• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this.

Haven't the Lakers learned their lesson about haggling?

You did this with George thinking you'd get him in the Summer if all else fails.

Why in GAWDS name would you not go all in to prevent another team from beating your poo poo platter offer.

I can't think of a single NBA team that couldn't match your best offer.
the Mavs make a lot of sense to me.

The Sixers would too- if they offered Maxey and Harris its game over- he is a Sixer.

but Harden would have to play with Irving again, lol.

the NBA is just high comedy at this point

Irving demands a trade to get away from LeBron- and is now demanding a trade to go play with LeBron again. Its just too funny. Rudy Gobert goes for 4 first round picks and a good young player or two.

Honestly though- Pelicans have a TON of picks between their own and the Holliday deal.

not a bad core to join Ingram, McCollum, Zion and Valuncinas- who is actually a damn good fucking center.

Would 7 first round picks get it done for Durant? lol.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Lakers fans watching Summer League?

Pippen Jr. is not a pg.

If he is, it will be in name only like Lou Williams, Reggie Jackson, Monta Ellis, Jamal Murray.

He sure likes to score.

Pretty decent at it against summer league caliber players.

Gonna be interesting to see if he can do it in the G League.

He looks kinda smallish.
dude was undrafted for a reason

but when you have no depth and have to give a bunch of young guys playing time- sometimes you find a guy or two

i remember when the Cavs were stacked they just did not have the PT for HArris- a 2nd rounder- then he blossomed in Brooklyn with PT

as I said in my last post- id take Harris on the Cavs if Sexton leaves. Would be nice to have a knock down 3 pt shooter that can move a little on D. Basically a rich mans Duncan Robinson. I trust Harris WAY more- on both ends of the court.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus- I have said this before----- Durant is not as big a get as people are thinking. He is going to be 34 before next season starts. He makes 50M a year. He is injured a lot.

He is signed for 4 years. I guarantee you 4 years from now we look back on whoever got him and realize he was not the asset people think he is.

If you are trying to win now--- and you are the Suns or Heat or Philly or Mavs, etc....okay- I get it.....but I am just saying he is not going to be considered a top 5 player much longer- maybe not even by the end of this season.

He is still great. I am not saying he is not. I am just saying I dont think he is the prize that most people think he is at a cursory glance.

If I mortgaged my teams future for him- I wouldnt expect more than 1 or 2 great years, and him missing a lot of games. He already missed a ton of games in Brooklyn. His body type usually does not hold up well- someone of that height.

his defense is going to start to decline very soon- more so that it already has. His athlelticism too.

I think he should be able to shoot the lights out for a while though

to get me over the top? YES. To build around? no.

I would not trade Mobley for him under any circumstances even if he begged to come to Cleveland (which he obviously isnt).

I dont think the Raptors should trade Barnes for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I WOULD trade Zion for him because Zion has his own issues.

My Durant deals that I think at least make some sense:

1. Philly makes the most sense in my mind. Harris, Maxey, Thybulle, 4 unprotected first round picks.

2. New Orleans has the ammo with Zion (if he can be traded - I dont know the rule on that after the extension)- Zion, Herb Jones (who was great last year and looks like a defensive stopper for years to come), 4 first round picks- some of the Bucks, some of their own.

3. Suns: I dont know how Ayton works- but I will throw him in--- Ayton, Bridges, Cam Johnson, 4 first round picks.

4. Celtics- I have no clue if the Celtics have interest- but a package based on around Jaylen Brown- probably the best single player they can expect to get back.

Other teams on the peripheary:

-Miami- but what can they deal? Bam cant be included. Herro isnt nearly enough. They have no pick next year. I cant see why they would want Lowry.

-Toronto- I would not trade Barnes. I dont think an OG, Siakam, and tons of picks is attractive enough

-Memphis- I just dont see Durant being happy there--- a JJJ, Bane and picks package is attractive- but like I said- I just cant see Durant in Memphis.

- Washington- I read somewhere that Washington is actually a good fit and the article was fairly intriuging. Beal, Porzingis, Durant? I just dont really buy it. Plus what do they deal? Hachiumura, Avidja, a million picks, Cispert.....

I dont really see any other teams that make sense unless the Lakers want to trade Davis- but again- lack of picks becomes an issue.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving would actually be a fantastic fit in Washington if they wanted to trade a young guy or two and or a pick or two.

PG: Irving
SG: Beale
SF: Barton
PF: Kuzma
C: Porzingis

is actually something that you could get excited about. After signing Beal- this type of move makes too much sense for Washington. Which is exactly why they wont do it.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,530.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving would actually be a fantastic fit in Washington if they wanted to trade a young guy or two and or a pick or two.

