• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2027 or 2029. Trade being discussed only noted a 1st going to Utah.

Idk how you get all 3 of those guys without giving up both firsts

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers could lose D'angelo this summer in free agency - but they would have lost WestBrick any way - so it's an easy two month rental to see if it improves and I think he will be great for the team(cautiously optimistic)

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:spit:

You said it.

But, Westbrook @the minimum is much more tolerable than Westbrook @47 mil.

I still PRAY he lands someplace else.

But, the DLo reunion would be AWESOME for the Lakers.

Excuse me while I go throw the fuck up.

Not only do we not get Conley…but, we might have to add this fucking tornado?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ewwww…

Maybe Jeanie is still hedging?

"We're always looking to improve our roster, but what we will not do is we're not going to make a deal that sets us back," Buss told FOX Sports on Tuesday. "Because you could take one step forward and then go two steps back. So, we're always monitoring everything."

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not a HUGE* win but it will make them better. The fit with Westbrook is so damn horrid that just about anything makes you better but still. However, the Lakers are in a hole. Even if this trade goes thru, they're still gonna have to fight for the 10 seed. It does put them in a better spot for next season though. You got rid of Westbrook for depth pieces that can either help you next year or package for something that works better for you.

*It'll be closer to a huge deal if its just for one 1st round. If its two FRPs then that's kind of a high price for the return and makes you look like an absolute fool for not dealing both them for Hield/Turner earlier in the season

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers could lose D'angelo this summer in free agency - but they would have lost WestBrick any way - so it's an easy two month rental to see if it improves and I think he will be great for the team(cautiously optimistic)

They won't lose him for nothing. He'll either be re-signed or he'll be sign&traded to a team to get something in return.

Might as well start the gossip rumor mill now that Kyrie is gonna sign with the Lakers this summer and they'll sign and trade him to the Mavs for D'lo and pieces. /s

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,770.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't lose him for nothing. He'll either be re-signed or he'll be sign&traded to a team to get something in return.

Might as well start the gossip rumor mill now that Kyrie is gonna sign with the Lakers this summer and they'll sign and trade him to the Mavs for D'lo and pieces. /s
Whoa!!!!!!!!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said it.

Westbrook will either be a Clipper, Heat or Knick imo. For the min, sure why not. Most teams will take a flyer. And he'll do his usual Westbrook thing where the numbers will be decent enough and come playoff time, every team will completely ignore him on defense and gladly watch as he torpedoes your team's chances.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk how you get all 3 of those guys without giving up both firsts
If they're involved, they can't go back to the Wolves in the same season. I'm guessing some 2s on top of an unprotected 1st?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook will either be a Clipper, Heat or Knick imo. For the min, sure why not. Most teams will take a flyer. And he'll do his usual Westbrook thing where the numbers will be decent enough and come playoff time, every team will completely ignore him on defense and gladly watch as he torpedoes your team's chances.
Knicks are 3 deep already at PG with Rose out of the rotation basically. The other 2 more likely IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said it.

Then you buy out Wall and he goes to the Heat. Extends everyone's misery...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks are 3 deep already at PG with Rose out of the rotation basically. The other 2 more likely IMO.

Barrett's more of a wing than a guard. They'd be better served staying with Brunson and Quickley for sure but the Knicks (mostly Dolan) do love chasing "stars". They've been more responsible with Leon Rose running things but I could see Dolan overruling him just to take the flyer. Plus, the Knicks do need some kind of boost to get out of the play in. I could see a scenario where they talk themselves into Russ being a 6 man on a min deal rental being enough to push them into the Top 6