• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it is a horrible trade for Miami. You give up your best defensive player and a guy who can get you 18 or 19 and 10 for Beal? This turns miami into a mediocre team.

Any trade Miami do this offseason will be centered around Herro, Robinson, a young piece (Gabe or Yurt) and a draft pick

Westbrook to the Heat confirmed. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points.

But Bam just can't hang with bigger players who can match his athleticism, imo. Robert Williams made him all but disappear on offense and imo, it was ultimately the difference in the series.

But, on the other hand, Jimmy hits that 3 and it's unlikely anyone is talking about moving Bam (especially since he would be an advantage vs. the Warriors).
Mixed feelings on Bam. Still young but he has weaknesses but major strengths which you need out of a big in today's game. Miami definitely does not need to trade him, agree with others....they need to trade Herro. Another season isn't doing anything with Herro, we know how he is as a player but I think Miami could get a better player with a nice package revolving around Herro. Worst case they keep him which isn't bad at all

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Bam just can't hang with bigger players who can match his athleticism, imo. Robert Williams made him all but disappear on offense and imo, it was ultimately the difference in the series.

I dont know if that was the difference. I think not having Herro for the final 4 games was but i get your point which is why i said during that series that Bam need to lock in this sum.er with CB and master that mid range jump shot to counter when he go against rim protecting bigs like Williams, H
Gobert, and etc

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixed feelings on Bam. Still young but he has weaknesses but major strengths which you need out of a big in today's game. Miami definitely does not need to trade him, agree with others....they need to trade Herro. Another season isn't doing anything with Herro, we know how he is as a player but I think Miami could get a better player with a nice package revolving around Herro. Worst case they keep him which isn't bad at all

Yeah, the problem for the Heat, imo, is that unless they can get a true number 2 for Jimmy, Bam is going to hurt them or at least not be nearly as effective in series vs. a team with a really good big who is strong defensively. So a lot of Miami's playoff success will be determined by the other teams big.

Puts him in a position where, as I said above, he all but disappeared vs. Robert Williams...but would likely be one of the best players in the series vs. GSW.

As you point out though, he's young. From all reports, he works hard too. So maybe he'll do the work to be more reliable on offense?

I'll add, if I were a Heat fan, their FO has earned the right to be trusted to figure out what's best.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Herro a cornerstone though?

Not in my opinion.

Herro and Bam as your top 2 will have you in the play in every year.

If they can flip Herro + assets for another really player, they should do it.

Bam should be untouchable unless returning a truly elite player. That means better than Beal or Mitchell.

If the Heat can get equal or better value for Bam & Herro go for it. I think they're on the losing end of a Beal trade.

But I also said if Herro puts the time in. He's a kid, 22. No reason his all around game doesn't improve unless he's unwilling to put the time in.

Now if they can trade Herro & someone else like you said for Beal or Mitchell hell yeah. I agree Bam should be untouchable unless it's an elite player.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the problem for the Heat, imo, is that unless they can get a true number 2 for Jimmy, Bam is going to hurt them or at least not be nearly as effective in series vs. a team with a really good big who is strong defensively. So a lot of Miami's playoff success will be determined by the other teams big.

Puts him in a position where, as I said above, he all but disappeared vs. Robert Williams...but would likely be one of the best players in the series vs. GSW.

As you point out though, he's young. From all reports, he works hard too. So maybe he'll do the work to be more reliable on offense?
Yep they need a big 3, they have their Draymond #3 but they need that #2 next to jimmy. Herro is not that guy imo. I said months ago I thought Mitchell, if he bought in, could definitely be that guy. Some disagreed with the fit but he has to buy in which I think he would with Spo and all those defensive-minded guys in Miami. I actually like that move. He still has more potential as a defender than Herro and you can go to him late instead of all Jimmy.

Herro + Robinson/players + a couple 1sts for Mitchell. Miami should get it done now

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics could’ve gotten luka, they made the kyrie deal instead

Shit really? :gaah:

I don't remember that. I just remember being very disappointed the Celtics traded for him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont herro will ever be a superstar but if he can become an avg defender then i think that turns him into a top 30 player and great 2nd option

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit really? :gaah:

I don't remember that. I just remember being very disappointed the Celtics traded for him.

Not directly.

But they stupidly gave up the Brooklyn pick for kyrie

At the time they had future firsts from the clippers, and seemingly juicy ones from the kings and Memphis (stupid ping pong balls really fucked them over with the latter

They easily could’ve moved up for luka if they stayed patient or just traded IT for more future assets since the team was still too young

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing about Bam is even though i think he need to add more to his offensive game, he is a more aggressive approach away from avg 22 and 10 without making any improvements to his game. If he goes from 13 shots per night to 16 then he is around 21-23 ppg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not directly.

But they stupidly gave up the Brooklyn pick for kyrie

At the time they had future firsts from the clippers, and seemingly juicy ones from the kings and Memphis (stupid ping pong balls really fucked them over with the latter

They easily could’ve moved up for luka if they stayed patient or just traded IT for more future assets since the team was still too young
Not if atlanta badly wanted Young and very likely don't make the deal if they couldn't get him. The Net pick at 8 wasn't getting them Young.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As @tlance said it would need to be for someone better than mitchell or beal....basically a top 10 player. Those guys are top 20ish
I could see doing it for someone on the level of Beal or Mitchell but younger and maybe still on a rookie deal. Though think that person would have to play better D than Mitchell for Miami to be interested.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to see what they can get for him

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont herro will ever be a superstar but if he can become an avg defender then i think that turns him into a top 30 player and great 2nd option

I am probably negatively biased against Herro because I watched all the playoff games and not very many regular season games.

So basically when he was playing at less than 100% and/or struggling.

But I am just not sure he is a guy that contributes all that much to winning. I would be afraid to lock him into a big contract if I were the Heat.

Think they can get a better fit by trading him.

Strus isn’t as good a player, but he fits the Heat culture better

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am probably negatively biased against Herro because I watched all the playoff games and not very many regular season games.

So basically when he was playing at less than 100% and/or struggling.

But I am just not sure he is a guy that contributes all that much to winning. I would be afraid to lock him into a big contract if I were the Heat.

Think they can get a better fit by trading him.

Strus isn’t as good a player, but he fits the Heat culture better

Yeah it’s just finding that right fit

Maybe herro and Duncan to Detroit for grant?

Idk if that’s the move. I’m just not sure who is even available that you’d trade herro for