• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the Nets signed Jordan for 40 mill?

Friends help friends.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's under contract.

eric cartman mom GIF by South Park

Sure, and he's under contract with the Nets, so they have nothing to worry about, right? Just wait it out and tell him to show up and play.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami could trade Bam to the Nets if the Nets also move Simmons (to the Heat or a third team). No team can have two designated 5 year rookie contracts at any one time.
1st I think they'll deal Irving and KD and try and see what they have in Simmons (he hasn't exactly played recently, LOL).....they can always deal him next summer.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami can't trade Bam so that limits what they can do.
I’ve said this many times here in the context of Beal Dame Harden and Simmons etc…. Once a star wants out, you never get true value back. You literally never want to be the team dealing a KD Giannis LeBron Embiid etc…because you will never get real value back for him.

Nets don’t want Ayton and they can’t do a sign and trade in a multiplayer deal (could unlock a third team to get that done) anyway. So it’s Bridges and filler.

For Miami it’s likely Herro and Robinson. I can’t see Nets wanting to take on Lowry for where they’re going now.

Those teams will also throw a ton of picks the way of Nets but when you have KD Book CP3 or KD Jimmy Buckets Bam the next three years of draft picks will be back of round 1.

Nets are going to get fleeced.

Of course…I have to make this about the Sixers. I think the Nets could value Harris because of his analytics with Simmons. The best version of Harris AND Simmons came with those guys being on the floor together. I don’t think the Sixers can land KD. But they could be the third team that helps Suns/Nets accomplish this. My hope is the Sixers pry away Bridges in that deal and send out Harris.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, and he's under contract with the Nets, so they have nothing to worry about, right? Just wait it out and tell him to show up and play.
Well, the Nets want to get a return. 2 years from now it won't be so easy to deal an older and injury prone KD.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve said this many times here in the context of Beal Dame Harden and Simmons etc…. Once a star wants out, you never get true value back. You literally never want to be the team dealing a KD Giannis LeBron Embiid etc…because you will never get real value back for him.

Nets don’t want Ayton and they can’t do a sign and trade in a multiplayer deal (could unlock a third team to get that done) anyway. So it’s Bridges and filler.

For Miami it’s likely Herro and Robinson. I can’t see Nets wanting to take on Lowry for where they’re going now.

Those teams will also throw a ton of picks the way of Nets but when you have KD Book CP3 or KD Jimmy Buckets Bam the next three years of draft picks will be back of round 1.

Nets are going to get fleeced.

Of course…I have to make this about the Sixers. I think the Nets could value Harris because of his analytics with Simmons. The best version of Harris AND Simmons came with those guys being on the floor together. I don’t think the Sixers can land KD. But they could be the third team that helps Suns/Nets accomplish this. My hope is the Sixers pry away Bridges in that deal and send out Harris.
Some team will trade a good return for KD.....but I don't think it's going to be as epic as some here think.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pleased for sure. Harris is likely another shoe to drop. I’m hoping it’s a Kings deal surrounded around Harrison Barnes. My ideal roster next year.
PG Harden
SG Maxey
SF Harrison Barnes
PF Tucker
C Embiid
Bench:
Melton Justin Holliday House Niang Rashaun Holmes

BBall Paul and Shake are deep bench that can back up the back ups at 4/5 and 1/2 respectively

I think Thybulle and Furkan Korkmaz are gone as well. Would like to see those guys used for 2nd round picks.
Greedy ass.

LOL.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it though.

Look at the teams that have played in the Finals last 3 years.

3 point threats up and down the roster with maybe 1 or 2 non shooting bigs, or creators.

I just don’t think you can win in the modern NBA without at least proficient 3 point shooting.

Maybe the Lakers will have enough? But it doesn’t look like the FO is placing nearly enough priority on shooting.

Only so much you can do with the money they have available. When they won the bubble title, most didnt think they had enough shooting. But it turned out that having a healthy AD and Lebron gave everyone else such wide open looks, their shooters were able to knock down more shots. That and the defense they played, got them a title.

They will have to try to do the same thing with this team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st I think they'll deal Irving and KD and try and see what they have in Simmons (he hasn't exactly played recently, LOL).....they can always deal him next summer.

It would help to know what the Nets want. I believe it was reported that they wanted two all stars and picks, but every talking head is filtering that through what THEY think the Nets should want. Young talent sounds good, but if that doesn't mean winning games quickly, all that does is make Houston's inherited picks that much more valuable. Does the Nets NO good to bottom out.

If they're keeping Simmons, they really need to focus on perimeter talent and keep him as a point forward in a Dray style role. Westbrook will either need to be bought out or moved to a third team if Irving is indeed traded to the Lakers.

If they're interested (and Durant buys in), New Orleans would be a great fit for a trade. Even if Zion isn't included, Ingram/CJ and multiple picks for Durant/Harris could keep both teams competitive.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only so much you can do with the money they have available. When they won the bubble title, most didnt think they had enough shooting. But it turned out that having a healthy AD and Lebron gave everyone else such wide open looks, their shooters were able to knock down more shots. That and the defense they played, got them a title.

They will have to try to do the same thing with this team.
And if they get Irving....he took 8 treys a game on the Nets. And made almost 42%. He'll do similar with James and AD IMO. Even his career average of 39.3% would be pretty good.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would help to know what the Nets want. I believe it was reported that they wanted two all stars and picks, but every talking head is filtering that through what THEY think the Nets should want. Young talent sounds good, but if that doesn't mean winning games quickly, all that does is make Houston's inherited picks that much more valuable. Does the Nets NO good to bottom out.

If they're keeping Simmons, they really need to focus on perimeter talent and keep him as a point forward in a Dray style role. Westbrook will either need to be bought out or moved to a third team if Irving is indeed traded to the Lakers.

If they're interested (and Durant buys in), New Orleans would be a great fit for a trade. Even if Zion isn't included, Ingram/CJ and multiple picks for Durant/Harris could keep both teams competitive.
I heard something about NO.....but doubt KD wants to go there.

The Nets may have no choice but to embrace a total rebuild since this was a total fiasco. Stockpile picks for the future and suck it up for 2-3 years.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If even a fraction of what she says is true, Miles Bridges is a piece of shit.

He just gave Jordan a get out of jail free card to continue to be cheap.

If he really injured her in this way, I hope he goes to fucking prison.

Klutch and Rich Paul can't hand wave this shit away.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant/Harris to New Orleans
Ingram/CJ/2023 first/2024 first (Lakers) to Brooklyn

Kyrie/Plumlee to Lakers
Westbrook/2027 first to Hornets
Hayward to Brooklyn

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard something about NO.....but doubt KD wants to go there.

The Nets may have no choice but to embrace a total rebuild since this was a total fiasco. Stockpile picks for the future and suck it up for 2-3 years.

5 years. The Rockets have 3 of the next 5 Nets picks and pick swaps on the others.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty damning stuff. Should be out of the league with a solid jail term.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant/Harris to New Orleans
Ingram/CJ/2023 first/2024 first (Lakers) to Brooklyn

Kyrie/Plumlee to Lakers
Westbrook/2027 first to Hornets
Hayward to Brooklyn
Miles Bridges blew it. Hornets no longer have the impetus to shed salary. They likely no longer have a desire to add Westbrook just for an expiring contract and a first 4 drafts from now.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, total POS.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but you're not taking into account they can get picks for KD.

Sure, but those are unlikely to be lottery picks unless those franchises own picks from 3rd party teams, since Durant will likely elevate whatever team he plays on to the playoffs.