• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article saying Couts is probably out for a month and not the year. Tomorrow will probably update that he is out for the year.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article saying Couts is probably out for a month and not the year. Tomorrow will probably update that he is out for the year.

Possible good news? Say it ain't so.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes got 673 wins a 56% winning percentage and a Stanley cup so he cant be all that bad.

It's not that he's not a good coach. It's the opposite. I think he is a good coach and probably exactly what this group of players needs to get better.

But if you're going to make that hire, do what it takes to put a competitive roster together. This group of players cannot win a Stanley Cup. Period. They aren't good enough. Trade the 2023 first round pick, trade the 2024 first round picks. Do what it takes to get guys like Gaudreau on the roster. That's the other half of the plan to try to be competitive without a rebuild.

Hiring Torts is a complete waste if you're not going to add talent. And beyond being a waste, it hurts their chances of getting free high end talent in the draft. There are 2, maybe even 3, MVP caliber players in the draft this year according to the draft experts. Either hire Torts and do what it takes to put a good roster together. Or hire some sacrificial lamb as coach, stay the course (or sell) with this group of players and hope to get one of those guys. This half in thing ensures it will be years before there's any reason to be excited about the Flyers.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that he's not a good coach. It's the opposite. I think he is a good coach and probably exactly what this group of players needs to get better.

But if you're going to make that hire, do what it takes to put a competitive roster together. This group of players cannot win a Stanley Cup. Period. They aren't good enough. Trade the 2023 first round pick, trade the 2024 first round picks. Do what it takes to get guys like Gaudreau on the roster. That's the other half of the plan to try to be competitive without a rebuild.

Hiring Torts is a complete waste if you're not going to add talent. And beyond being a waste, it hurts their chances of getting free high end talent in the draft. There are 2, maybe even 3, MVP caliber players in the draft this year according to the draft experts. Either hire Torts and do what it takes to put a good roster together. Or hire some sacrificial lamb as coach, stay the course (or sell) with this group of players and hope to get one of those guys. This half in thing ensures it will be years before there's any reason to be excited about the Flyers.
I agree about hiring Torts would be a complete waste for this season as its obvious we dont have the talent to win a cup but who know what's going to happen in year 4 of the contract? Maybe he grows the young kids and we sign a free agent or two and maybe not but at least let the man coach one game.

"This group of Flyers cannot win a Stanley Cup" I hate to break it to you but that statement has true for the last 4-6 years.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade Allison had 8 hits and Deslauriers had 9 hits in the game last night. Honorable mention Laughton and Risto had 5 hits each.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Articles blasts every move our front office (over multiple administrations) have made as if they are all new to their jobs and the NHL. How can an organization continue to put people into slots that make the same mistakes as their predecessors. My spidey-sense says this all still goes back to Holmgren and Clarke with their continued heavy influence over the organization. And they suck at Hockey Operations.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Articles blasts every move our front office (over multiple administrations) have made as if they are all new to their jobs and the NHL. How can an organization continue to put people into slots that make the same mistakes as their predecessors. My spidey-sense says this all still goes back to Holmgren and Clarke with their continued heavy influence over the organization. And they suck at Hockey Operations.
Right now our organization is at its lowest point in history. Its pretty sad what we have become. Lets just hope Comcast sells, Holmgren and Clarke move on Fletcher gets fired and we just start fresh.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about hiring Torts would be a complete waste for this season as its obvious we dont have the talent to win a cup but who know what's going to happen in year 4 of the contract? Maybe he grows the young kids and we sign a free agent or two and maybe not but at least let the man coach one game.

"This group of Flyers cannot win a Stanley Cup" I hate to break it to you but that statement has true for the last 4-6 years.

I’ll eat my shirt if Torts lasts 4 years. A whopping 4 coaches in the league have 4 years with the same team right now. Cooper, Sullivan, Bednar, and BrindAmour. 3 of them won cups in the role. And I bet brindamour’s seat gets pretty warm if the Canes don’t make a deep run this year.

Meanwhile, 10 teams enter the season with a new coach this year. 9 more have less than 2 seasons at the helm.

The NHL goes through coaches like people go through bread and milk in severe weather.

Any kind of longevity requires Stanley cup wins. And we agree, the flyers ain’t doin that any time soon.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll eat my shirt if Torts lasts 4 years. A whopping 4 coaches in the league have 4 years with the same team right now. Cooper, Sullivan, Bednar, and BrindAmour. 3 of them won cups in the role. And I bet brindamour’s seat gets pretty warm if the Canes don’t make a deep run this year.

Meanwhile, 10 teams enter the season with a new coach this year. 9 more have less than 2 seasons at the helm.

The NHL goes through coaches like people go through bread and milk in severe weather.

Any kind of longevity requires Stanley cup wins. And we agree, the flyers ain’t doin that any time soon.
I'll eat your socks if he's here in 4 years. The rebuild for this team is a long way off unless you can land a McKinnon or a McDavid. Even then we're so many pieces away

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hahahaha. Im not saying he will last 4 years but if he does i am holding you to this. :pound::pound::pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll eat your socks if he's here in 4 years. The rebuild for this team is a long way off unless you can land a McKinnon or a McDavid. Even then we're so many pieces away
At least you left yourself an out for the sock eating with the McDavid and Mckinnon clause. Chy would be proud of your lawyering skills :pound::pound::pound: