories. lol
:lol:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already proposed a trade there. I was told by Shane a trade there would just make them a playoff team.

LOL.
Because you traded Ingram and Zion in the deal. So it’s McCollum and KD and a bunch of role players. Yep. Not a finals contender. Not even close.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

They offered it to Monk first.

But, .....and I'm totally guessing here.....maybe it wasn't multi year?

Gotta think they want to keep their cap clean for next year.

Plus, they would have been able to keep him using early bird rights after the season.

Again, just a guess.

It also could be that he was in his feelings about not being the first choice or he simply meant mercenary, to the highest bidder.

I remember when we were all discussing Monk possibly coming back, I said that the closer to $10 million his offers were, the less likely he would be to return and he got exactly $10 million per. I don't know if the talk of Kyrie opting out and the Lakers giving it to him had anything to do with it. I'd like to think he's smart enough to figure out why they would do that, but they do have their egos.

I mean, PG's ego didn't allow him to understand that by the Lakers waiting to sign him in FA rather than give up a bunch of assets to trade for him, could have made them a better team. Sometimes egos overrule common sense. lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if Ayton ended up with the Nets. That would mean they’re dealing Simmons out as well. Ayton is lesser version of Joel Embiid. He would clog the lane for Simmons.
Never happen but RW, Simmons and Ayton?

LOL.