• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

They go to 1.
Agreed. Can you come up with a better pairing of clutch performers in a playoff series than to present Buckets and KD? Damn. They also ship out three problems for them…one they see and two they don’t. They know Duncan Robinson is a mistake. They haven’t figured out yet that Lowry is a mistake as well. He’s not the same guy. Wars have beat him up. Additionally, the best Heat are when Buckets has the ball in his hands not Lowry. Lowry will always have the ball on a Lowry team. They’re now gonna start Herro and he’s gonna be the target on every scouting report for the first team. How does he handle that night in and night out? Not many guys can deal with that knowledge they’re getting hunted and not have it impact confidence in other areas of the game. Heat justly protected Herro by bringing him off the bench. Training wheels are off.

All these problems go away and it’s KD Jimmy Bam and a great franchise for utilizing and developing role players. KD to Miami = they win the East.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris and Maxey plus picks for KD? Ok.

Honestly.

There are worse ones out there

The problem is Philly don’t have many picks left to offer

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t mean Lebron moving as much as I meant Lebron telling teams what other players to acquire

Besides bosh (who every team wanted) it’s a bad list

Do you think LeBron's the only elite player that's had a direct hand in saying which players to acquire?

Pretty sure Isiah 'zeke' Thomas had a direct hand in the Pistons trading Adrian Dantley for Zeke's childhood friend Mark Aguirre back in the day.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the level of growth seen in FVV and Siakam from having to carry the load post Kawhi leaves them better prepared to play off of KD and enhance with more in their bag then when they had Kawhi there.

Shit nobody thinks of.

Would Embiid fit in a Shriners car?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,770.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one universe
Well, here is what I said:

"Trent, OG, Barnes, and 4 picks plus a few pick swaps for KD and say Curry?

I agree, they'd still have KD, Van Vleet, Siakam, Curry, Thad Young, Porter Jr, Achiuwa, Boucher, Birch."

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly.

There are worse ones out there

The problem is Philly don’t have many picks left to offer
Just need Morey to sell it. “You don’t want any Sixers picks until Embiid is done after 2028-29 anyway” haha.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think LeBron's the only elite player that's had a direct hand in saying which players to acquire?

Pretty sure Isiah 'zeke' Thomas had a direct hand in the Pistons trading Adrian Dantley for Zeke's childhood friend Mark Aguirre back in the day.

No. Just saying bron is bad at it lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,770.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto is as deep as anybody also.

I agree that core would have a shot.

I think it might even hypothetically be better than the group that won it in ‘19.
I agree, they'd still have KD, Van Vleet, Siakam, Curry, Thad Young, Porter Jr, Achiuwa, Boucher, Birch.

They'd have KD, VV, and Siakam with Finals experience. Not to mention Porter.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,770.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked Masai would keep Barnes over possibly getting KD....

Leonard was a tad younger but like fightin pointed out what they lacked was getting buckets. KD fixes that.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,770.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Can you come up with a better pairing of clutch performers in a playoff series than to present Buckets and KD? Damn. They also ship out three problems for them…one they see and two they don’t. They know Duncan Robinson is a mistake. They haven’t figured out yet that Lowry is a mistake as well. He’s not the same guy. Wars have beat him up. Additionally, the best Heat are when Buckets has the ball in his hands not Lowry. Lowry will always have the ball on a Lowry team. They’re now gonna start Herro and he’s gonna be the target on every scouting report for the first team. How does he handle that night in and night out? Not many guys can deal with that knowledge they’re getting hunted and not have it impact confidence in other areas of the game. Heat justly protected Herro by bringing him off the bench. Training wheels are off.

All these problems go away and it’s KD Jimmy Bam and a great franchise for utilizing and developing role players. KD to Miami = they win the East.
Except, Herro, Duncan and Lowry plus picks isn't landing KD.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Just saying bron is bad at it lol

How do you figure? He went to Miami and won two rings. He went to Cleveland and won a ring. Then he went to L.A. and won a ring. That's what you considering being bad?

If you're only talking about Westbrook. Nobody thought it was going to be that bad. But Westbrick's a chemistry killer. There's a reason why someone that talented has now played for 4 teams in the past 4 seasons.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,770.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think maybe Lebron the player knew this. Lebron the GM sometimes made it more difficult.
He has still been to the Finals what....10 times? I know he has just 4 rings, but damn.....not many can say they have made it to the Finals 10 times.