• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I am getting the notion that maybe Torts is going to fashion a group of eager, young players that will learn how to skate and win Torts way and this may be the key to destroying the awful past of Hextall and the merry band of associated idiots.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I am getting the notion that maybe Torts is going to fashion a group of eager, young players that will learn how to skate and win Torts way and this may be the key to destroying the awful past of Hextall and the merry band of associated idiots.
Hard to add to this, but I will...... :heh: I'd rather watch a bunch of young, hungry players that want to be lead by their coach and lose, versus overpaid vets that reek of running their time out on their contract, and maybe win a few games.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will suck for tanking but at least we will be fun to watch again. The last three to 5 years were pathetic to watch.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to add to this, but I will...... :heh: I'd rather watch a bunch of young, hungry players that want to be lead by their coach and lose, versus overpaid vets that reek of running their time out on their contract, and maybe win a few games.
Im with you on this. We should've went the young root a while ago. Hopefully this is the beginning of a youth movement.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the three year outlook for the Flyers... Only the Blackhawks rank lower​

31. Philadelphia Flyers
Overall score: 67.3
SCORENHL
RANK
Roster65.030
Prospects70.023
Cap/contracts65.230
Owner/GM/coach69.830

Why they're here: When it comes to success in Philadelphia ... well, there's always Joel Embiid. The Flyers were second-to-last in our Future Power Rankings: No. 30 in current roster, salary cap outlook and their ownership/management. Not even the arrival of John Tortorella could sway our voters. The only highlight was Philadelphia's prospect pool (No. 23), which has recently drafted forward Cutter Gauthier and defenseman Cam York in the mix. -- Wyshynski

Points of concern: Seven players are under contract for more than four years. A fact like that can be assessed in one of two ways. The first being it gives the Flyers the opportunity to have some sense of continuity in the event they are able to change their recent fortunes. The second being those continued struggles could make it more difficult to unload players and hit the reset button. -- Clark

Reason for hope: John Tortorella does not like to lose. He won't allow the floundering Flyers any pity parties. Tortorella is Philadelphia's best hope of being competitive and physical, and making the most of what they are. If Tortorella can show the Flyers their potential and hold faith in that, the future may not feel so bleak. -- Shilton

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the three year outlook for the Flyers... Only the Blackhawks rank lower​

31. Philadelphia Flyers

Overall score: 67.3​

SCORENHL
RANK
Roster65.030
Prospects70.023
Cap/contracts65.230
Owner/GM/coach69.830

Why they're here: When it comes to success in Philadelphia ... well, there's always Joel Embiid. The Flyers were second-to-last in our Future Power Rankings: No. 30 in current roster, salary cap outlook and their ownership/management. Not even the arrival of John Tortorella could sway our voters. The only highlight was Philadelphia's prospect pool (No. 23), which has recently drafted forward Cutter Gauthier and defenseman Cam York in the mix. -- Wyshynski

Points of concern: Seven players are under contract for more than four years. A fact like that can be assessed in one of two ways. The first being it gives the Flyers the opportunity to have some sense of continuity in the event they are able to change their recent fortunes. The second being those continued struggles could make it more difficult to unload players and hit the reset button. -- Clark

Reason for hope: John Tortorella does not like to lose. He won't allow the floundering Flyers any pity parties. Tortorella is Philadelphia's best hope of being competitive and physical, and making the most of what they are. If Tortorella can show the Flyers their potential and hold faith in that, the future may not feel so bleak. -- Shilton
Its what happens when you have one star thats not really a star who is hurt all the time and the rest of the team gets paid a lot of money for being medicocre. Wev'e had this problem for years now. I like the reason for hope at least there was some ray of sunshine in the article.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't take comcast to produce a horn-tooting documentary on Torts because that is about all the hope they have to put fannies in the arena seats and to increase sign-ups of T.V. or streaming packages.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its what happens when you have one star thats not really a star who is hurt all the time and the rest of the team gets paid a lot of money for being medicocre. Wev'e had this problem for years now. I like the reason for hope at least there was some ray of sunshine in the article.

Torts isn't a ray of sunshine to me. He's the fly in the ointment of getting a legit difference maker in the draft. He's the shining example of Fletcher's incompetence. That, and Gaudreau's Blue Jackets jersey. I still can't believe we hired Torts, made a big stink about trying to compete, and then couldn't find a way to bring in a difference maker that barely even tried to hide his desire to play in Philly. And he signed a cheaper than expected deal in Columbus.

Pisses me off to even think about the Flyers with Fletcher at the helm.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep awaz. You nailed the source of the problem on the Flyers' side of things and then there is the contribution by dumpster fire known as Comcast.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it's another lost season without Couturier, Ellis and Farabee here for the vast majority of the season. Those are arguably 3 of our top 5 skaters, excluding Hart of course.

Sure, we might fight hard and be difficult to score against, but how are we going to score any goals? It's going to have to require everyone to chip in. There will be different goal scorers every single night. Scoring by committee. That's about it. We will have to work very hard for every last goal too.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, scratch anything I said about expectations or predicted points for this upcoming season. It's going to be a very young team that works hard, but loses often due to simply not having enough skill. That will result in us having to work twice as hard for every goal and then it's really deflating to watch the other team tie the game or take the lead via an "easy" power play goal or goal scored by a truly elite player that just makes it look easy.

With all of the injuries, it will be really interesting to see who makes this team for opening night. Tons of positions available, especially at forward.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torts isn't a ray of sunshine to me. He's the fly in the ointment of getting a legit difference maker in the draft. He's the shining example of Fletcher's incompetence. That, and Gaudreau's Blue Jackets jersey. I still can't believe we hired Torts, made a big stink about trying to compete, and then couldn't find a way to bring in a difference maker that barely even tried to hide his desire to play in Philly. And he signed a cheaper than expected deal in Columbus.

Pisses me off to even think about the Flyers with Fletcher at the helm.
Hes got 673 wins a 56% winning percentage and a Stanley cup so he cant be all that bad.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep awaz. You nailed the source of the problem on the Flyers' side of things and then there is the contribution by dumpster fire known as Comcast.
Torts hasn't even coached 1 game so i can guarantee he's not the source of our problem. Comcast i can agree with, Fletcher not doing anything to help us but the source of the problem was Hextal now Fletcher throw in Comcast as well but its certainly not Torts.