• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Surprised Lilliard is so loyal to that team since there are some shenanigans going on there.

Yeah. Very weird

Need wash to free him

Let him and beal get a shot at…something

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now not even close to the biggest trade all time. Here are a couple.

-Bucks trade KAJ to LAL for Junior Bridgeman, Dave Meyers, Elmore Smith & Brian Winters

-Red Auerbach trades HOFers Cliff Hagan & Ed Macauley to St. Louis for the # 2 overall pick- Bill Russell

-Auerbach trades the # 1 and # 13 picks in 1980 to Golden State for Robert Parish and the # 3 pick- Kevin McHale

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a theme with the Sixers. Charles Bassey was cut as well and has acquitted himself well playing back up Big minutes down there. I would expect to see him make another step forward now that Poetl has been dealt. I also expect somebody to finally work to develop an offensive game with Thybulle…something the Sixers couldn’t do.

Doc Rivers isn’t a horrible coach. He isn’t an elite coach either. One glaring issue throughout his years though is an inability to develop young players. Anybody who gets better under him is purely accidental or they go outside the franchise to get better. Both Maxey and Embiid have worked with outside guys in development of their game.
They usually have an assistant coach delegated to doing that. Developing young players.

Like Phil Handy with the Lakers.

Just saying.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They usually have an assistant coach delegated to doing that. Developing young players.

Like Phil Handy with the Lakers.

Just saying.
The Lakers have young players? Sorry, but the Lakers have young players?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player on the Lakers over 30 is LeBron James who is 38.
I guess I consider young players as still being on their rookie deals.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a theme with the Sixers. Charles Bassey was cut as well and has acquitted himself well playing back up Big minutes down there. I would expect to see him make another step forward now that Poetl has been dealt. I also expect somebody to finally work to develop an offensive game with Thybulle…something the Sixers couldn’t do.
He has played in a whopping 24 games.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doc Rivers isn’t a horrible coach. He isn’t an elite coach either. One glaring issue throughout his years though is an inability to develop young players. Anybody who gets better under him is purely accidental or they go outside the franchise to get better. Both Maxey and Embiid have worked with outside guys in development of their game.

To be fair to doc, quite a few young guys got worse almost immediately after leaving him

Rondo
Brandon bass
Big baby
Sullinger

Bassey was showing life in limited minutes even last year

That’s on Morey imo

And you know I liked both him and joe

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have young players? Sorry, but the Lakers have young players?
All the young players that were previously on the Lakers were developed by other teams…at least it looks that way bc they got more of an opportunity