• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick sucks LeBron off more than Shannon Sharpe.

But, he's probably right.

Maybe Dallas.

.......and that's a huge MAYBE because they'd actually be better off with Dragic, who won't cry about taking a back seat to Luka.

Plus, they have Dinwiddie.

Off topic....

If Westbrook does get traded, if he's bought out or finishes the Season on that roster....

What team does he go to after?

I can't think of a single team.

Maybe the Knicks when Rose takes his yearly stint on the I.R?
:scratch:

Probably the Knicks.

Brunson and RW? LOL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick sucks LeBron off more than Shannon Sharpe.

But, he's probably right.

Maybe Dallas.

.......and that's a huge MAYBE because they'd actually be better off with Dragic, who won't cry about taking a back seat to Luka.

Plus, they have Dinwiddie.

Off topic....

If Westbrook does get traded, if he's bought out or finishes the Season on that roster....

What team does he go to after?

I can't think of a single team.

Maybe the Knicks when Rose takes his yearly stint on the I.R?
Sucks him off more than Windy…yeah I think you are right lol.

I just dont think Cuban would go after him. Possibility, sure? But it’s not like they have desirable assets, better than Russ but then you have to get Kyrie to buy in. A risk for any team, even the Lakers

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OG and Trent works under the salary cap rules....OG and Barnes doesn't.

And I think Siakam is untouchable. He's their best player. The Raps will want KD and Siakam to go along with VV.
Two things here...

#1 What universe do you see the Nets taking that?

#2 At least make it harder to debunk

Screenshot_20220703-105330.png

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things here...

#1 What universe do you see the Nets taking that?

#2 At least make it harder to debunk

View attachment 300998
My bad, forgot to include Barnes, had him in the original trade. Plus picks of course, didn't think I had to mention that.

That makes it 41 mill going out and 44 coming back.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. But I kinda sorta get where they're coming from. The fact that the Nets seem more than ok giving Harris away makes me pause. Harris is a good player. He's better than Curry. And they just want to give him up? That makes me pause and go "Wait, is his ankle fucked up more than anyone else knows?". He's perfect role player healthy. But if he's busted up, I'd rather have Curry.

That said, they're fucking stupid if they let this deal fall through over Joe Harris. The conversation should go like:

Nets: Take Harris too.

Lakers: We want Curry.

Nets: No.

Lakers: Ok, we'll take Harris.

That's it. It's over. Done deal. This franchise made a fucking horrendous trade for Russell Westbrook and they've somehow fallen ass backwards into a deal that gets them an all star who is a much better fit AND a solid starter role player. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE THE DEAL

This isn’t hard

You either want to move Russ or you don’t

Russ
Reaves
2 firsts

For
Kyrie
Harris

Like this ain’t hard

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salaries only have to match 75%.
You don't think the trade machine takes that into consideration?

I think you are forgetting some of these guys have trade kickers.

The bigger the contract, the larger the sum if its based on a percentage.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent, OG, Barnes, and 4 picks plus a few pick swaps for KD and say Curry?

I agree, they'd still have KD, Van Vleet, Siakam, Curry, Thad Young, Porter Jr, Achiuwa, Boucher, Birch.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, it all depends on what they give up. Giving up OG, Barnes and Trent + picks. I am taking a handful of teams over them in the east and west.
I think this is a new NBA. The days of Cavs v Warriors like 19 times in a row are over. I think you can see going forward an NBA with more parity (a stated league goal). If the ball bounces right for any of 8-10 teams yearly, they can win it all these days. Watching what we just watched, I think you can write a script where Clippers Lakers Warriors Celtics Heat Mavs Bucks Sixers Nets Jazz Grizz could have won a title going into last season. So if you put together a squad with KD Siakam FVV as a Big 3, I think they have as good a shot as any. I just saw them in a 6 game series and that team had everything except for a guy that they can go to for a bucket. KD may be the best there ever was to be that guy. And the other pieces are in place to play off of that. Siakam was great alongside Kawhi and he’s developed much more to his game since he left because he had to be The Guy. As good as he is, he’s Robin not Batman. This is Masai’s all in moment. He’s earned the right to make the decision, but in this same spot, I think you go for it.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a new NBA. The days of Cavs v Warriors like 19 times in a row are over. I think you can see going forward an NBA with more parity (a stated league goal). If the ball bounces right for any of 8-10 teams yearly, they can win it all these days. Watching what we just watched, I think you can write a script where Clippers Lakers Warriors Celtics Heat Mavs Bucks Sixers Nets Jazz Grizz could have won a title going into last season. So if you put together a squad with KD Siakam FVV as a Big 3, I think they have as good a shot as any. I just saw them in a 6 game series and that team had everything except for a guy that they can go to for a bucket. KD may be the best there ever was to be that guy. And the other pieces are in place to play off of that. Siakam was great alongside Kawhi and he’s developed much more to his game since he left because he had to be The Guy. As good as he is, he’s Robin not Batman. This is Masai’s all in moment. He’s earned the right to make the decision, but in this same spot, I think you go for it.
Yep.

And KD may not want to go there, we're all just spit balling and having some fun. But, that team is kind of scary.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some what agree.

But, Kawhi was cheap in comparison to what it takes to get Durant.

Like, the Suns are a Durant away from a title if they keep both Paul and Book.

They'd be giving up picks and role players.

The Raps would be giving up at least Siakam and OG.

Would they be a Durant shaped hole away from a title?

They should totally kick the tires.

They should not give away the farm and Scottie really shouldn't be involved.

It's insane to think this way about a rookie.

But, I'd rather keep him over Siakam and I love Pascal.
I think if you include Barnes you keep Siakam. KD doesn’t want to be there if it isn’t FVV and Siakam. And I may still be talking out my ass. I don’t know how KD sees them. But as good as he was, I don’t think KD is playing the twilight to sign on with a young Buck figuring it out.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting

More then the minimum means they must like him on some level