• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say. Don't think the fit is great
If you think he wouldn’t fit, then why is it hard to say? Herro needs to start next year and prove his worth.

Miami has enough defense, let Herro run the team. He’s obviously the future. They can’t waste what is probably Butler’s last year as a option 1 type of player.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think he wouldn’t fit, then why is it hard to say? Herro needs to start next year and prove his worth.

Miami has enough defense, let Herro run the team. He’s obviously the future. They can’t waste what is probably Butler’s last year as a option 1 type of player.

Jimmy is only 32. He got more than 1 good year in him as option #1. Early 30s is no longer old in the nba. These players are different

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a heartbeat…

Give up Bam, soon to be 25, and Herro (22) for Beal (soon to be 29)?

Who would Miami's starting C be then?

This trade's great for the Wizards. Not so much for the Heat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give up Bam, soon to be 25, and Herro (22) for Beal (soon to be 29)?

Who would Miami's starting C be then?

This trade's great for the Wizards. Not so much for the Heat.

Yeah it is a horrible trade for Miami. You give up your best defensive player and a guy who can get you 18 or 19 and 10 for Beal? This turns miami into a mediocre team.

Any trade Miami do this offseason will be centered around Herro, Robinson, a young piece (Gabe or Yurt) and a draft pick

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy is only 32. He got more than 1 good year in him as option #1. Early 30s is no longer old in the nba. These players are different
Ok, two tops as a number one option.

The endgame is Herro needs to step up and be that 1B in Miami.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it is a horrible trade for Miami. You give up your best defensive player and a guy who can get you 18 or 19 and 10 for Beal? This turns miami into a mediocre team.

Any trade Miami do this offseason will be centered around Herro, Robinson, a young piece (Gabe or Yurt) and a draft pick
Miami is going to have to trade a pick with Robinson to get out of that contract.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possible although Duncan tanked his value

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I consider Bam & Herro the young cornerstones of the team going forward. Jimmy Buckets won't be Jimmy Buckets forever. I really like watching him. Been following his career closer than some others since his days in Chicago. And Herro. I like his game. And with how young he is as long as he puts the time in no reason all phases of his game don't improve.

But I have an even worse trade idea than that.

Marcus is my current favorite Celtic.

I think trading him for Luka + three 1st round picks is a great idea.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami not trading Bam

See, I think that's a mistake. The Heat need a consistent #2 who can play some defense and Beal brings those. Imo, it's easier to replace Bam with a similar player than to get what Beal would bring.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider Bam & Herro the young cornerstones of the team going forward. Jimmy Buckets won't be Jimmy Buckets forever. I really like watching him. Been following his career closer than some others since his days in Chicago. And Herro. I like his game. And with how young he is as long as he puts the time in no reason all phases of his game don't improve.

Is Herro a cornerstone though?

Not in my opinion.

Herro and Bam as your top 2 will have you in the play in every year.

If they can flip Herro + assets for another really player, they should do it.

Bam should be untouchable unless returning a truly elite player. That means better than Beal or Mitchell.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Celtics could’ve gotten luka, they made the kyrie deal instead

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I think that's a mistake. The Heat need a consistent #2 who can play some defense and Beal brings those. Imo, it's easier to replace Bam with a similar player than to get what Beal would bring.

Swapping bam for Beal or mitchell does nothing for Miami. Bam is best as a 3rd option on offense. The Heat think very highly of Bam and rightfully so. They are better across the board with him. Trading him for a guard just turns them into the the Portland trailblazers. Trading Herro and other pieces while keeping bam mean they will stay as legit title contenders. I don't even think they should trade herro now. I agree with @ChrisperJ10 . Herro deserves the chance to start for a full season and see how that looks. If that doesn't work, Beal and Mitchell still likely available next summer

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swapping bam for Beal or mitchell does nothing for Miami. Bam is best as a 3rd option on offense. The Heat think very highly of Bam and rightfully so. They are better across the board with him. Trading him for a guard just turns them into the the Portland trailblazers. Trading Herro and other pieces while keeping bam mean they will stay as legit title contenders. I don't even think they should trade herro now. I agree with @ChrisperJ10 . Herro deserves the chance to start for a full season and see how that looks. If that doesn't work, Beal and Mitchell still likely available next summer

They do need to turn Duncan and their pick into something though

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good points.

But Bam just can't hang with bigger players who can match his athleticism, imo. Robert Williams made him all but disappear on offense and imo, it was ultimately the difference in the series.

But, on the other hand, Jimmy hits that 3 and it's unlikely anyone is talking about moving Bam (especially since he would be an advantage vs. the Warriors).