• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now not even close to the biggest trade all time. Here are a couple.

-Bucks trade KAJ to LAL for Junior Bridgeman, Dave Meyers, Elmore Smith & Brian Winters

-Red Auerbach trades HOFers Cliff Hagan & Ed Macauley to St. Louis for the # 2 overall pick- Bill Russell

-Auerbach trades the # 1 and # 13 picks in 1980 to Golden State for Robert Parish and the # 3 pick- Kevin McHale
The KD trade is every bit as big as those

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to take the other side here.

I don’t think it is about who is offended necessarily. And intent really is irrelevant. Most inappropriate comments start off as intended jokes.

I’m definitely not offended, but the fine is justified.

Cam seems like a good person and one who will learn from this, which is the intent of the fine in the first place. Fines are literally intended as a slap on the wrist. $40 K for someone at his salary is like $500 for a normal middle class person.

Have to choose words carefully when in front of the camera. The league has to draw a line somewhere, and while I don’t think many would find the comment “offensive”, it is difficult to argue that it was appropriate either.

The issue I have with this is that a warning would have been more than acceptable too.

Get the Nets PR team to tell him to make a public apology and make a $10k donation to some local LGBTQ organization.

Instead, the league now gets to fill their cookie jar with another $40k so Adam Silver and his buddies can eat and travel in luxury for the next couple of weeks,

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue I have with this is that a warning would have been more than acceptable too.

Get the Nets PR team to tell him to make a public apology and make a $10k donation to some local LGBTQ organization.

Instead, the league now gets to fill their cookie jar with another $40k so Adam Silver and his buddies can eat and travel in luxury for the next couple of weeks,

Imagine having to make an apology for just saying you’re straight

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-Bucks trade KAJ to LAL for Junior Bridgeman, Dave Meyers, Elmore Smith & Brian Winters

-Red Auerbach trades HOFers Cliff Hagan & Ed Macauley to St. Louis for the # 2 overall pick- Bill Russell

-Auerbach trades the # 1 and # 13 picks in 1980 to Golden State for Robert Parish and the # 3 pick- Kevin McHale
I would put the KD trade right there with the Kareem trade but I think the outcome will different how big it is. No championships? Makes it not look as big but right now it’s up there

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The trade that allowed the Lakers to draft James Worthy and led to the creation of the "Stepien Rule" was pretty big.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.

The Nets must really want to build their new team around him.

They don’t have an incentive to tank.

So they might as well build around the two wings they got from pho

Should’ve traded curry at least for more capital to pair with Harris’s expiring deal next year