• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, forgot to include Barnes, had him in the original trade. Plus picks of course, didn't think I had to mention that.

That makes it 41 mill going out and 44 coming back.
Fair.enough.

But, I don't think they'd make Siakam untouchable.

Barnes is younger, cheaper.

Getting off Siakam/OG money gives them more flexibility and a bigger trade exception.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is people think Kyrie can’t force his way to LA…ohh he absolutely can.

Why?
Well bc he is cuckoo, it wouldn’t be crazy he would sit out the season bc he doesn’t want to play for that team so nobody wants to give up assets for him.
Keep Kyrie on the roster is something BKN does not want. They want him off asap bc of the drama and locker room issues. They can’t just keep him bc they don’t like deals. That would look even worse on the organization then they already look.

The power of the players is at an all-time high.
Yep, the players run the league. Sometimes they find themselves in a situation where they want to work with their GMs and owners to keep things rolling (Warriors, Jokic, Giannis), sometimes they are just moving around trying to find something that works (LeBron, KD, Kyrie, Harden, etc)

But it's the players running it. It's kind of fascinating, sometimes they do things pretty well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That quote is from a retard that doesn’t know shit:
1. Duncan Robinson is a negative asset
2. Lowry creates a high priced redundancy with Ben Simmons an asset they’re already (especially the career of GM Marks) pot committed to who becomes even more important to hit on with KD and Kyrie out.
3. Herro is a nice offensive player but his defense creates a ceiling on his upside.

Sixers have that beat:
1. Harris is a player that enhances the Simmons asset
2. Maxey has a higher upside than any player in that Heat deal
3, Thybulle becomes a throw in that you already know Nets like. Nets wanting him included held up the Harden deal.

You need to package more salary out with KD in the Miami deal. Not needed here. Nets aren’t doing a tear down to tank rebuild cause that benefits the Rockets. They will ship Joe Harris in the Kyrie to Lakers deal.

The Sixers deal is waaayyy better than any Miami deal head to head.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a new NBA. The days of Cavs v Warriors like 19 times in a row are over. I think you can see going forward an NBA with more parity (a stated league goal). If the ball bounces right for any of 8-10 teams yearly, they can win it all these days. Watching what we just watched, I think you can write a script where Clippers Lakers Warriors Celtics Heat Mavs Bucks Sixers Nets Jazz Grizz could have won a title going into last season. So if you put together a squad with KD Siakam FVV as a Big 3, I think they have as good a shot as any. I just saw them in a 6 game series and that team had everything except for a guy that they can go to for a bucket. KD may be the best there ever was to be that guy. And the other pieces are in place to play off of that. Siakam was great alongside Kawhi and he’s developed much more to his game since he left because he had to be The Guy. As good as he is, he’s Robin not Batman. This is Masai’s all in moment. He’s earned the right to make the decision, but in this same spot, I think you go for it.
Who does a Durant/Siakam/FVV team unseat in the top 4 out East?

Punchers chance, all of them.

Realistically?

They aren't better now, nor with that trade, than Philly, Celtics, Heat nor Bucks...at least on paper.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the players run the league. Sometimes they find themselves in a situation where they want to work with their GMs and owners to keep things rolling (Warriors, Jokic, Giannis), sometimes they are just moving around trying to find something that works (LeBron, KD, Kyrie, Harden, etc)

But it's the players running it. It's kind of fascinating, sometimes they do things pretty well.

Rarely

If Lebron and Durant trusted their gms they’d both have more titles imo

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks, Celtics, 76ers, Heat are better as currently constructed.
With my KD FVV Siakam Big 3 healthy I place them behind only Bucks and Celtics
1. Bucks
2. Celtics
3. Fugaze Raptors
4. Heat
5. Sixers

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you include Barnes you keep Siakam. KD doesn’t want to be there if it isn’t FVV and Siakam. And I may still be talking out my ass. I don’t know how KD sees them. But as good as he was, I don’t think KD is playing the twilight to sign on with a young Buck figuring it out.
Yeah.

Grudgingly agree with all of this.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Bucks
2. Celtics
3. Fugaze Raptors
4. Heat
5. Sixers
Who is guarding Embiid? Sixers are better, Heat-idk

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,770.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair.enough.

But, I don't think they'd make Siakam untouchable.

