• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Zion, Ingram and 4 picks.

Graham
CJ
KD
Nance
Jonas

Bench

Daniels
Temple
Murphy
Marshall
Hernangomez
Hayes

The bench isn't that great, they would need to add a forward or 2.

They can’t trade Zion and Ingram.

If the Nets are willing to gamble on Zion, he has way more upside than anyone else they could get.

Zion + salary filler + 3 picks would be a great package for KD.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not even that. The only time the Lakers made noise in the LeBron AD era they needed a once in a lifetime 5 month Covid pause and resumption for their key pieces to be healthy enough to compete. I’ll be the house on a 1-15 play that a shut down and resumption 5 months later is not happening. I’m always here for you guys if you want to just give me money.
They still had a damn good team. I will go with the little to no depth reasoning over that. They had more depth and shooting on that team. They have little to no shooting now. They have no chance with Russ. With Kyrie I would put them in the top 5 west. If we get star AD, they are still very dangerous but the bench is garbage at this point

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if they grab Harris too, it’s a perfect fit. They still have little to no depth. That isn’t going away. They would need to get valuable role players willing to sign for the minimum. Not sure I like the Walker for MLE signing

The only reasons I can think of are that he is young, long and athletic, they figure that they can at least make him a good defender and he played in San Antonio, so they know he is well coached. I also don't think there was much left by the time they were able to use it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Nets are willing to gamble on Zion, he has way more upside than anyone else they could get.

Zion extension = can’t be traded for a year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reasons I can think of are that he is young, long and athletic, they figure that they can at least make him a good defender and he played in San Antonio, so they know he is well coached. I also don't think there was much left by the time they were able to use it.
Risky to wait till after a possible Kyrie trade as well. They waited last season and it didn’t workout for the best

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is the biggest factor in it all going to shit. That can’t be argued. Earlier I was pushing back on the idea that keeping Kyrie could also keep KD. It’s too far gone at this point to change the course. Nets super team is dead.

Undoubtedly.

But I don't think we can pretend to know KD's entire rationale here.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still had a damn good team. I will go with the little to no depth reasoning over that. They had more depth and shooting on that team. They have little to no shooting now. They have no chance with Russ. With Kyrie I would put them in the top 5 west. If we get star AD, they are still very dangerous but the bench is garbage at this point
You’re not wrong. I’m just saying that the bench is like step 2 or 3. They have step 1 depending on LeBron and AD. Your point works well in conjunction with mine. If they lack depth, that means they lean even more on AD and LeBron carrying them through 82 leaving them less likely to be healthy for the playoffs. Right now they’re just idling and waiting on a rebuild, selling their season ticket base on being able to come out and see LeBron. They got a banner though out of the deal which is more than I can say for my squad’s efforts.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wouldn’t do that. Zion is not reliable, KD is already somewhat injury prone and getting older. Ingram should be their “untouchable”

I wouldn't do the deal for KD in their position at all.

If they want to take a big swing I'd do it for a younger player.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, they said they want AS caliber players. And Zion is injury prone.

After the Gobert trade.....the nets are gonna want the moon.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think @DJ? You put up 200 and it pays out $3,000 for a Lakers championship. I have Venmo and PayPal.
Of course we aren't winning it all.

You think I'm a fucking fool? 1st rule of betting is bet with your head, not your heart.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just gonna jump back into sales mode here and point out that the best situation for Nets going forward is to do the Philly deal. The Suns deal won’t net them anything they can build around. They don’t want Ayton, Mikal Bridges is no better than the 3rd or 4th player on a contender. The Sixers offer nice complements to the investment the Nets have already made. Harris and Simmons bring out the best in each other. Marks entire career hinges now on the Simmons asset working out. He’d be wise individually to get pieces that work with Simmons. If there was no Joel Embiid already in Philly clogging the lane, a Harris/Simmons pairing would have been worth investment if they can get another star to go with them at the 2. Brooklyn is a destination for FA that Philly and most other franchises is not. They could become a 42-45 win team with Simmons Harris Maxey and the role players they already have. They shed salary and they’re ready to take on a max to add to that team. They already traded their future to the Rockets so a traditional tank rebuild is out. This is the best path for the Nets. The only variable is Harden making amends with KD and Embiid recruiting the fuck out of him and stroking that ego.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still had a damn good team. I will go with the little to no depth reasoning over that. They had more depth and shooting on that team. They have little to no shooting now.
That team was thought to have no shooting either and they came through.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what the Durant trade does to their luxury tax standing though? Of course the Lakers can't play hardball, but that doesn't mean they can't ask.
Absolutely.

Which is why I find it puzzling that the article suggested a Kyrie deal could get done today, while saying in the very next sentence, only the Lakers have that belief because the Nets are only focused on Durant.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team was thought to have no shooting either and they came through.
They still had better role players. Who are the role players now? Walker, Jones and THT. That’s pretty bad

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.

Which is why I find it puzzling that the article suggested a Kyrie deal could get done today, while saying in the very next sentence, only the Lakers have that belief because the Nets are only focused on Durant.
Haynes reported yesterday the trade discussions were still in the preliminary stage. I trust him over any other sourced reporting. Maybe something changes and/or KD trade speeds up with an offer BKN can’t resist, possible but not likely

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Zion, Ingram and 4 picks.

Graham
CJ
KD
Nance
Jonas

Bench

Daniels
Temple
Murphy
Marshall
Hernangomez
Hayes

The bench isn't that great, they would need to add a forward or 2.
What part of Zion agreed on the Superman and can't be traded is confusing?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A stat about Zion that I wasn't expecting.

He's the first player since MJ to score 2,000 points before his 80th games.

If that's already been mentioned my bad. Didn't feel like going back through comments.