• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 MLB Draft July 17-19 - An Extensive Look At Top Draft Prospects

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that they want to get Duran comfortable with OF before bringing him up to play it full-time in MLB.
which is why i thought he and Sam should remain at AAA until teams can call up extra players around September 1st. i would get rid of Calhoun, Miller and Culberson clearing 3 spots on the 40 and bring up Thompson, Crim and Harris. and i would adjust the lineups so that everyone of them would get 40-50% playing time for the rest of the season

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@scotsman1948 Some guy’s especially like Crim are going to and need AAA time befor moving up here. I am all for creating roster spots from the guys mentioned but they will need to move Miller. Doubt if they eat a second year. Just don’t think Woody wants to let go of Culbertson and Kole. I would hope FO forces hand. Would not be surprised at an IL stint for some guys mentioned.
Crim has hit a couple of HRs lately but he has not had a stellar year. Looks better for Harris and Foscue but think they go to AAA first.
Even if we lose these guys just very limited playing time

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why i thought he and Sam should remain at AAA until teams can call up extra players around September 1st. i would get rid of Calhoun, Miller and Culberson clearing 3 spots on the 40 and bring up Thompson, Crim and Harris. and i would adjust the lineups so that everyone of them would get 40-50% playing time for the rest of the season

hypothetical:

what happens if they are completely overmatched by MLB pitching?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@scotsman1948 Some guy’s especially like Crim are going to and need AAA time befor moving up here. I am all for creating roster spots from the guys mentioned but they will need to move Miller. Doubt if they eat a second year. Just don’t think Woody wants to let go of Culbertson and Kole. I would hope FO forces hand. Would not be surprised at an IL stint for some guys mentioned.
Crim has hit a couple of HRs lately but he has not had a stellar year. Looks better for Harris and Foscue but think they go to AAA first.
Even if we lose these guys just very limited playing time
i'm open to anyone else besides Crim but it isn't the FO that needs to force Woody's hand if anything it is the other way around. it is the FO that is forcing them onto the field with things like "we ain't paying them to sit on the bench, etc"

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anyone interested, ESPN has put out the first episode in their Derek Jeter documentary. It's really fascinating, since he's young enough that there's footage of him his entire life. The first episode also covers his experience being drafted, including how Hal Newhouser scouted him for the Astros, and was so convinced Jeter would be a success that he quit baseball entirely when the Astros didn't draft him.

Watched that first episode after the ASG and it was very interesting. I really enjoyed it

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hypothetical:

what happens if they are completely overmatched by MLB pitching?
well Taveras was overwhelmed and haven't we stuck with him? it would only be around 65-70 games, so we let them learn

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand coming to this conclusion.
I think he is sentimental and the rookies cost nothing so if Woody wanted them then they would be up. He plays the vets an inordinate amount. So I put this on Woody minus FO for getting them in the first place.
Woody even played Duggar. Now the FO was ok getting him a no risk flyer but Woody gets on his head a weird sense of fairness. Thus he says he is committed.

They had a tough end to the first half. Will be interesting what Woody demeanor is

If arguing other way then could say FO does not see things as sunk costs

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware of Gene Michael but apparently he's the guy that built that dynasty.

That was during the 2.5 years that Steinbrenner was banned from baseball.

The fact that the scout for the Astros was sold with Jeter enough to quit baseball, after them not taking him was surprising and very interesting. To believe that strongly in something and take that stance is not often common

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is sentimental and the rookies cost nothing so if Woody wanted them then they would be up. He plays the vets an inordinate amount. So I put this on Woody minus FO for getting them in the first place.
Woody even played Duggar. Now the FO was ok getting him a no risk flyer but Woody gets on his head a weird sense of fairness. Thus he says he is committed.

They had a tough end to the first half. Will be interesting what Woody demeanor is

I can't say I've picked up on an infatuation with vets over rookies when it comes to Woody. If he's ever come across as anything to me, it's trying too hard to "think outside the box." He'll hit Garcia or Lowe 4th, then 6th, then 4th again with no rhyme or reason. He'll hit Smith leadoff but not Taveras when Smith is sitting. He pinch-hits like crazy.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I've picked up on an infatuation with vets over rookies when it comes to Woody. If he's ever come across as anything to me, it's trying too hard to "think outside the box." He'll hit Garcia or Lowe 4th, then 6th, then 4th again with no rhyme or reason. He'll hit Smith leadoff but not Taveras when Smith is sitting. He pinch-hits like crazy.
his batting orders drive me crazy

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the FO brought Duggar in and he' was on the 40 with only 1 option left so he was put on the roster and got playing time until it was apparent, he was worthless at the plate, and he was sent down. now if they call him up, he stays on the roster unless they DFA him

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early game tomorrow. 12:10 start.

this'll be the weirdest "series" in Rangers history.

they play tomorrow in MIA for one game before traveling to the west coast, and then finish the series with a doubleheader on September 12 in MIA that is sandwiched between two home series.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was during the 2.5 years that Steinbrenner was banned from baseball.

The fact that the scout for the Astros was sold with Jeter enough to quit baseball, after them not taking him was surprising and very interesting. To believe that strongly in something and take that stance is not often common
Almost as bad as the scout who wanted the cowboys to draft Randy moss, Jerry and the cowboys told moss they would take him, went back on their words and moss personally made them pay every game he played them.