• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A total head scratcher.

But, I think Shams might be a little bit more plugged in than you or I.
Sure but looking at the Mavs salary cap.....they have longer term deals they'd send back.....Dinwiddie, Hardaway, Bertans, DFS. They would have to package several to make it work. Makes no sense if they're burning it down and starting over.

RW is expiring and I doubt the Mavs and Sixers want to include picks for a rental.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving fast now? Begley says it might get done Sunday

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but looking at the Mavs salary cap.....they have longer term deals they'd send back.....Dinwiddie, Hardaway, Bertans, DFS. They would have to package several to make it work. Makes no sense if they're burning it down and starting over.

RW is expiring and I doubt the Mavs and Sixers want to include picks for a rental.
They said they want picks and players.

They haven't mentioned anything about wanting nothing but expiring deals.

Haven't heard that once.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably buy him out.
Lmfao

Again: Did anyone actually listen to the clip?

To paraphrase.....

The Lakers touched base with the Nets and there is OPTIMISM, at least from the Lakers side, that they can get a deal done.

But, for the Nets, it's all about Kevin Durant. That is their focus.

He also suggested Durant would get dealt to the Jazz or Pelicans....lol

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

They are click baiting y'all.

Did you listen to the clip?

Yeah. He says there's confidence in the Lakers side at least it could get done soon, maybe early as Sunday. Sure, of course the Lakers would think that, but its boring out here in free agency now. All the deals are done. All the juicy stuff that's left is this. I'm taking pure speculation as fact now.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. But I kinda sorta get where they're coming from. The fact that the Nets seem more than ok giving Harris away makes me pause. Harris is a good player. He's better than Curry. And they just want to give him up? That makes me pause and go "Wait, is his ankle fucked up more than anyone else knows?". He's perfect role player healthy. But if he's busted up, I'd rather have Curry.

That said, they're fucking stupid if they let this deal fall through over Joe Harris. The conversation should go like:

Nets: Take Harris too.

Lakers: We want Curry.

Nets: No.

Lakers: Ok, we'll take Harris.

That's it. It's over. Done deal. This franchise made a fucking horrendous trade for Russell Westbrook and they've somehow fallen ass backwards into a deal that gets them an all star who is a much better fit AND a solid starter role player. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE THE DEAL
This.

Wanting Curry over Harris is just quibbling at this point.....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. He says there's confidence in the Lakers side at least it could get done soon, maybe early as Sunday. Sure, of course the Lakers would think that, but its boring out here in free agency now. All the deals are done. All the juicy stuff that's left is this. I'm taking pure speculation as fact now.
LOL.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, NBA baby Jesus......let us get Irving and Harris.....and maybe a future 2nd. We'll give up RW, THT, a 1st and gun to head.....both 1st rounders.

LOL

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True dat....

Carry on, kind Sir!!!!

I'm mostly tickled about the click bait title and how he casually slipped in that it's only from the Lakers side...lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. But I kinda sorta get where they're coming from. The fact that the Nets seem more than ok giving Harris away makes me pause. Harris is a good player. He's better than Curry. And they just want to give him up? That makes me pause and go "Wait, is his ankle fucked up more than anyone else knows?". He's perfect role player healthy. But if he's busted up, I'd rather have Curry.

That said, they're fucking stupid if they let this deal fall through over Joe Harris. The conversation should go like:

Nets: Take Harris too.

Lakers: We want Curry.

Nets: No.

Lakers: Ok, we'll take Harris.

That's it. It's over. Done deal. This franchise made a fucking horrendous trade for Russell Westbrook and they've somehow fallen ass backwards into a deal that gets them an all star who is a much better fit AND a solid starter role player. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE THE DEAL
Another issue that all of us Cyber-GM's are not taking into consideration....

According to Bobby Marks, that 11 mil dollars difference in Kyrie and Westbrook's salary will cost the Nets 70 mil in Luxury tax payments.

The Lakers are being ridiculous.

Eat whatever contract necessary and avoid being outbid.