PG: Irving
SG: Beale
SF: Barton
PF: Kuzma
C: Porzingis

is actually something that you could get excited about. After signing Beal- this type of move makes too much sense for Washington. Which is exactly why they wont do it.
There are already a bunch of flat earthers and anti vaxxers in DC...over on capitol hill.
They really don't need any more in that town.

Last edited:

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. New Orleans has the ammo with Zion (if he can be traded - I dont know the rule on that after the extension)- Zion, Herb Jones (who was great last year and looks like a defensive stopper for years to come), 4 first round picks- some of the Bucks, some of their own.
Zion can not be traded for a year

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because nobody else wants Irving? Not like the Nets have a ton of options, especially if they want a draft pick, maybe 2.

They'll settle for Harris if it comes down to it.

Lakers : man I wish I could sell this car. It sucks and is unreliable. I'd totally take 20k for it

Literally everyone else on the planet: nah man you are only going to get 10k for that pile of shit

Nets: Well I really don't like your car but my car is a BMW and I am tired of it spending three weeks in the shop so I will give you my trash heap and 40k for your shitty car

Lakers : I'm gonna need to think on this one. I think the market could really come around for my dumpster on wheels. Can u do 50?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers could possibly actually move Russ and they're balking on Joe Harris.

Lol. Incredible.
They might as well. It’s not really time sensitive. A team isn’t swooping in out of nowhere with interest in either Westbrook or Kyrie. They’re seemingly stuck swapping negative assets.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Mavs make a lot of sense to me.

The Sixers would too- if they offered Maxey and Harris its game over- he is a Sixer.

but Harden would have to play with Irving again, lol.

the NBA is just high comedy at this point

Irving demands a trade to get away from LeBron- and is now demanding a trade to go play with LeBron again. Its just too funny. Rudy Gobert goes for 4 first round picks and a good young player or two.

Honestly though- Pelicans have a TON of picks between their own and the Holliday deal.

not a bad core to join Ingram, McCollum, Zion and Valuncinas- who is actually a damn good fucking center.

Would 7 first round picks get it done for Durant? lol.....
If they make any Kyrie move, I’m pissed beyond belief. If they send Maxey to get the Flat Earther then bitches are getting cut.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Joe Harris is actually a great add for them if he can get healthy.
Seth Curry is such a poor defender that even Joe Harris becomes the better defender in that head to head comparison. Seth Curry singlehandedly handed Kevin Heurter a bag because of last year’s playoffs.

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might as well. It’s not really time sensitive. A team isn’t swooping in out of nowhere with interest in either Westbrook or Kyrie. They’re seemingly stuck swapping negative assets.

Guess if it's me and I've been trying to unload a dude for half a year I might sprain my ankle running to get that shit done.

The fact they are adding another piece to Kyrie is ridiculous. The Nets would only do this deal because they're getting two firsts, rid of Kyrie, and possibly keeping KD if his trade request was due to Kyrie.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess if it's me and I've been trying to unload a dude for half a year I might sprain my ankle running to get that shit done.

The fact they are adding another piece to Kyrie is ridiculous. The Nets would only do this deal because they're getting two firsts, rid of Kyrie, and possibly keeping KD if his trade request was due to Kyrie.
I don’t think him asking out has anything to do with Kyrie. This is NBA pseudo GM version of declaring bankruptcy. KD fucked up and now he’s walking away from the mess he helped create. Fire Atkinson for Nash. Trade everything for Harden. Harden gets alienated by Kyrie’s vaccine crusade. KD says fuck that noise and he’s bolting. He’s running from responsibility in a situation where he can fool himself and lay blame at the feet of others.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think him asking out has anything to do with Kyrie. This is NBA pseudo GM version of declaring bankruptcy. KD fucked up and now he’s walking away from the mess he helped create. Fire Atkinson for Nash. Trade everything for Harden. Harden gets alienated by Kyrie’s vaccine crusade. KD says fuck that noise and he’s bolting. He’s running from responsibility in a situation where he can fool himself and lay blame at the feet of others.

I don't doubt he will probably still carry through with his drmand

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His trade request was not due to Kyrie.

And they have to add another contract to make the $ work. Just the Lakers definitely should not get to pick who that contract is.

Take what you can get.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His trade request was not due to Kyrie.

And they have to add another contract to make the $ work. Just the Lakers definitely should not get to pick who that contract is.

Take what you can get.

Eh

I tend to think Kyrie was a factor. Whether he will admit that or not.

I don't think he was over the moon over playing with Ben either.