Barnes is younger, cheaper.

Getting off Siakam/OG money gives them more flexibility and a bigger trade exception.
Sure, but they are worse off. IMO.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who does a Durant/Siakam/FVV team unseat in the top 4 out East?

Punchers chance, all of them.

Realistically?

They aren't better now, nor with that trade, than Philly, Celtics, Heat nor Bucks...at least on paper.
Disagree on Philly. We don’t know what they really are until we see new Harden. Hey, I’m a Homer and I love ‘em, just being honest. The only thing that Raptors team lacked was a guy who was a guaranteed bucket for playoff half court offense. KD fixes that without compromising their long wing philosophy that can switch everything. Nurse creates a defensive culture that’s second to none. And that’s why I place them over the Heat who are also built on a defensive culture. Lowry didn’t age well. Butler is elite. No critique from me there. Herro is going to start now. He’s more likely to have his defense hurt them. I think Raptors with KD are better than them. Just my opinion.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,770.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree on Philly. We don’t know what they really are until we see new Harden. Hey, I’m a Homer and I love ‘em, just being honest. The only thing that Raptors team lacked was a guy who was a guaranteed bucket for playoff half court offense. KD fixes that without compromising their long wing philosophy that can switch everything. Nurse creates a defensive culture that’s second to none. And that’s why I place them over the Heat who are also built on a defensive culture. Lowry didn’t age well. Butler is elite. No critique from me there. Herro is going to start now. He’s more likely to have his defense hurt them. I think Raptors with KD are better than them. Just my opinion.
You and I are on the same wavelength, get prepared for the backlash.

LOL.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rarely

If Lebron and Durant trusted their gms they’d both have more titles imo
I didn't say they all did it right. But LeBron you have to give credit, KD none at all.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,770.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Lowry is close to being done, Duncan well he couldn't get off the bench in the playoffs.....it'd be basically Herro and Lowry plus picks for KD?

Toronto could offer a better package.
Maybe Ayton goes somewhere, Bam goes to the Suns, KD to the Heat.

Have to be like a 4 or 5 team deal.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Bucks
2. Celtics
3. Fugaze Raptors
4. Heat
5. Sixers
Oof.

I can't logically dismiss your stance.

KD is that Guy and FVV is a all star caliber guard.

Siakam has already been a All-Star and all 3 are champions.

But, Im not ready to put them top 4.

Translation: Dug in

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a new NBA. The days of Cavs v Warriors like 19 times in a row are over. I think you can see going forward an NBA with more parity (a stated league goal). If the ball bounces right for any of 8-10 teams yearly, they can win it all these days. Watching what we just watched, I think you can write a script where Clippers Lakers Warriors Celtics Heat Mavs Bucks Sixers Nets Jazz Grizz could have won a title going into last season. So if you put together a squad with KD Siakam FVV as a Big 3, I think they have as good a shot as any. I just saw them in a 6 game series and that team had everything except for a guy that they can go to for a bucket. KD may be the best there ever was to be that guy. And the other pieces are in place to play off of that. Siakam was great alongside Kawhi and he’s developed much more to his game since he left because he had to be The Guy. As good as he is, he’s Robin not Batman. This is Masai’s all in moment. He’s earned the right to make the decision, but in this same spot, I think you go for it.

Toronto is as deep as anybody also.

I agree that core would have a shot.

I think it might even hypothetically be better than the group that won it in ‘19.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Russ is bought out…I have no clue who would sign him over than the Knicks lol
Buy out Russ? Signed for league minimum? Shit, I’ll take that dude to run point on the Sixers 2nd team. He can always plow his way to the rim and at least draw some fouls to get you to the penalty. Russ doesn’t blow. He’s just a shadow of 47.5 million of value.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,770.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof.

I can't logically dismiss your stance.

KD is that Guy and FVV is a all star caliber guard.

Siakam has already been a All-Star and all 3 are champions.

But, Im not ready to put them top 4.

Translation: Dug in
LOL.

Done. Don't need any arrows heading my way.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,770.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy out Russ? Signed for league minimum? Shit, I’ll take that dude to run point on the Sixers 2nd team. He can always plow his way to the rim and at least draw some fouls to get you to the penalty. Russ doesn’t blow. He’s just a shadow of 47.5 million of value.
LMAO.