• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

But, I players can be signed and traded?
Sure.

But, why would the Nets do that?

Stop playing fantasy trader and think logically.

If the Nets wanted to dump a guy to make salaries work, would it be Seth, Patty or Harris who is owed more and is injured?

If Patty wanted to be a Laker, he could have signed there.

The Lakers aren't hardcapping themselves for Patty Mills.

Sign and trade automatically triggers a hard cap.

There is no math known to man that keeps the Lakers payroll at 157 million.

You can't exceed that amount no matter what.

At that number, the luxury tax line for the 2022-23 season would be roughly $150.2 million, and the hard cap -- which teams cannot exceed if they acquire a player in a sign-and-trade deal or if they use the full midlevel exception -- will come in at roughly $156.9 million.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can do a lot of things with Simmons when he is playing....LOL.
True. But any 5 with Simmons and Westbrook is a bad group. Both guys need the ball in their hands. Both guys need to get to the rim to be a factor. Neither guy provides the other any kind of spacing to open up the lane for them to work.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....5 is more likely. And great passer out of the post.
You can't have a guy at the 5 that won't even take point blank layups.

You have to remember the kinda issues that Ben has.

He is terrified to get fouled because he wants to avoid the.free throw line.

Kind of tough to be in the paint with that mentality.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But any 5 with Simmons and Westbrook is a bad group. Both guys need the ball in their hands. Both guys need to get to the rim to be a factor. Neither guy provides the other any kind of spacing to open up the lane for them to work.

I got it! The 76ers trade Harden to the Nets for Simmons. Then the Lakers trade Westbrook for Harden. Wait a minute. Something doesn't seem right about the absurd trade suggestion.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridges is in real trouble.

POS.

That low life deserves a serious ass kicking. I suggest a couple of rounds with an MMA fighter. Real men never slap women around.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got it! The 76ers trade Harden to the Nets for Simmons. Then the Lakers trade Westbrook for Harden. Wait a minute. Something doesn't seem right about the absurd trade suggestion.
Sixers are almost there in my eyes. They just need to move Harris where it brings back a 3 and D wing that can start and give them 30 plus minutes a night at the 3. Pre KD bombshell my target was Harrison Barnes but before I get back on pursuing that, I’m making a run at being the third team facilitator in a KD to the Suns trade. It keeps KD out of the East and it may be a way to pry away Mikal Bridges, a younger and better 3 and D option over Barnes. It’s a win on many levels. I’m gonna keep trying to speak it into existence ha.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DDV is gonna be a fan favorite in Dub Nation.
Pretty nice under the radar get.
Also stoked that Looney is staying put.

Can't wait til the new season begins....only about 101 days away.

In other GS news....I hated to see GPII go...but it was damn near inevitable...same for Otto Porter.
Hope they do well except when the Blazers & Raptors play the Warriors or Knicks.

Have a good & safe 4th, everyone. <--

Damn right. Gotta box of bottle rockets that I'm gonna aim at my neighbors house. And I took his propane tank the morning. :heh:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,083.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers are almost there in my eyes. They just need to move Harris where it brings back a 3 and D wing that can start and give them 30 plus minutes a night at the 3. Pre KD bombshell my target was Harrison Barnes but before I get back on pursuing that, I’m making a run at being the third team facilitator in a KD to the Suns trade. It keeps KD out of the East and it may be a way to pry away Mikal Bridges, a younger and better 3 and D option over Barnes. It’s a win on many levels. I’m gonna keep trying to speak it into existence ha.
So what do the Nets get?

Harris?

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Harden stays outta the strip clubs and does the right off season stuff your 76ers should be damn good. Embiid scares me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someday an owner will sue a player for breach of contract and win.

If KD says he ain't going to a certain team or any other team than the Suns or Heat then the Nets can keep him in Brooklyn. If he doesn't show up, they don't have to pay him and he can sit home and bitch all he wants. Eventually the tide has to go back out.

Yeah, they can do that.

And guess what the outcome is?

Both sides lose.

That is basically what the Sixers did with Ben Simmons. How did it work for them?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which ever team is currently considered the worst I hope that's the team Kyrie ends up with.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Which is another example of why you don't convict people, immediately, in the.court of public opinion.

But, this one is more Rice without video.

It's tough to strangle oneself unless its a failed hanging or sex game gone wrong.

Her injuries sound like a good old fashioned ass whooping.

The form states Johnson suffered "Assault by strangulation, brain concussion, closed fracture of nasal bone, contusion of rib, multiple bruises, strain of neck muscle."

Pretty sure he is guilty, but still want to see how it plays out.

Not impossible that someone else beat her up. Not likely, but not impossible.

But if I am betting, I would say Bridges has quite possibly played his last NBA game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he is guilty, but still want to see how it plays out.

Not impossible that someone else beat her up. Not likely, but not impossible.

But if I am betting, I would say Bridges has quite possibly played his last NBA game.
I wouldn’t go that far but I will say it could be a LONG time before we see him back on the court. Then we are talking working your way back to get minutes and earning a decent contract. He will never get even close to that contract. He fucked up bad. Truly a fucking idiot

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do the Nets get?
I proposed something from the trade machine a few pages ago.
Suns - KD
Nets - Tobias Harris, Torrey Craig, a bunch of Suns and Sixers first round picks and swaps
Sixers - Mikal Bridges, Jae Crowder, and Cam Johnson

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't have a guy at the 5 that won't even take point blank layups.

You have to remember the kinda issues that Ben has.

He is terrified to get fouled because he wants to avoid the.free throw line.

Kind of tough to be in the paint with that mentality.

I think we have to see Simmons play again.

That was 1 snapshot in time. He hasn’t been afraid to attack the basket the rest of his career. I wouldn’t assume that he will be in the future.

But you never know. Dude is all kinds of messed up in the head.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t go that far but I will say it could be a LONG time before we see him back on the court. Then we are talking working your way back to get minutes and earning a decent contract. He will never get even close to that contract. He fucked up bad. Truly a fucking idiot

Yeah, he is talented.

But if he goes to prison for a couple years?

What kind of shape will he be in when he gets out?

Based on his Insta, I would say he is more likely to be hooked on drugs than anywhere near playing shape.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harden stays outta the strip clubs and does the right off season stuff your 76ers should be damn good. Embiid scares me.
In theory, yes. But I’ve yet to see him delivered healthy to the playoffs except for the bubble year where he had 5 months off before resuming the season.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,083.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to see Simmons play again.

That was 1 snapshot in time. He hasn’t been afraid to attack the basket the rest of his career. I wouldn’t assume that he will be in the future.

But you never know. Dude is all kinds of messed up in the head.
Yeah...and if he plays well I can see them trading him next summer.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they can do that.

And guess what the outcome is?

Both sides lose.

That is basically what the Sixers did with Ben Simmons. How did it work for them?
Pretty well honestly. If Simmons doesn’t bitch out and demand to be traded the Sixers are still likely trying to make a bad fit work.