• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. But I kinda sorta get where they're coming from. The fact that the Nets seem more than ok giving Harris away makes me pause. Harris is a good player. He's better than Curry. And they just want to give him up? That makes me pause and go "Wait, is his ankle fucked up more than anyone else knows?". He's perfect role player healthy. But if he's busted up, I'd rather have Curry.

That said, they're fucking stupid if they let this deal fall through over Joe Harris. The conversation should go like:

Nets: Take Harris too.

Lakers: We want Curry.

Nets: No.

Lakers: Ok, we'll take Harris.

That's it. It's over. Done deal. This franchise made a fucking horrendous trade for Russell Westbrook and they've somehow fallen ass backwards into a deal that gets them an all star who is a much better fit AND a solid starter role player. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE THE DEAL
Curry is an expiring too. Harris has two more yeara

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this.

Haven't the Lakers learned their lesson about haggling?

You did this with George thinking you'd get him in the Summer if all else fails.

Why in GAWDS name would you not go all in to prevent another team from beating your poo poo platter offer.

I can't think of a single NBA team that couldn't match your best offer.
Harris is a better player than Russ, fit too. I’m not sure why Philly would want Kyrie, that’s what doesn’t make sense. Plus Harden and Kyrie didnt actually get along…I can’t believe that one

I heard that Dallas wasn’t interested on Kyrie but losing Brunson could definitely change things and if they just have to beat the Lakers best offer…might be worth the risk. Imo I think Dallas needs to steer clear.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s better than Curry, I get the injury issues though and that could be why
Their respective contracts is also an issue.... LAL probably doesn't want to pay Harris nearly $20 million per.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. But I kinda sorta get where they're coming from. The fact that the Nets seem more than ok giving Harris away makes me pause. Harris is a good player. He's better than Curry. And they just want to give him up? That makes me pause and go "Wait, is his ankle fucked up more than anyone else knows?". He's perfect role player healthy. But if he's busted up, I'd rather have Curry.

That said, they're fucking stupid if they let this deal fall through over Joe Harris. The conversation should go like:

Nets: Take Harris too.

Lakers: We want Curry.

Nets: No.

Lakers: Ok, we'll take Harris.

That's it. It's over. Done deal. This franchise made a fucking horrendous trade for Russell Westbrook and they've somehow fallen ass backwards into a deal that gets them an all star who is a much better fit AND a solid starter role player. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE THE DEAL

Nothing wrong with a little bit of negotiation. As long as no one else wants Kyrie, the Nets don't exactly have a ton of leverage either. Right now, this is 2 teams, each trying to move a player no one wants, including them and each receiving a player that, under normal circumstances, they wouldn't want either.

If I had to bet, the deal will end up being the one one with Harris. There's nothing wrong with the Lakers asking for Curry over Harris, especially if they are willing to sweeten the deal by adding another pick and/or a young player like THT or Reaves if the Nets have interest in either.

It only becomes a problem if the Lakers try to overplay their hand by insisting on Curry over Harris.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris is a better player than Russ, fit too. I’m not sure why Philly would want Kyrie, that’s what doesn’t make sense. Plus Harden and Kyrie didnt actually get along…I can’t believe that one

The reports that came out at the time were that KD wanted Harden, but Kyrie did not.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their respective contracts is also an issue.... LAL probably doesn't want to pay Harris nearly $20 million per.
Makes 18.6 mill, but point taken.....for 2 years. Probably want Curry since he is expiring next summer.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyrie lands elsewhere, will KD stay in Brooklyn?

Doubtful, for 2 reasons.

1. The Nets have made moving KD their priority, so it seems likely that KD will be moved before Kyrie.

2. Based on what he has said, KD seems to blame the Nets for Kyrie wanting out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

Again: Did anyone actually listen to the clip?

To paraphrase.....

The Lakers touched base with the Nets and there is OPTIMISM, at least from the Lakers side, that they can get a deal done.

But, for the Nets, it's all about Kevin Durant. That is their focus.

He also suggested Durant would get dealt to the Jazz or Pelicans....lol

The Pels could offer a very competitive package if willing (and if Durant would sign off)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another issue that all of us Cyber-GM's are not taking into consideration....

According to Bobby Marks, that 11 mil dollars difference in Kyrie and Westbrook's salary will cost the Nets 70 mil in Luxury tax payments.

The Lakers are being ridiculous.

Eat whatever contract necessary and avoid being outbid.
Who knows what the Durant trade does to their luxury tax standing though? Of course the Lakers can't play hardball, but that doesn't mean they can't ask.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was to put odds on where Irving ends up:

40% LAL

30% Dallas

20% Philly

10% Chicago

negative a million %- Boston. LOL.

If you believe what Irving is saying, this is for a one year rental as he intends to get to LA next offseason if not now. That changes those percentages IMO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris to Cavs
Westbrook, picks to Nets
Kyrie, Sexton to Lakers

confirmed, lol
charlie sheen smoke GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe what Irving is saying, this is for a one year rental as he intends to get to LA next offseason if not now. That changes those percentages IMO.
The only team giving up assets for a one year rental is LA. Even if Harris is a bad contract he is still a decent fit in Philly. No reason to give him up for a player that could potentially sit out or not want to play in Philly. Dallas doesn’t make sense of my pure speculation. It’s not the type of player Cuban would take a risk on, he is a very smart guy. He knows better, more likely they go after Sexton in a sign-and-trade but that seems unlikely bc they would have to overpay

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pels could offer a very competitive package if willing (and if Durant would sign off)
Yep.

Zion, Ingram and 4 picks.

Graham
CJ
KD
Nance
Jonas

Bench

Daniels
Temple
Murphy
Marshall
Hernangomez
Hayes

The bench isn't that great, they would need to add a forward or 2.