• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 MLB Draft July 17-19 - An Extensive Look At Top Draft Prospects

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I included the "bench player" part because that's what I feel their role should be.
okay earlier i was getting beat up because i said that Woody is going to play them ahead of others and now we saying we need them.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the FO brought Duggar in and he' was on the 40 with only 1 option left so he was put on the roster and got playing time until it was apparent, he was worthless at the plate, and he was sent down. now if they call him up, he stays on the roster unless they DFA him
The option lasts all year, he wouldn't need to be DFA'd until next year, or maybe the year after that, not sure his actual status though

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree, Thompson also has things he needs to work on at AAA hitting wise along with Duran needing to learn to play the OF or 3B, Crim has just barely nudged his OPS at AA above .800, and probably needs AAA seasoning and is already 25, Dustin Harris how could play 1B, RF or DH also needs AAA seasoning
okay i surrender. we don't want to trade or release those unnecessary bench vets and we don't want to see our prospects because "they need more seasoning" so let's just stay right where we are.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The option lasts all year, he wouldn't need to be DFA'd until next year, or maybe the year after that, not sure his actual status though
okay so no to moving him. guess we'll figure things out next year or the year after that

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Huff first came up he hit very well. Wasn't till he was jacked around back and forth til he quit hitting. Again that is on Woody.
I think Huff showed his true colors more than anything, he's always been a high strikeout guy that hits the occasional bomb

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay earlier i was getting beat up because i said that Woody is going to play them ahead of others and now we saying we need them.

I can't speak for anyone else, but let me clarify my point:

Culberson: bench IF

Calhoun or Miller: bench OF

They are the ones on the roster and every team needs bench players, so they should be ours. They aren't the bench players I would choose if I was putting together the team, but the FO signed them so they're what we have.

They shouldn't be regular starters (that's what I mean by bench player). The only person that Culberson getting into games is affecting is Smith, but Smith is getting regular playing time so I can't get too worked up about that.

I think that the Rangers are getting Duran OF reps in AAA, and will probably get him up here soon once he's got more games under his belt. Whenever that happens, my guess is that Calhoun or Miller are traded or DFA'd, and whoever remains becomes Plan B behind Duran.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think the OF situation becomes more cleared up when the Rangers pull off a bombshell trade for Juan Soto.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's very accurate - but also that's not a unique problem, that's every team that's ever been in the position of a rebuild. All we can do is hope that we've kept the right guys.

For me personally, I have felt that 2023 was still going to be something of a transition season... it would be the earliest that the Rangers could contend for the postseason, but not that they definitely would. I imagine there will be guys like Thompson, etc. that get their chance next year.
How I'd like to open up next year, and with trading Lowe and Garcia, I'd DH Jung and let him get used to ML pitching without having to worry about defense while getting a couple starts at 3B a week to ease him into it, especially if the bat flashes as legit

C - Heim
1B -
2B - Semien
3B - Smith
SS - Seager
LF - Duran
CF - Tavares
RF -
DH - Jung

Also in play, Garver, Huff, Fosue, Harris, Crim, Hernandez, Walker, and possibly anyone else acquired in possible trades

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you think?
I'd do it, he's pretty much who he's going to be an above average RF to a slightly below average CF defensively, strikeout a bunch, go through serious hot and cold streaks, not take a walk, swing at bad pitches, he's already 29, if someone wants to flip you a couple prospects go for it

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie We all like to construct a team for fun and yes none of us want Calhoun Culbertson or Miller starting but I don’t mind keeping 2 to ride the bench.
What I would like to see the remainder of the year at least soon is Smith starting 3B, Hernandez in RF/LF and Leody in CF. Ideally
I had mentioned that currently DH is open so another prospect who is ready could play that or we move Lowe to DH and have someone like Huff play 1B although to me his best value is at catcher and if they want to park him at catcher in AAA for awhile I am ok with that

I expect them to pick up the option for Garver so he will Likely be rotating behind the plate and DH

I am on the fence about Bubba. I hear he is taking walks. Duran is a keeper though and when ready I am guessing he takes
LF

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was skeptical at first, but he did hit his very first homerun that day. It was in the middle of the afternoon Pacific time though and Armstrong stepped onto the moon late that evening. It was Perry's last chance to prove Dark wrong though. Lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospecting is never too early for you sir!
The stupid lottery keeps me from being interested at this point though. Lol

Right now we could pick anywhere between 1 and 16, with the exception of 7, 8, or 9. Now, once they have the lottery you might see me showing some interest. Lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie We all like to construct a team for fun and yes none of us want Calhoun Culbertson or Miller starting but I don’t mind keeping 2 to ride the bench.
What I would like to see the remainder of the year at least soon is Smith starting 3B, Hernandez in RF/LF and Leody in CF. Ideally
I had mentioned that currently DH is open so another prospect who is ready could play that or we move Lowe to DH and have someone like Huff play 1B although to me his best value is at catcher and if they want to park him at catcher in AAA for awhile I am ok with that

I expect them to pick up the option for Garver so he will Likely be rotating behind the plate and DH

I am on the fence about Bubba. I hear he is taking walks. Duran is a keeper though and when ready I am guessing he takes
LF
Jung, Smith, Duran, Foscue, Harris, Huff, and Crim are our best hitting prospects to me. Taveras is currently very hot and for the time being has to be considered with them. By some point next year those guys should be playing on a regular basis either here or for another team. Other than getting rid of Seager and Semien, something needs to be done to enable us to provide those guys with regular playing time by this time next year. Whether that is accomplished by guys getting traded or released from our current roster, or if it requires us to trade a prospect or two, the timetable for doing so is relatively soon, within the year.

Some could argue that Lowe and/or Heim should stay. I certainly wouldn't agree with Lowe staying.